Mysterious Missile Launch in Southern Cal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious Missile Launch in Southern Cal

What do you guys think this was? I'm opening the thread to legitimate theories as well as inviting wild speculation. The end of the story... about a show of force for Asia.. huh? Asia didn't believe we had ICBMs?

"No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Vandenberg AirForce base playing with it's missiles.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
      Vandenberg AirForce base playing with it's missiles.
      Is that official, or just an educated guess?
      "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Un educated guess
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I know! It was a stunt to promote that new game, COD Black Ops, right?
          Originally posted by JasperST
          "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
          It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

My bad, my finger slipped!...

Or maybe...

What does this button do?...
            sigpic

Comment

Alien critters messin' with our missle launch systems?

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
              "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Yes, spend millions of dollars we don't have as a "show of force." That's wonderful. I really hope that's not it. It'll be interesting to see what it is. My guess was an "oops" moment that they're trying to get a cover story for. Guess we'll see.
                I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
                - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
                  Yes, spend millions of dollars we don't have as a "show of force." That's wonderful. I really hope that's not it. It'll be interesting to see what it is. My guess was an "oops" moment that they're trying to get a cover story for. Guess we'll see.
                  There is no "Big Red Button", large missiles don't go off my accident.
                  Preliminary Background Check = Pass
                  Civil Service Test = Pass
                  Physical Fitness Test = Pass
                  Police Interview Board = Pass
                  Civil Service Interview Board = Pass
                  List Complied = I'm #2
                  Background = Pass
                  Chief/Admin Board = Pass
                  Offer of Employment = Given and Accepted
                  Physical/Psych Exam = Pass
                  Drug Screen = Pass
                  Start Date = Dec 13
                  Academy Date (I'm shooting for) = 2 Jan 11

Comment

A launch by a Chinese or Russian sub, perhaps?

I am sure we know, but are not telling.
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Just a couple bottle rockets tied together.

The retired government guy who hypothesized that it was an ICBM launch from a submarine, that actually makes sense, considering where it was fired from (out in the ocean)

Comment

It's probably that balloon dad trying to get another TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
                          Yeah, I didn't get that at all. Do we really need to show "Asia" that our missiles work? I thought that was just common knowledge. It was only countries like North Korea that have to launch their sh*tty missiles to show they work.

Comment

When I first heard it I thought it was a perverted joke.

Comment

It is the beginning of the zombie apocalypse?

It is George Bush’s fault?

Dick Chaney and his evil company Halliburton are behind this?

The Air Force is having a bit of fun while the big boss is out of the country?

Nancy Pelosi blew a gasket when she found out that the rest of her party doesn’t want her in charge anymore?

Since NASA was unable to launch the shuttle last week the Air Force was showing them how it is done?
                              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10380 users online. 357 members and 10023 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X