• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail scams continue in the New Year

I got this toda:

**This is my second email please respond to this private email address**

Dear friend,

The tender board is closing all offices for review of all 2010 soccer world cup projects by early second quarter of 2010. We must finalize before this date.

My name is Comrade Solomon Luthuli as I mentioned in my first mail to you, if you did receive it. I am the chairperson of the Inaugural Tender Board Committee (TBC) on awards of contracts in the Department of public works here in my country RSA (Rep. of South Africa)

Majority of the contract projects awarded during this period in my tenure are either finished or near completion. My challenge still remains the claim to a few kick-backs and gratification that is accrued to me from principal contractors, as par my agreement with the concerned companies. My initial mistake was not introducing a representative to stand in for me as the contract facilitator. More so, I could not do this except I was sure of a reliable person who would not give in to sabotage my name and that of my family. In this regard, I would prefer working with a neutral but trusted person from oversea who would appreciate this gesture.

In brief, I have series of accrued monies to remit abroad , well in excess of $36.7 M but this will be done in bits (small amounts apiece) for easy of transfer. All matured funds are currently in a coded account at the countrys apex banking Institution. We can discuss a suitable split between us , bearing in mind that I have certain paybacks to other interested persons who stand as my political fathers, as my position is a political one. All I require from you is to guarantee safety of transferred funds in your country. On my part, I do guarantee all paper work to proof legitimate source of the funds (not money laundering).

Should this offer be acceptable by you, please revert back to me strictly on this email: [email protected] or [email protected] l, can detail you on the whole process Kindly include me your private telephone if its ok with you at this stage, we can do emails until we have a mutual understanding and agreement.

Till I hear from you.
    Trusting in confidence.

With Regards,
    Dr. Sol Luthuli
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

I got this one:

United Nation Custom West Africa
    Contract Release Office Nigeria
    1123 Bode Thomas Lagos
    Nigeria Tel /Fax 234-8121586048

Attention.

This is to inform you that the United Nation Custom Contract Service
    West Africa Nigeria has hard Enough complain with the bad attitude of
    Nigerians Citizens in the act of scamming the innocents citizens of
    Europe/United State of America.

In view of the large complain be brought to this office some months
    ago and of recent, a meeting was sit between us and the President of
    Nigeria Ahaji Musa Yaradu in regards to this act and urgent action to
    be taking to make sure that all clients are paid and the once scammed
    are reworded for the lost fund that was scam out from the Citizens of
    United State/Europe.

We are happy to stand bold enough to inform you that an urgent meeting
    was called this afternoon by Mr. President and we were given power to
    pay all scam victims $400,000 dollars ( Four Hundred Thousand Dollars
    ) Each for a compensation over the lost fund scam of the victims.
    In view of this, your E-mail was included on the people that have been
    scammed by Nigerians and to be compensated by this payment. PLEASE
    NOTE. This payment can only be paid to the clients that have VISA
    CREDIT CARD with any Bank OR MASTER CREDIT CARD. Not a Debit card
    Please.

You most take note of this,if you do not want to release your credit card details,
    it's not a most that you should do so,All you have to do is to apply for one in other to participate for this compensation offer which only cost you $150 only No additional Payment is require By you to pay For Any Reason. You are also require to send your Mobile Number/home number,your full name, home address, your country and
    your zip code along with your passport id card.

Announcer
    C.E.O Mrs. Jennifer Bob Allan
    Last edited by az4code23; 01-02-2010, 04:03 PM.
    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

What's really pathetic is that there are still some people that will jump at this chance to make some money. It's almost like they deserve what they will get, scammed.
      Originally posted by JasperST
      "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
      It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Greetings

My name is Minister Mutafa El-Et-AL-ETC Creuemeflye. I am in charge is the bank of Nigeria which is about to be closed. We have 400 million in unclaimed funds and everyone on this list was brought to my attention due to the courage and fidelity you posess.
        The sum of $400 million US will be reverted back to the Government it it is not claimed. Each person is guaranteed to receive between 784 thousand and 1.7 million, depending on how quickly we can process your claim.
        Please forward to me you checking account numer date of burth and social security number for processing. I will also need your mothers maiden name, the name of your pet, and street you grew up on for verification.
        There is a small fee of $75.00 for processing the foriegn documents, and notorizing charges.
        You can PM me this information or Post it on the fourum. Please also excuse my spelling and grammor as I am from Nigeria.

You Excellency,

Minister Mutafa

Comment

I love the whole new here is a wire transfer for 50K, we only want 35K so the rest is yours. Hmmm what was that old saying "if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is a scam"
          Entered Academy: 08/2010 Graduated Academy: 12/20/2010 Career Search: 12/20/2010 - Present Never doubt. Never look back. Never question what you have done. Live with conviction and honor.

Comment

They use a lot of official-sounding but meaningless verbiage in all of these. I gues some people fall for that.

Comment

I have had some that come across as an employer looking for employees. Those I see some falling for out of desperation. Just reply back and ask for the company website or delete. No reply back on this one. Yahoo account from the sender too funny.

Here is one such e-mail to me

Send me your company's website.
              Thanks

-----Original Message-----
              Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 12:10 PM
              To: [email protected]
              Subject:

Hello!

Our company is urgently
              looking for staff at this moment for
              several positions. Sometimes I just look through the database of potential employees and make an inquiry. Are you currently searching an additional income? I wonder if you might be interested in it.

In case I have misguided info , please
              provide me with your contact info and the most convenient time for call. Send your curriculum vitae or resume attachments up to 1mb allowed only to my private electronic address : [email protected]

Best regards,

Danek Horak
              A. H. Worldwide Trading Company HR manager [email protected]
              773 920-3314
              9150 S Blackstone Ave
              Chicago, IL 60619-7912

This electronic transmission, including any attachments, is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
              It may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the mailer as soon as possible and delete it from your system.

No virus found in this incoming message.
              Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
              Version: 9.0.709 / Virus Database: 270.14.90/2540 - Release Date: 12/02/09 02:33:00
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Yes, like some legitimate would use a hotmail address, and one with a weird name at that.

Comment

So these are not real?????? Damn I out a bunch of money.
                  Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Re: Transfer of $25,000,000.00)
                    (Twenty Five Million USD)
                    Email: [email protected]

Good Day ,
                    I am Mr. Abdul Azeez, the Senior & Auditor General of a Bank, during the course of our auditing, I discovered a floating fund in an accountopened in the bank in 2000 and since 2003 nobody has operated on this account again.

After going through some old files in the records I discovered that the owner of the account died without a [heir] hence the money is floating and if I do not remit this money out urgently it will be forfeited for nothing. The owner of this account is a foreigner, a miner and an industrialist. He made millions of dollars before he died victoriously .Since DEC 26 2003 website details as follow: <:http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/07/20/kenya.crash/>
                    and no other person knows about this account or any thing concerning it.

My investigation proved to me that the account has no other beneficiary and that until his death he was the manager director of aluminium & steel industries (PTY). SA. We will start the transfer with the total sum involved {twenty Five million dollars [$25,000,000.00 only, into your account, as a safe foreigners bank account abroad, but I don't know any foreigner abroad that's why I have contacted you to bear the legal sole beneficiary of the fund.

I am revealing this to you with believe in God that you will never let me down in this business. Also send your private telephone number and fax number including the full details of the account to be used for the deposit. I need your strong assurance that you will never let me down in this business proposition.

With my influence and the position in the bank, as an official whom is working in our favour we can transfer this money to any foreigner's reliable account which you can provide with assurance that this money will be intact pending my physical arrival in your country for sharing.

The bank official will destroy all documents of transaction immediately you receive this fund leaving and they will be no trace to any place and to build confidence you can wrote immediately to discuss with me the modalities,after I will make this remittance in your presented account and fix my resign date, to fly down to your country at least 7 days ahead of the fund transferred and confirm into the account.

At the conclusion of this business, you will be given 45% of the total amount, 50% will be for me, while 5% will be for expenses might have incurred during the process of transferring. Reply to my private mail, [email protected]

I am waiting for your reply.
                    Best Regards,
                    Mr. Abdul Azeez.

Comment

One of my fav sites

http://www.419eater.com/index.php
                      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

An Old One But Original

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 5:00 AM
                        To: ----- Subject: I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE; SUHA ARAFAT
                        Importance: High

Dear Friend,

This mail may not be surprising to you if you have been following current events in the international media with reference to the Middle East and Palestine in particular.

I am Mrs. SUHA ARAFAT, the wife of YASSER ARAFAT, the Palestinian leader who died recently in Paris. Since his death and even prior to the announcement, I have been thrown into a state of antagonism, confusion, humiliation, frustration and hopelessness by the present leadership of the Palestinian Liberation Organization and the new Prime Minister. I have even been subjected to physical and psychological torture. As a widow that is so traumatized, I have lost confidence with everybody in the country at the moment.

You must have heard over the media reports and the Internet on the discovery of some fund in my husband secret bank account and companies and the allegations of some huge sums of money deposited by my husband in my name of which I have refuses to disclose or give up to the corrupt Palestine Government. In fact the total sum allegedly discovered by the Government so far is in the tune of about $6.5 Billion Dollars. And they are not relenting on their effort to make me poor for life. As you know, the Moslem community has no regards for woman, hence my desire for a foreign assistance.

I have deposited the sum of 20 million dollars with a security firm abroad whose name is withheld for now until we open communication. I shall be grateful if you could receive this fund into your bank account for safe keeping and any Investment opportunity. This arrangement is known to you and my personal Attorney. He might be dealing with you directly for security reasons as the case may be.

In view of the above, if you are willing to assist for our mutual benefits, we will have to negotiate on your Percentage share of the $20,000,000 that will be kept in your position for a while and invested in your name for my trust pending when my Daughter, Zahwa, will come off age and take full responsibility of her Family Estate/inheritance.

Please note that this is a golden opportunity that comes once in life time and more so, if you are hornet, I am going to entrust more funds in your care as this is one of the legacy we keep for our children.

In case you don't accept please do not let me out to the security and international media as I am giving you this information in total trust and confidence I will greatly appreciate if you accept my proposal in good faith. Please expedite action.

Yours sincerely,

Suha Arafat
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
                          I got this one:
                          That one is particularly funny because it appears to be targeting people who have already been scammed once.
                          "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

You'd have to be a real sorry ******* to fall for any of those. No sympathy or empathy for anyone who is that much of a dumb sucker.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8355 users online. 276 members and 8079 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X