Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the idea that all cops love donuts come from?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did the idea that all cops love donuts come from?

I'm tempted to think it's the truth and nothin' but the truth. I was in a fancy cupcake shop the other day when an MPD officer came in and asked if they had donuts. The cashier said no, and he looked a bit sad but decided to get a cupcake.

So where did this rumor/urban myth/stereotype/half-truth come from?

Before Waffle House, donut shops were the only thing open early in the morning. They also serve coffee.
    Geaux Tigers

Comment

you got me dood......most cops I know are in good shape.....and not eating alot of dnuts..... my guess would be that we are up all night.....and in some places its a coffee/donut place that is the only place to eat real late.....so if things slow down...you eat when and where you can....just mo

Comment

It is because few places stay open all night. In many towns out west, places like Daylight Donuts/Wenchels/Dunkin Donuts/ are baking all night and are open for locals like student/ first responders that are up all night. Also, most vending machines have donuts/pastery in them and most are a better nutritional
        choice then tons of candy bars.
        "come on vacation, leave on probation"

Comment

Hmm, that all makes sense.

Comment

www.daylightdonuts.com

There is even a store locator on web site...click on the link....check out those cinn. rolls.
            In Pullman,Wa there used to be a Daylight donut place, I don't know if it's still there... but was great for a college town siting out in the middle of vast wheat acreage... LOL :P
            "come on vacation, leave on probation"

Comment

Originally posted by jvc4088 View Post
              you got me dood......most cops I know are in good shape.....and not eating alot of dnuts..... my guess would be that we are up all night.....and in some places its a coffee/donut place that is the only place to eat real late.....so if things slow down...you eat when and where you can....just mo
              Originally posted by ratpatrol View Post
              It is because few places stay open all night. In many towns out west, places like Daylight Donuts/Wenchels/Dunkin Donuts/ are baking all night and are open for locals like student/ first responders that are up all night. Also, most vending machines have donuts/pastery in them and most are a better nutritional choice then tons of candy bars.
              In reference to our Canadian friend just above, you forgot to mention Tim Hortons.
              www.ldscops.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres PD.
              In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres PD.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17539

Comment

LOL! John Walsh of America's Most Wanted fame himself said that "these cops can't even agree which donut place to go to so HOW could they have all conspired to frame O.J. Simpson??".

Plus Jay Leno once had all these newspaper clippings of pics of cops at donut places. It was hilarious!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5107 users online. 176 members and 4931 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                X