300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa #1603

Congratulations on being officially retired!

What are your plans, now?
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Thank you

Yes,

I made it through my final shift................................Officially I don't "retire" until the end of the year. But I have terminal leave until then

I actually get paid my full salary for the next 2 months before changing to a retirement check.

I don't know what is going to happen but at 55 I am way to young to really retire. I'll find something to do after I get the honey-do list at least partially complete
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 10-31-2010, 03:59 AM.

Comment

That is Awesome Iowa. I was thinking about you recently. I knew it was coming up soon.

Congrats on a great career and that first day in the yard with the weight lifting freaks to today
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Congratulations! I hope you keep a good pace and don't slow down!!
        Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
        Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
        It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

Good for you Iowa!!!!
          "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Congrats Iowa!
            Brad

Comment

Congrats!!!!
              'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Happy early retirement Iowa
                "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Congratulations, Iowa!

As for what comes next... the world is your oyster! What have you not had the chance to get into up to now, that you've been curious about or attracted to?

When my Dad retired, he and Mom moved to Florida, where the flying weather was consistently better than our hometown's weather. First, they built their dream home. One aspect of that home was a two-car garage, although my family never had two cars at one time. Half of the garage was set up as a workshop. First he built a sailboat. That project helped him get used to his tools and his new workshop. Then he built a two-seater open cockpit bi-wing plane.

Later, when his pilot's license was pulled because of a heart condition, he took up the piano.

I remember him before retirement, keeping a countdown of how many years, months, weeks and days he had to go before retirement. It is not that he didn't like his job-- he did-- but it is a big world out there, and he was ready to explore it.

So again, I say: what do you want to explore?
                  We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                  but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Dad in his plane...

Comment

"The Celebrity" was the model name of the airplane, I believe.

Comment

Congratulations!
                        "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                        Not Yet Visited: 16
                        Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Congrats, Iowa! Enjoy it.
                          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                          and I'm not sure about the former.
                          -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Get after it old school. I suggest a bow and a tree stand!
                            Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                            I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                            Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                            as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Please don't move to Florida and drive slow like everyone else. Congrats on being retired, maybe you can work at a gun range or something haha.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7492 users online. 372 members and 7120 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X