300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightbar...

My takedown and alley lights are a bit yellowed/hazed.. is there anything I can do to clean/clear them up? I was looking at the headlight restore kits but am not sure.

Thanks!

B.
    Last edited by silly34; 03-04-2011, 05:20 PM.
    2010 Graduate of Reinhardt University Police Academy
    Class 10-004

Why not check with your department's shop and see if they have replacement covers? Or go to the lightbar manufacturer's website and see if they have replacements if you really want to spend your own money....
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

You can go get a bottle of Maguires PlasticX it's sold in both auto and boat supply stores...I've used it on really faded lenses and works quite well..just put it on using a soft cloth and wipe it off and you should be good to go...
      "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by silly34 View Post
        My takedown and alley lights are a bit yellowed/hazed.. is there anything I can do to clean/clear them up? I was looking at the headlight restore kits but am not sure.

Thanks!

B.

Dis' here is a perfect example of $ vs. Da PoPo.....

The operative werds were "clear" them up"...

Bottom line, a little loss of "LFI" could mean da' difference of ya' get a lead pill from a crazed crack head or just right down human piece of $h1t LEO hater a' plugg'in ya's belly or worse...

BTW,,, LFI is Lumins of flux Intensity..or,,,,, just some more Goddamn light....

So this is what da' Professor wud suggest to my LEO friend.....bash out every cover, light and lens wid a basrball bat, right befer ya's shift is over, and have em' replace em' with new factory jobies...

If they asked ya' "What happened ta' all ma' lights"?....

Blame it on a stray fly'in cow, like tha' rest of da' Peace Officers here in da' O....

Triggar!!!!!
        Originally posted by mookster
        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
        Originally posted by CityCopDC
        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Thanks I appreciate the suggestions and will be doing something..........shortly

B.
          Class 10-004

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Jack View Post
            You can go get a bottle of Maguires PlasticX it's sold in both auto and boat supply stores...I've used it on really faded lenses and works quite well..just put it on using a soft cloth and wipe it off and you should be good to go...
            I remembered I had some of this in the closet...sooooooo....

Class 10-004

Comment

Before...

Class 10-004

Comment

After (other side)

Class 10-004

Comment

Before

Class 10-004

Comment

After..

Class 10-004

Comment

See, a little elbow grease (or buffer on a drill) and good as new. Now just have to spin back the odometer to make believe it's a new unit..

Comment

Well Officer 34,

At least the last one ya' can see tha' strobe tube thingy.....Now turn em on....put tha' video lens right up against tha' light take about 10 sec worth...jam it in a digital loop and post it in a newly titled thread......Somethang to attract attention,, like Click here fer real hot chicks and dudes...

lets see how many O.COM'ers go inta some type of seizure..dat wud be fun....

Oh yea, wanna "field ya first answer on da' "Ask a cop thready thingy".....Thars a 101, well I assume, ask'in about if she wud be D.Q. fer giv'in a 9 year old a BJ.... No kidd'in go look!!!!

Da'
                        Professor
                        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                          See, a little elbow grease (or buffer on a drill) and good as new. Now just have to spin back the odometer to make believe it's a new unit..

Damn dat ain't a bad idear' at all..... not at all Officer...

Hell, just use a dremell tool whack da' damn plastic off and dip that glass tube in blue paint.... See,, I ain't so dumb.... fer a civy anyways...
                          -Frank

Comment

Ugh....bad astigmatism or epileptic episode with the pic Sully.

Comment

Originally posted by Timey25 View Post
                              Ugh....bad astigmatism or epileptic episode with the pic Sully.

Hummm Not bad...... Snagged me a PoPo....

Funny thang,,,, silly 34 and Timely25.......Calculat'in.....O.COM Mathematics....

ummm,, CliNk, ClaNk ClunK's...

Silly34,timey25

34+25=59
                              10+59=69

rotate both intergers 180 degress

=69

=

Interest'in.....Lightbars and math....
                              -Frank

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6420 users online. 366 members and 6054 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X