300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL This is why 20 year olds aren't hired as Police Cheifs

Granted, the two candidates before her dropped out due to the killing of the city mayor and the mayor's son but this is still a good bit of humor.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41904784...cas/?GT1=43001

Originally posted by Report: Female police chief in Mexico may seek U.S. asylum
    A 20-year-old college student hired as police chief of a Mexican border town is reportedly seeking asylum in the United States.

Marisol Valles Garcia "received death threats from a criminal group that wanted to force her to work for them," a relative told AFP news service on Thursday, speaking on condition of anonymity. She "went to the United States along with two relatives and will seek asylum."

Andres Morales, a spokesman for the town of Praxedis G. Guerrero, said Valles Garcia was expected back at work on Monday after taking some time off to deal with family matters.

"Right now, these are rumors," he said of the asylum report, according to the El Paso Times.

But he acknowledged that Valles Garcia had gone to the United States, saying it was to seek medical treatment for her infant son, who has a lung ailment.

"If she doesn't return to work (on Monday) she could be removed," the El Diario newspaper quoted Morales as saying, "though that would be up to the mayor."

Some reports said Valles Garcia left with her son and husband on Feb. 28, going across the border to Fort Hancock, Texas.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which handles asylum requests, did not immediately return a call regarding whether Valles Garcia had sought asylum.

Valles Garcia became police chief in Praxedis G. Guerrero — home to some 10,000 people — after two other job candidates dropped out following the killing of the mayor and his son.

Now widely known as "the bravest woman in Mexico," she was studying criminology in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico's most violent city, when she was appointed last October.

Word of Valles Garcia's apparent departure comes after Erika Gandara, a female officer and the sole representative of the law in the border town of Guadalupe, was kidnapped in December . Her fate is unknown.

Thats not really fair. She was the only person who would take the job and she knew the risk involved. I am sure this wasn't just a few death threats she held out a long time and i commend her. She even held out when the last officer in a near by town,also a young (i think she was 25) female was kidnapped. I hope she does get asylum she deserves it and we could use people like her here.

EDIT: shes also pretty cute too
    Last edited by Lawman4322; 03-04-2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

OTOH, she hasn't had the job that long. Perhaps she took the position knowing it would be the ticket for her and her family to asylum in the US.

Smart chica.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Now widely known as "the bravest woman in Mexico," she was studying criminology in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico's most violent city, when she was appointed last October.
        Sorry,I truly fail to see ANY humor in thisA young CJ student is the only one closely qualified(obviously) to take the job,She is APPOINTED to the position(didn't see where she requested it,but even if she did)her family and herself have their life threatened and they move out of harms way.Are you calling her a coward??,a wannabe???,what or where is the humor in this????

In 1981,I was policing in the same neighborhood that I lived in,threats were made on my wife and childs life,I moved my family 58 miles away,disrupting my childs first year in school,costing my wife her job,causing me to add 3 hours a day to my schedule,not to mention the additional cost etc..Yeah,I can really see where having your life threatened because you are a LEO is freakin hilarious.I guess you are calling ME a coward!! if so,and if you are feeling froggy,LETS JUMPOtherwise,go back to your mammas basement and pray the ----ahhhh never mind,you not worth it.

Edited to add:
        About Apexer
        Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry No Are You a Sworn Police Officer No Interests Riding Motorcycles, trying to memorize all 7 digits of a license plate, working on cars, hanging out with my wife when I can. Occupation Administrative Assistant Location East Bay, CA How did you find Officer.com?

BTW, why the hell are you here???????go away Calif. idiot.
        Last edited by mavriktu; 03-04-2011, 04:32 PM.
        Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Many police chiefs and officers in Mexico have died very gruesome deaths at the hands of the cartels.

I don't think her age has much to do with it so much as the fact that she has a job that attracts these sorts of threats.

Sucks, but these rural cops in Mexico are no match for the cartels, I don't blame her, she's a 20 year old woman who probably makes 500 bucks a month as the chief (if that). Would you risk being decapitated and having your head put on a pike because of that (Oh yes, that happens to cops in Mexico)?

I suspect she was naive, according to the reports (have her officers go unarmed), she thought she could avoid the drug war and do her job unmolested if she ignored the cartels, and just focused on non drug trade related crimes. It would seem the cartels didn't go for that.
          Last edited by zr5667; 03-04-2011, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I guess the only option for mexico is to hire ruthless mercenaries.
            Life is what you make of it

Comment

She knew what she was getting into with all the dangers involved. When the job started to get tough like she and everyone else knew it would, she played a cowards card and ran away to her mommy, in this case the U.S.

I don't want anything bad to happen to her but she knew what she was getting into and leading by example is just **** poor here.
              Last edited by Buffaloboy; 03-05-2011, 07:06 AM.
              Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

I'd do her
                It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

She has an entire country to move around in, there is no reason for her to come to the US.

Comment

No sympathy from me. She knew what she was getting into. Even if she was APPOINTED, she was the one going into LE in that crap hole. Did she really think at the ripe age of 20 she was going to make the difference? Perhaps her age is the only reason she would have thought that. She can't claim she didn't know that cops were a dieing breed in Mexico. Heck, she chose to even go un-armed and order others to do so. Pretty dumb. Please don't compare her situation, wants, or desire to anything in the USA. Mexico is not the USA.

Mavriktu....I don't think anyone is calling you anything. Your situation is totally different. IMO, you are taking it a little personal. This girl is 20 years old and is a police chief? Heck, that was funny all by itself.
                    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Comment

Originally posted by Apexer View Post
                      Granted, the two candidates before her dropped out due to the killing of the city mayor and the mayor's son but this is still a good bit of humor.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41904784...cas/?GT1=43001
                      Sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders and wants to keep it that way.
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
                      After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                        I'd do her

Comment

Originally posted by Buffaloboy View Post
                          She knew what she was getting into with all the dangers involved. When the job started to get tough like she and everyone else knew it would, she played a cowards card and ran away to her mommy, in this case the U.S.

I don't want anything bad to happen to her but she knew what she was getting into and leading by example is just **** poor here.
                          It's a little unfair to say a 20 year old knows what she's getting herself into. With very few exceptions a 20 year old isn't wise or mature enough to know what they are getting themselves into.
                          He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
                          shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
                          - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Originally posted by bsd13 View Post
                            It's a little unfair to say a 20 year old knows what she's getting herself into. With very few exceptions a 20 year old isn't wise or mature enough to know what they are getting themselves into.
                            You must be smoking the good stuff! She didn't know what she was getting into??

Some headlines are hailing her as the bravest woman in Mexico. Marisol Valles Garcia, all of 20 years old, says she's just tired of everyone being afraid.

Valles Garcia, a criminology student, became the police chief this week of Praxedis G. Guerrero, one of the most violent municipalities in the border state of Chihuahua. She was the only person who accepted the top job in a police force whose officers have been abducted and even killed.

"Yes, there is fear," Valles Garcia said Wednesday in an interview with CNN en Español. "It's like all human beings. There will always be fear, but what we want to achieve in our municipality is tranquility and security."

Comment

IHMO asylum was her plan all along.

Take a job that no one wants, do it for a short time, then get yourself and two of your closest relatives and go to the US seeking asylum, which she will most likely get.

Not to shabby.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9813 users online. 470 members and 9343 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X