• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Heavily-armed" citizen militia group plans to patrol smuggling corridor

Anyone heard about this?

Heavily-armed citizen militia group plans to patrol smuggling corridor

By Teresa Jun
    And Christopher Francis

PINAL COUNTY, AZ (KOLD) - A group of citizens plans to arm themselves with heavy weaponry and patrol the Vekol Valley area of Pinal County, looking for drug smugglers entering the country. They plan to conduct their patrol operation from 3:00pm Saturday to 3:00pm Sunday.

"We're going to block off the narcoterrorists that come up through this area," said Mesa resident Jason "J.T." Ready, who is organizing the gathering.

Ready says volunteers are coming from all over Arizona, and even out of state, to support the effort.

"This is the Minuteman Project on steroids," Ready explained. "We've got people with assault weapons. We will use lawful, deadly force where appropriate."

But Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu responds, "Though I appreciate their support and offer to take up arms and patrol, this would not be helpful, and would only cause a strain on already strained resources, and their safety needs to be a priority. I do not ask or encouraged them to come here."

The Vekol Valley area has become a highly-trafficked corridor for drug runners. The situation has become so dangerous that signs now warn people to stay away. Not far from the area, a Pinal County sheriff's deputy was shot and injured in late April.

Ready has ties to extremist groups, according to the Southern Poverty Law Cent

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=12675989
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Man... The whole area sounds like a powder keg just waiting for the tiniest spark.
    Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

Holding all the inevitable trials is going to cost the AZ court system a lot of money. If trials are rarely held and a lot of corpses start stacking up, the rest of the nation will not be thrilled.

Comment

Interesting what is going on over there. Although I do not support extreme responses I will say that if the federal government will not do something about the illegal immigration issue then other people will have to.
        Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Why don't we hire the guy who designed the Berlin wall, yeah people crossed it but overall it did its job until politics thankfully made it fall.
          Life is what you make of it

Comment

Originally posted by MD11pilot View Post
            Why don't we hire the guy who designed the Berlin wall, yeah people crossed it but overall it did its job until politics thankfully made it fall.
            That's the effect of 'engage on site' commands, not a testament to the wall's integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
              Holding all the inevitable trials is going to cost the AZ court system a lot of money. If trials are rarely held and a lot of corpses start stacking up, the rest of the nation will not be thrilled.
              That will depend on exactly who the corpses belong to.......
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

On the one hand, I am glad someone is doing something over the border situation.

On the other, I am concerned that this is just a bunch of rednecks looking to kill some Mexicans.
                Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand...

Comment

Originally posted by theINTERN View Post
                  On the one hand, I am glad someone is doing something over the border situation.

On the other, I am concerned that this is just a bunch of rednecks looking to kill some Mexicans.
                  You shut yo mouth, Intern! That's largely who we have to thank for Texas's independence.
                  "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

What laws do they have protecting them? If they see smugglers what exactly can they do?

Comment

You shut yo mouth, Intern! That's largely who we have to thank for Texas's independence.
                      WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA......

Let me rephrase. I am all for protecting America for the cause of our sovereignty. However, when extremist groups become involved; situations tend to get out of hand very quickly. Your posts lead me to believe you are a rational person, and anyone that possesses that characteristic knows that these groups are anything but.
                      Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand...

Comment

Originally posted by theINTERN View Post
                        WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA......

Let me rephrase. I am all for protecting America for the cause of our sovereignty. However, when extremist groups become involved; situations tend to get out of hand very quickly. Your posts lead me to believe you are a rational person, and anyone that possesses that characteristic knows that these groups are anything but.
                        Above all else, my posts should lead you to believe that I am sarcastic. When in doubt, I'm not being sincere.
                        I was just poking a little fun at some of our Texas patriots. I think it could be argued that at least a percentage of the men who fought in the Texas war for independence were not much more than rednecks who wanted to kill some Mexicans. There were a fair share of basically mercenaries who were wanted for murder in other states.
                        "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                          What laws do they have protecting them? If they see smugglers what exactly can they do?
                          Yeah, I don't know what exactly their plan would be. I guess they could just go out there and antagonize the smugglers until they get shot at and then have an excuse to return fire.

Comment

Good on them... but I don't see anything good happening out of it. I doubt the sheriff or other law enforcement in the area are going to let a bunch of non-leos come in and start enforcing laws. They're about 150 years too late to do that kind of thing
                            He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
                            shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
                            - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

For those not familiar with the area, Ttats where the Pinal County Deputy was shot a while back.

If these guys, whose leader does have ties to white supremacist groups do happen to get into a shooting and kill or injure an illegal, regardless of the situation, it'll be a whole other ****storm like the USBP shooting in El Paso was.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9132 users online. 380 members and 8752 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X