300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being sent to Utah?

So a friend's boyfiend got sent to Utah for a "nature based program" speculation about a rehab program, as he was involved with a crash where his best friend died.... all my friend knows is that he was sent to Utah.. hasn't been able to contact parents or anything.

Anyone know of a program in Utah like this? It's a very strange situation, and I can't figure out what the heck this means.

It is not uncomon in rehab to have a "no contact" period

Comment

Sorry about the circumstances, but Utah is a pretty good place. Scenic beauty, alot of space, Canyonlands, Zion National Park. A guy can do alot worse than to end up there, even if it's for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
        So a friend's boyfiend got sent to Utah for a "nature based program" speculation about a rehab program, as he was involved with a crash where his best friend died.... all my friend knows is that he was sent to Utah.. hasn't been able to contact parents or anything.

Anyone know of a program in Utah like this? It's a very strange situation, and I can't figure out what the heck this means.
        Taylor,

My friend's daughter was sent to the same type of program. She was drinking, doing drugs, and cutting school. She's also in a wilderness program in Utah. Her mom goes and visits every few months, and I believe they also speak on the phone every week. If I remember correctly, there was a period of "adjustment" where they couldn't communicate when she got there.

Comment

I had a friend who went to one of those in Idaho. Too bad her folks dropped a ton of money and it didn't help a thing.
          'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Adolescent programs are very expensive and very intense. The 'no contact' rules exclude parents and 'good' friends so that 'bad' friends and enablers can't get through to the patient.

Sucks to be him, for now, but he's not a victim - he's a volunteer. Let's hope he 'gets it' and turns his life around.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone... hopefully I'll get my friend to stop crying.

Comment

Those places are pretty common, often an alternative to juvinile hall or the ranch (as they're called here in California).

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9672 users online. 452 members and 9220 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X