300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fasle alarms

Last night at work, it's me and another cook cleaning the kitchen. The manager was in the office counting money. No one else was in the restaurant and all the other employees were long gone. So all of a sudden the bell on the back door rings. The gates were all locked but could easily be slipped through. I ran to the office and told the manager and he told me this could be serious. So i took his keys and locked him in the office and shut the light off. Told him if he hears anything to call the cops. So i go into the kitchen and give the other cook the keys. The door was unlocked. So we sneak up to the door (i had a knife in hand) and i croutched down next to the door with the knife pointed up incase it opened. He locked the door and then i stepped back and we looked in the peak hole and no one was there. So at this point, my adrenaline is really going. So then i ran into the restaurant and searched the main dining room and went into the bathrooms to check if anyone was in there that didn't leave. Then i went to make sure the front door was locked and a server was standing out there. So i asked her what she was doing and she said she forgot something so i let her in and shes like ''Why do you have a butcher knife?'' lol. I told her not to do that again this late and to call in next time.

Have you guys ever had a scare that turned out to be just a simple mistake?
    Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

That was...surreal.
    If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

oh man, false alarms 99 percent of the time. some times they will go off multiple times a night. if it is a business they get charged after (x) amount of false alarms
      dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Once, when I was a kid around high school age, my parents were gone for the weekend leaving me at home. I had a friend over, and we had been playing around on an electronic organ. At the end of the day, I walked my friend home, came back to the empty house, and decided I should go back to the room where the organ was and put away the sheet music we had gotten out.

I was shocked to see someone had been in the room while I had been walking my friend home. The cupboard doors were all open-- the cupboard where Dad kept his gun collection. Someone had removed the boxes of picture slides that were also stored in lower shelves of that same cupboard, and the boxes were sitting out in piles on the floor. Gave me chills, and I ran to the phone and called the police.

I still remember the one officer giving a long whistle when he saw Dad's gun collection. He asked me if any of the guns were missing, but I didn't know Dad's collection well enough to answer that, though we could see there were empty pegs on the wall. They asked if there was anything else missing, and I ran around the house looking but couldn't see anything else missing. They asked if Mom and Dad could have come home, but I said they would have left a note if they had, and why would they have taken everything out of the cupboard and left it strewn around?

This was before the days of cell phones and wireless phones, and Mom and Dad were spending the weekend at a trailer camp, so I had no way to be in touch with them. I didn't sleep very well that night.

The next day they came back home and I learned that Dad had indeed stopped in at the house to pick up some picture slides that he wanted to show some of the people at the campground, and had indeed left everything strewn around.

"Well, next time leave a note-- I called the cops on you!" I told him. I've wondered, since then, if they ever did any follow-up call, or if he or Mom ever called them to explain that there really was NOT a break in at our house that day.

Who needs a burglar alarm when you have a teen-aged girl who is a little jumpy at the thought of being home alone??
        We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
        but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain Keppy View Post
          "Well, next time leave a note-- I called the cops on you!"
          that made me lol
          Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Originally posted by FromOhio View Post
            Have you guys ever had a scare that turned out to be just a simple mistake?
            On my walk to work while deployed while passing a random tent, jackass pops out in full mopp4 screaming gas and making the sign for it. We suit up like greased lightning. There was no gas attack, someone had been chewing bubble gum to close to the sensor.
            The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
            After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

i would be ****ed and relieved at the same time
              dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9457 users online. 346 members and 9111 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X