1:63 scale police vehicle models

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:63 scale police vehicle models

Can anyone recommend a company that would make a 1:63 scale model of my department's vehicles? I know Shomer Tec did a long time ago.
    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

1:63 scale is "Hot Wheels" size, correct? Wouldn't it be easier to find a Monogram or Revell vehicle model and modify it? That is normally 1:24 scale unless you are deadset on the '63 scale. Probably be easier to find someone with an ALPS printer to make some custom decals for it.

Comment

Yes, it's the hot wheels size. Years ago, in my old zone, my watch got together and ordered a couple dozen of these hot wheels size replicas. They're pretty neat. Never thought of the ALPS printer idea. Thanks.

Comment

Try these guys:http://firstresponsereplicas.com/

They built one for my PD... while it's a tad bit bigger then a hotwheel, it's not much bigger...
        “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Dicast Direct does all the PSP vehicles and Helos. GROG
          As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

KustomKoncepts.com used to be a great site for stuff around Maryland... check them out.

EDIT: NVM, checked the link and it doesn't work nemore.

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Comment

Mattel has a vetting process for making actual Matchbox cars.....our K-9 Tahoe is in the process...however, I didn't contact them, they contacted me...
              called out by member SOI on 04-19-2010 and he didn't back it up..

Comment

Originally posted by LAChief View Post
                1:63 scale is "Hot Wheels" size, correct? Wouldn't it be easier to find a Monogram or Revell vehicle model and modify it? That is normally 1:24 scale unless you are deadset on the '63 scale. Probably be easier to find someone with an ALPS printer to make some custom decals for it.
                Sounds like someone is a model builder .....

To the OP. If you want someone who will make custom cars for you, I recommend Joe @ diecast & Decals. He's done some work for me and he will custom make cars based on your requirements. I would recommend size 1:43 as a scale, bigger than hot wheels size, but smaller than the size LA Chief is talking about.
                Last edited by lpstopper; 02-27-2010, 10:39 PM.
                "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

When I started looking into the sites the others had suggested, I realized I should've written 1:43 scale, that is actually the size that I remembered. Don't think '1:63' scale exists. Appreciate the help everyone.
                  Last edited by Zeitgeist; 02-28-2010, 06:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6433 users online. 289 members and 6144 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                  X