300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Kieth M...

Hey Kieth M I know you have a love for the McRib, so just a heads up...It's coming back, the only thing is it's coming back in your old stomping grounds, maybe some people you're cool w/ can send you some...Call and check your local McDonalds...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/boos...ine-print.html

The McRib is (almost) back! Now, let's read the fine print

November 13, 2009 | 9:39 am

Hey, Southern Californians, if you're in the mood for a patty made from pork, water, salt, sugar (dextrose to be exact) and a few preservatives -- a.k.a. a McRib sandwich from your local Golden Arches outlet -- you're in luck. Or soon will be. This just in:

"Featuring a boneless pork rib patty topped with pickles, onions and tangy BBQ sauce served on a fresh bakery roll, the legendary sandwich, which has not been available to customers in Southern California since 2006, will be offered on the menu for a limited time at participating McDonald’s restaurants. ..."

This was too good to resist. BLAH BLAH BLAH!.. We had to check out the nutritional information. The upshot: 500 calories per sandwhich, 26 grams of fat and 980 milligrams of sodium. To be fair, it's a better bet in some ways than the Premium Crispy Chicken Club Sandwich, with 630 calories, 28 grams of fat, and 1,360 milligrams of salt.

That's not to say healthful food can't be had. It can. So, please, choose wisely. The Southwest Salad With Grilled Chicken seems like a fairly smart choice -- unless you're watching your sodium. And you should be. (More on sodium as it relates to blood pressure, food, labels, etc.) And salads are less likely to be ordered with a honking huge side of fries. A large size has 500 calories of its own. (We will not discuss the McFlurry.) WHATEVER!...

For help in making smart choices when eating fast food, here's some basic advice from helpguide.org.

And for the nitty-gritty on menu options at chain restaurants, fast-food and otherwise (all conveniently compiled in one place), there's CalorieCount.com. It's fascinating stuff. ...

Still, we're left wondering ...

"Legendary sandwich"?

-- Tami Dennis

Photo: Make good choices. They're available.

Credit: Christine Cotter / Los Angeles Times
    sigpic

Thank you, SFG!

McRib watch, on the Front Range, is now in effect. Fellow Coloradans, please report any/all sightings.

And in other culinary news....the town of Parker has a Del Taco under construction. A mere nine, slobbering miles from the Kieth M. home for excitable children.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

No problem KiethM, I got to ty it myself...It looks good but never had it...
      sigpic

Comment

pardon my typing, trying not to get McBBQ sauce on the keyboard........I have an idea let me put this here McRib down and chat with you boys for a second...........
        Ok sorry about that, and man that was freaky, I seriously just got back with one and sat down to see what was going on in here.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

DACP is cold blooded...

-SC
          Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
          - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
          MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
          Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
          Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
          Various Graduate Credits - UoP
          MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
          DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

I bet what Keith really misses is a Animal 4x4 from In-Out Burger.

A interesting side note about In-Out Burger from a radio interview from a woman that wrote a book about the company. In-Out has about 250 locations in 4 states, Each In-Out location makes more money than any individual McDonalds restaurant in the world...
            Retired LASD

Comment

Yum! In-and-Out....delicious.
              "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
              Not Yet Visited: 16
              Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                I bet what Keith really misses is a Animal 4x4 from In-Out Burger.

A interesting side note about In-Out Burger from a radio interview from a woman that wrote a book about the company. In-Out has about 250 locations in 4 states, Each In-Out location makes more money than any individual McDonalds restaurant in the world...
                I wish Colorado could have In-n-Out, Trader Joe's Market, and Yoshinoya (aka; Beef Bowl), then life would be even better, here.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Keith isn't the only one who loves a good McRib

No onions or pickles please

Futurelaw89

Comment

But c'mon...you east coast people are missing out without any Carl's Jr!!!

Comment

Hold the onions, only, for me. If Mickey D's could only learn to grill them onions, I'd let 'em stay on the sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by Futurelaw89 View Post
                        But c'mon...you east coast people are missing out without any Carl's Jr!!!

Many of them have Hardee's. Same food/style of store, different name.

Comment

Don't know if you were ever a fan of Jack-in-the-Box, Kieth, but we finally started to get those in Denver about a year or so ago - which was one of the things I missed from CA (along with a coastline...but I know that ain't coming anytime soon!!)

Comment

Actually, the Del Taco being built in Parker is right next-door to the Jack in the Box they built a year ago. Never was much of a JITB fan.

Comment

ugh carls jr..
                              In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4932 users online. 243 members and 4689 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X