Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus

NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

This post pretty much sums up my Christmas.

I love Jesus, and I got the Calvin and Hobbes complete box set!

Merry Christmas Sarge.

Comment

Happy Birthday Jesus and many more!!
      Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
      Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
      It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

love it. Happy Bday Jesus,
        ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

"I like to think of Jesus as an Ice Dancer, dressed in an all-white jumpsuit, and doing an interpretive dance of my life."

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!"

Comment

"No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Happy Saturnalia.
              LOST:
              Individual Responsibility
              If found, please return to society.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Big Guy! hahaa

Comment

"The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”

Happy Birthday Jesus
                  Last edited by exComptonCop; 12-25-2010, 03:17 PM.
                  "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

A member of my congregation was telling me about ordering a cake for coffee hour last week, to celebrate December birthdays. She ordered a cake that said, “Happy Birthday, Jesus!” on it.

Sounds simple enough, but it took the cake decorator three tries to spell the name “Jesus” correctly. When corrected the second time, she giggled and said, “This is a word I don’t use often.”

There is a disconnect between "Christmas" and the birth of Jesus for many, many people. As a culture, we get into the celebration, but have lost connection with the original reason for the celebration.

Well, we all love a good celebration-- and can use one, in the deep of winter. My good wishes to all here, whatever you are thinking about your celebration (or lack thereof). We had a good celebration of Jesus' birth at "my" church last night, and are having a relaxed day today.
                    We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                    but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Happy Birthday Jesue- Hope you have a Great one. See you in a 100 years or so.
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain Keppy View Post
                        it took the cake decorator three tries to spell the name “Jesus” correctly. When corrected the second time, she giggled and said, “This is a word I don’t use often.”
                        Sad part is, that don't suprise me......

giggled huh?????

I have a real good buddy, big hot shot detective....Years ago he told me,"Sully ya' better have all your crap ta'gether cause when ya' purposed in life is served, ya's gunna' be on tha' fast train to somewhere's.." That was a Sully paraphrase of course.....

Now I say ta' each his/her own...none of ma' biz, unless they want my take on thangs....

But the person squirt'in dat' ice'in, on that dar' cake, betta' get dar' stuffy ta'getha....right fast like...

Just say'in.....

Trig.... get me ma' bottle!!!!! My throat is start'in ta' dry up again,,,,Chop chop!
                        Originally posted by mookster
                        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                        Originally posted by CityCopDC
                        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain Keppy View Post
                          A member of my congregation was telling me about ordering a cake for coffee hour last week, to celebrate December birthdays. She ordered a cake that said, “Happy Birthday, Jesus!” on it.

Sounds simple enough, but it took the cake decorator three tries to spell the name “Jesus” correctly. When corrected the second time, she giggled and said, “This is a word I don’t use often.”

There is a disconnect between "Christmas" and the birth of Jesus for many, many people. As a culture, we get into the celebration, but have lost connection with the original reason for the celebration.

Well, we all love a good celebration-- and can use one, in the deep of winter. My good wishes to all here, whatever you are thinking about your celebration (or lack thereof). We had a good celebration of Jesus' birth at "my" church last night, and are having a relaxed day today.
                          While its quite possible that she is not Christian, it is kind of bad that she can't spell Jesus. It is spelled how it sounds.

Comment

It is easily possible that she is not a Christian, of course-- but it seems plain ignorant to me, not to be able to spell his name, just as it would be very ignorant of me not to be able to spell Mohammed or Buddha, even though I am neither Muslim nor Buddhist.

The ironic thing is, even though she cannot spell his name, she very easily could celebrate Christmas in some fashion or another.
                            We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                            but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Happy Birthday Jesus! This reminds me of a tradition I used to have with the kids. From about the time my daughter was 3 and my son 6, I used to let them make a Birthday Cake for Jesus. It was soooo much fun, still have photo's of them sitting on the bar with icing all over them and every thing else ... It never failed on Christmas Day, everyone that came over would say who's Birthday?? They would have the pleasure of explaining it to them, and that they decorated the cake. Great Memories...
                              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

~~ Life's a garden, dig it ~~

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8510 users online. 307 members and 8203 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X