300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie:Taking of Penhalm 123

I just watched this movie today. It was okay but someone please tell me that NYPD is not riding BMW Motorcycles as the movie portrays.
    "Lay there and bleed awhile before you feel some real pain."

"Have a cup of coffee, a pall mall, and relax!"

I don't remember if that was so. But I like the original one much better.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Never saw the original. As an old motor guy the BMW motorcycles were the first thing I picked up on. I didn't know if it was a hollywood blunder or not.

Comment

Before I get a lot of posts here defending the BMW let me clarify. I'm not cutting down the BMW. It's a nice motor but I'm a Harley guy. I rode a Police BMW before. Its fast and handles well at top speeds but the bags and foot pegs are not very officer friendly.

Comment

Sorry, I don't remember.

My memory is failing me already.

I'm a Harley girl,too. Even though I've only rode on one once.
          Last edited by BaseballBabe; 11-06-2009, 05:48 PM.
          "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
          Not Yet Visited: 16
          Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I'm sure a ton of people don't even know it is a remake. I haven't seen the new one, but I think Tavolta is good at playing bad guys.

Comment

NO NYPD does not ride BMW's, they still ride he Harley's. That was just one of the many blunders the movie made regarding NYPD, but i enjoyed it anyway.

Comment

Another blunder was when the ESU LT was giving Denzel the back up gun... it was a walther PPK... then when he pulled it out and for rest of the movie it was a Kahr (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
                  NO NYPD does not ride BMW's, they still ride he Harley's. That was just one of the many blunders the movie made regarding NYPD, but i enjoyed it anyway.
                  29 thanks that the answer I was looking for. I watched that and I said "NO way is NYPD riding BMWs."

Comment

I will never watch this because I can't stand John Travolta, in fact he's going on the list right now!

Comment

+1 on the original. The remake was good but it completely lost the local color of the original.

Comment

FIrst thing I thought when I saw the motors :"Someone didint do their homework." That being said the money run scene was very cool, though having been in an on duty mva with the motor, I had a nasty flashback when the motorcop flipped over the car.

The original was better, but the reamke was better than I thought it would be.
                        "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
                        but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

I have not seen it yet, it is on my Netflix list. If the bikes were involved in any type of typical Hollywood chase scene, then they may have decided to use BMW's as the HD's do not handle all that well at speed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3053 users online. 151 members and 2902 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X