300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how some of you do it

Running around all winter looking like the Stay-Puft marshmallow man. The mere act of donning and doffing all the winter clothes has got to take a considerable part of your day!

I went out to the mailbox and felt warm sunshine on my face. Weather channel says it's 72* outside.

Enjoy your snowdrifts.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Sounds nice right about now!
    Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

I ordered extra sun for jhall and family. Come get some!!
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I like having all the seasons. I would hate it to be hot and sweaty every day non stop.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that at all! Personally, I'd love to partake in 4 distinct seasons every year. I just don't want one of 'em to make me look like I'm an over-inflated inner tube!
          NRA Life Member

Comment

Hey Sarge

Just so you remember what it is like up here in the north

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
              I ordered extra sun for jhall and family. Come get some!!
              Thank you Sir, we will be landing @ Sky Harbour...
              Last edited by jhall; 12-07-2010, 01:33 PM.
              Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
              Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
              It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

I guess Sarge never heard of thin coats that offer great warmth lol. Summertime sucks with the humidity, insect bites and swarms, sweating like a pig, cars turning into ovens, sunny days that make driving a PITA if you lost your sunglasses...............................

Well the ONE cool thing about summer are the thunderstorms.
                Life is what you make of it

Comment

Iowa - that looks like it would require a down jacket. One of the rather large, restrictively poofy variety.

Do the livestock eat that hay if it's blanketed in snow?

jhall - you let me know when, brother!
                  NRA Life Member

Comment

I also love having four seasons.

I just wish winter wasn't more than five months long here.

(sigh)

We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                    but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

I could seriously do without seasons. I'd be o.k. with a Fall and spring where it dipped down into the 70's, but the rest of the time it should be in the upper 80's and 90's.
                      "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Love this weather! If I had any desire to be cold or see snow, I could drive a couple hours north.... but i won't. I'm dreading heading to NJ in a couple weeks... I keep saying Christmas will be in May next time, but no one buys it.
                        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                        and I'm not sure about the former.
                        -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Arizona heat? Nah.

Minnesota cold? Nah.

California temperate? Juuuuuuuust perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                            Iowa - that looks like it would require a down jacket. One of the rather large, restrictively poofy variety.

Do the livestock eat that hay if it's blanketed in snow?

That scene is about 1/4 mile east of my place.........taken 2 yrs ago right after a 3 day blizzard. My car was stranded in a friend yard just beyond the grain bins.........

If I am out in that stuff it is in insulated coveralls/snowmobile suit & balaclavas.

Those hay bales are "in storage".....actually used as a windbreak for the cattle lot which is just past that shot................they are also 6' in height.....just kind of shows the scale of those drifts....

That shot is with a pretty good telephoto.................the grain bins in the background are 1/2 mile away.......with a pretty good dip in the road in between the front of the photo and the rear........those 4-6 foot drifts in the front continued to the top of the hill there by the bins.

A half mile of drifts ...............................that road was closed for 2 days until they got the heavy duty snow blower from the next county to help.

Yes I enjoyed
                            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Ahaha Arizona for the win!
                              Last edited by stbspd; 12-07-2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2139 users online. 125 members and 2014 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X