300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martial Arts

So does anyone here take or have ever taken martial arts?
    If so, put your rank, type of martial art and how long you've done it.

1st Dan (black belt), Traditional Tang Soo Do, and 5 years.
    Last edited by -A-; 04-25-2010, 11:00 AM.
    Semper Paratus/Always Ready
    Originally posted by jakflak
    The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
    Originally posted by Michigan
    I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

: )

Shotokan Karate, 9 Years, 3'rd Kyu (brown belt). I should be Shodan by now, but I took a break for 2 years. Just starting to get back into it. Also, our style is very hard to get a black belt in. Old school promotion style. You only get it if you've earned it by many years of sweat and training
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by ChevyPower View Post
      Also, our style is very hard to get a black belt in. Old school promotion style. You only get it if you've earned it by many years of sweat and training
      Sounds like mine, good old blood and sweat.
      I'm tired of seeing the blackbelt give away studios starting up all around my town.
      Semper Paratus/Always Ready
      Originally posted by jakflak
      The bottom line: always be nice to the magic voice. All hail the magic voice!!
      Originally posted by Michigan
      I have a 1 year old daughter and at this rate I'm almost certain I'm going to end up in prison by the time she's 15 years old. I swear, the first guy that that comes knocking on my door holding onto a naked photo of my daughter.....

Don't bother telling me, "oh it's her fault too".... I know, I have double standards. Deal with it.

: )

Comment

Kempo Karate - ala the Late Great Ed Parker.

Never made it past a green (half way to black) but plan to reknew my committment. Best physical activity I ever did. Loved it.
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by -A- View Post
          Sounds like mine, good old blood and sweat.
          I'm tired of seeing the blackbelt give away studios starting up all around my town.
          Yea that ****es me off too. I've actually gotten away from the mind set of trying to train for rank. I'm training to make myself better, and if they want to give me a belt to go along with that, then fine.
          "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by ChevyPower View Post
            Yea that ****es me off too. I've actually gotten away from the mind set of trying to train for rank. I'm training to make myself better, and if they want to give me a belt to go along with that, then fine.
            Royce Gracie once said: "a belt only covers 2 inches of your a-ss, you have to do the rest"

Comment

Moo Duk Kwan Taekwondo - 6 years - Deputy Black/High Red
              Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu - 1 year - White

Comment

Did 2 years of Kempo made it to Green but that was almost 12 years ago.

US Army Combatives Training Devloped by Royce Gracie (IMO a more practical way to fight) (Premise is to keep your enemy occupied long enough for your buddy to come along and put a round into his head)

About to start into Krav Maga when my work schedual changes (Developed by Isralie Special Forces, again a more practical way to fight not much rank structure or Katas just practical whup *** techniques)
                Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

Krav Maga has a lot of very applicable techniques (what to do if someone puts a gun through your car window, engaging assailants on an elevator/stairway, etc.), but I found the stances too squared and too short.

Army Combative training is excellent. A strong wrestling base will win 95% of street fights.

Comment

9 Years of Kickboxing, including American and Thai.
                    Taekwondo
                    less than 2 years of BJJ
                    Shaolin Kempo Karate
                    sigpic

Comment

Hmmm I heard of this thing called martial arts. I have ocassionally practiced by watching black belt theater on Saturday mornings. Here is kinda a quick run down.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do
                      Brown Belt Kuk Sool Won
                      Brown Belt Isyhin Ryu (Sp)
                      18 years of Mauy Thai (Fought professionaly)
                      10 years of No gi Jiu Jitsu (No Belt since no Gi but studied under Todd Medina)
                      About ten years of MMA (Fought professionaly)

There are probably more styles I played around with when I was younger and I will remember them after I post this. Alot of the time I would put into each style I did while training in a second style. Most of my life have gone to two gyms at once in order to make sure I mixed up my sparing partners.
                      Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Songham Taekwondo 8yrs 1st degree BB
                        Ju jitsu - 1 year
                        Army Combatives Level II - 120 hours (I think)

Comment

I'm a 3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo. I've been doing it for 12 years and am the owner/head instructor of 2 schools.

Comment

Been in and around the martial arts for about 30 years..The only rank I chose to hold is a 1st Dan in Combat Hapkido..

Comment

I'm have a black belt in Mexican Judo. Judon'tknow if I have a gun. Judon'tknow if I have a knife, etc.
                              "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2313 users online. 154 members and 2159 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X