300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 3 Restaurants that give you a discount

Just curious to know my fellow officers Preferred Top 3 Restaurants that offer a courteous discount while on duty.

1. TGI Friday's

2. Logan's Roadhouse

3. Chic-Fil-A
    Last edited by 901Boy; 04-12-2010, 03:51 PM.
    "Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere"-M.L.K. Jr.

This thread is gonna go south VERY quickly....popcorn being made now.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

We are not allowed to accept discounts - - also known as gratuities.

It's a violation of department policy.

If a restaurant "insists", I will typically leave the price of the meal on the table as a tip. (Saves arguing in public with a manager/owner that way.)

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
      "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

If they give a discount we don't go there. Simple.............Hey FJ, Butter and salt please.
        The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

LOL...Good Point.... Even though there is no harm intended...

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
          This thread is gonna go south VERY quickly....popcorn being made now.
          "Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere"-M.L.K. Jr.

Comment

I'm old school. I will gladly accept a half-price meal or free coffee. The restaurants don't expect anything in return, except for hoping that we eat there again. Heck, it usually works out well to the restaurant's advantage. There are few places around here that give a discount, and I wouldn't go to them at all if they charged full price. So by them giving a discount, they are getting more business than if we didn't eat for half-pop.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I agree with A Teamer.

Logans opened up near me and they are not LE friendly and the food sucked anyways, I wouldn't go there on or off duty.

Chik Fil A gets my vote for most gratuitous and a dang fine chicken sammich.
              Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

We had a local bar/resturant/catering hall that would provide nice meals on the house. We are always there for fights and vehicle burglaries. We used to work there every WED-FRI-SAT AND SUN nights as additional security until we locked up several of their bouncers for beating the ever living hell out of a patron and dumping him out the back door.

Needless to say, we kinda scaled it back to once a month, except the detectives, who were always there. Long story short, the didn;t pay their taxes and the TWP fined them. They then produced a detailed computer print out of everything they have provided to the TWP for free and asked if it was fair for them to be fined when they provided over $20,000 in free food (police, fire, ems, twp functionsm ect.)

The letter came out immediately that we were no longer allowed to eat there. Shocker, didn't see that one coming.

Like said before, leave the full amount on the table.
                Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

We don't have Chic-Fil-A up here.

Comment

Providing gratuities to government employees is not the correct thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                      Good to know.
                      yeah!

Comment

Bill and Monica found that out the hard way.
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Who has time on duty to eat at a TGI Fridays?

Comment

So..... giving your dau or a military civilian employee a discount is a wrong thing......just because of their status....?

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                              I'm old school. I will gladly accept a half-price meal or free coffee.
                              Quik Trip in Kansas City will give free soda/coffee to on-duty Fire/EMS/Police and most security guards.... And they will let the Cops eat all the nasty food that has been heating all day.... Good stuff...

We have some Subways, Jimmy Johns, Denny's, and the iHop that cut deals in the KC area. Back home Subway, Pizza Hut, and a Mom/Pop Pizza joint give discounts...

I only went to places where I see them make my stuff....or the Mom/Pop place since I worked there in College and know the owner very, very, very well....... I graduated with her and her two brothers.... One is FBI SA and the other is IRS SA (former NCIS).......so... she won't let her staff jack with us.....

Now I usually go to Moe's, Subway, Quiznos, or the Taco Bell that is a walk-up as you can see them make the stuff....or a sushi shop that does everything right there.....

Just me....

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11924 users online. 503 members and 11421 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X