Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obamacare, here we go...

Great. Great, great, great....

Here we effing go. Beginning of the end.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...rtion-funding/

Updated March 21, 2010
    Stupak Announces Deal With White House on Abortion Funding Ban

FOXNews.com

Pro-life Democrats have reached a deal with President Obama to ensure that no taxpayer money goes to abortion services, Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., who led Democratic lawmakers opposed to the Senate bill, said Sunday.

Pro-life Democrats have reached a deal with President Obama to ensure that no taxpayer money goes to abortion services, Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., who led Democratic lawmakers opposed to the Senate bill, said Sunday.

Stupak made the announcement surrounded by a handful of Democratic lawmakers who had held out their "yes" votes on a massive health insurance overhaul set for a vote on Sunday over abortion. The swing appeared to give Democratic leaders enough votes to pass the 10-year, nearly $1 trillion legislation.

"I'm pleased to announce that we have an agreement, and it's with the help of the president and the speaker we were able to come to an agreement to protect the sanctity of life in the health care reform. There will be no public funding for abortion in this legislation," Stupak said.

Stupak announced support for the bill as the White House issued its statement about the executive order.

The president "will be issuing an executive order after the passage of the health insurance reform law that will reaffirm its consistency with longstanding restrictions on the use of federal funds for abortion," reads a statement from White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer.

"While the legislation as written maintains current law, the executive order provides additional safeguards to ensure that the status quo is upheld and enforced, and that the health care legislation's restrictions against the public funding of abortions cannot be circumvented," the statement reads.

Opponents say an executive order does not have the force of law that legislation would provide.

"That is not the rule of law. That's the rule of man. One man can sign an executive order and one man can repeal that again, the president of the United States," said Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis. "So for those of us in the pro-life movement and the -- and my Democrat friends who are pro-life, that doesn't cut it. A executive order is not something that is permanent law."

For once I wished I would see something useful that our government is doing right now. Uggh.
    The point of life is not to arrive at the grave in a well perserved body, but to skid in sideways completely worn out screaming Holy S*** what a ride.

"No one can make you feel inferior without you first giving your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Here we go.
      Cram a law, the majority of the republic <ha> detests, down our throats. Because the elected lawmakers know so much better whats good for us proles.

Just watch next on the chopping block will be your guns. Followed by abolishment of term limits for the Presidency. Hope you enjoyed it.
      Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

Has anyone seen anything else about Obama wanting to make veterans pay for health care? I remember seeing an article on it, but I havent seen anything recently.
        The point of life is not to arrive at the grave in a well perserved body, but to skid in sideways completely worn out screaming Holy S*** what a ride.

"No one can make you feel inferior without you first giving your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hope this healthcare plan comes with a lifetime supply of lube....
          'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Oh just peachy.
            Something so important as healthcare, and they don't really have a clue how to run this program so the shrinking middle class isn't taxed to death.
            Originally posted by JasperST
            "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
            It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

What a ****ty way to end my birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by brad601 View Post

Just watch next on the chopping block will be your guns. Followed by abolishment of term limits for the Presidency. Hope you enjoyed it.
                Taking this a bit far arn't we? He is not going to do either of things and really, if you have read this bill, its not some crazy end of the world type stuff. I'm as much against this bill as the next guy, but really, some of these paranoid theories from the right are just getting out of hand.
                This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Originally posted by Trauma1 View Post
                  Oh just peachy.
                  Only if by "peachy," you mean "impeachment."

Too bad we probably don't have anything bad enough to go on. UGH.
                  I love my LMU Lions! We have a long way to go, but we're pulling through the muck and coming out alive!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LMUcrazycagegrl View Post
                    Only if by "peachy," you mean "impeachment."

Too bad we probably don't have anything bad enough to go on. UGH.
                    Maybe the wasn't enough to describe my sarcasm. Even with all the high priced experts, this health care nightmare is just beginning.

How much longer will he be in office? It better be just one term too, I don't think we can survive all the "change".
                    Originally posted by JasperST
                    "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
                    It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Oh, I got the sarcasm. I just wanted to play on words because it's fun.
                      I love my LMU Lions! We have a long way to go, but we're pulling through the muck and coming out alive!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Erik- View Post
                        Taking this a bit far arn't we? He is not going to do either of things and really, if you have read this bill, its not some crazy end of the world type stuff. I'm as much against this bill as the next guy, but really, some of these paranoid theories from the right are just getting out of hand.
                        Farfetched? I never thought I would see the day that the federal government would be taking over private companies such as GM. The feds have no business running the private sector but moved right in and took over...now we are looking at healthcare 'reform'. Who is going to pay the price for it? That money has to come from somewhere....and it will be my paycheck.

I currently pay around $90.00 for my healthcare. When the Obama plan goes into effect, my cost is expected to more than double. So, when I go out and work my *** off every day, its my costs that go up. Why doesn't the goverment come up with affordable healthcare similar to an HMO that is available to low income?

Obama wants to run everything...whether its the bank I do business with, the company I buy my car from, to the doctor I see. How is it paranoid and far fetched that other things will be taken away. It may sound paranoid but it is slowly becoming a reality.
                        Taylor1430
                        Forum Member
                        Last edited by Taylor1430; 03-21-2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbr600_kitty View Post
                          Hope this healthcare plan comes with a lifetime supply of lube....
                          That would be one good part of it. Anyways why can't we just tax the hell out of the rich since they seem to be calling the shots anyways? And I define rich if your income is over 100K a year.
                          Life is what you make of it

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
                            Farfetched? I never thought I would see the day that the federal government would be taking over private companies such as GM. The feds have no business running the private sector but moved right in and took over...now we are looking at healthcare 'reform'. Who is going to pay the price for it? That money has to come from somewhere....and it will be my paycheck.
                            GM came to the United States government and asked for a bailout. The terms of that bailout were laid out in front of them. They did not have to sign on the dotted line. Blame GM, not Obama.

I currently pay around $90.00 for my healthcare. When the Obama plan goes into effect, my cost is expected to more than double. So, when I go out and work my *** off every day, its my costs that go up. Why doesn't the goverment come up with affordable healthcare similar to an HMO that is available to low income?
                            I don't know. Why didn't we explore tort reform? Why didn't the last President or the President before that or the one before that tackle health care? I totally disagree with this bill for the same reasons you seem to be. We cannot afford it. Our economy will be far to strained with the government now spending money in Medicare, Medicade, TRICARE, Social Security and now health care.

Obama wants to run everything...whether its the bank I do business with, the company I buy my car from, to the doctor I see. How is it paranoid and far fetched that other things will be taken away. It may sound paranoid but it is slowly becoming a reality.
                            He will not take your guns because he knows it is a death sentence come the next Presidential election. He will lose my state and handful of others if he passes a gun ban. And he is not going to amend the United States Constitution so that he can serve unlimited terms. That is just asinine paranoia.
                            This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
                              Thomas Jefferson

We may consider each generation as a distinct nation, with a right, by the will of its majority, to bind themselves, but none to bind the succeeding generation, more than the inhabitants of another country. Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson

That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves. Thomas Jefferson

Never spend your money before you have earned it. Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3599 users online. 237 members and 3362 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X