Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Yankees win the World Series!...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Yankees win the World Series!...

Congrats to the New York Yankees and Yankees fans!...
    sigpic

I could see it now. Ticker tape parade this Friday,visit to the White House in a few weeks, and an increase in ticket prices next year. Gosh...
    We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Didn't take long for that to get posted.
      "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

I don't think ticket prices can get any higher...LOL
        sigpic

Comment

Their first win in the new stadium too.
          "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
          Not Yet Visited: 16
          Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I HATE THE YANKERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StainlessSteve View Post
              I HATE THE YANKERS!!!
              +1

if they didnt win something would b messed up since they spent like half a billion dollars on players before the season started

Comment

Originally posted by StainlessSteve View Post
                I HATE THE YANKERS!!!
                YEA !!!

Originally posted by gixxerjoe04 View Post
                +1

if they didn't win something would b messed up since they spent like half a billion dollars on players before the season started
                Yea!!! Bastard flea bitten, red coats... We should done a better job..... And fer you "revisionists" it wasn't over slavery, but cotton taxs...

Tha' professor
                Originally posted by mookster
                Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                Originally posted by CityCopDC
                I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                  Congrats to the New York Yankees and Yankees fans!...
                  Ya ain't stab'in tha' old man in tha' back, is ya????? SFG????

Don't make ma' chase ya' down and plug ya, good buddy...

I will's if I got's Ta....

Getty Trigger, Chit, chit!!!
                  Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                  I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                  -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by gixxerjoe04 View Post
                    +1

if they didnt win something would b messed up since they spent like half a billion dollars on players before the season started
                    The Yankees brought up players as well as got players that made a difference in their season. From a business perspective they spent the money they had. The CEO's of the major companies pocket the cash and go on their way. The Yankees payed 26.9 million in luxury taxes, that is unheard of. Well, if their salary wasn't so high and they didn't pocket the money it wouldn't be that way. They did what any other franchise would have done if they had the financial capabilities of the Yankees. So keep whining, if it was your team you'd shush. You pay the money to put a winning product on the field, easy marketing strategy.

I don't care how much money you put into a team it will still bust if it has no team chemistry. The Yankees had a huge payroll since 2001 and still did not win. The core 4 led them to the playoffs as well as home grown players. I don't care how much you are paid, you still need to go out on the field and PERFORM. They did that over the 162 game grind and that is why they are WORLD CHAMPIONS.

/ rant.

Comment

^^^^^^^ Yea!!!!! I concure Whaterver tha' hell ya' said....
                      -Frank

Comment

The Yankees brought up players as well as got players that made a difference in their season. From a business perspective they spent the money they had. The CEO's of the major companies pocket the cash and go on their way. The Yankees payed 26.9 million in luxury taxes, that is unheard of. Well, if their salary wasn't so high and they didn't pocket the money it wouldn't be that way. They did what any other franchise would have done if they had the financial capabilities of the Yankees. So keep whining, if it was your team you'd shush. You pay the money to put a winning product on the field, easy marketing strategy.

I don't care how much money you put into a team it will still bust if it has no team chemistry. The Yankees had a huge payroll since 2001 and still did not win. The core 4 led them to the playoffs as well as home grown players. I don't care how much you are paid, you still need to go out on the field and PERFORM. They did that over the 162 game grind and that is why they are WORLD CHAMPIONS
                        +10000000

Didn't hear this complaint for 9 years.

Yankees help so many smaller market teams with what they pay in Luxury Tax" Also the Yanks are good for Baseball- Look at the ratings for all of the Play Offs and WS. There were 3 types watching
                        Yankee Fan
                        Philly Fan
                        Yankee Hater just watching to watch them lose.

Remember the money spent on Pavano, Brown?

All is right in the Universe for me.
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Just thank your lucky stars you guys weren't playing the Marlins...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                            +10000000

Didn't hear this complaint for 9 years.

Yankees help so many smaller market teams with what they pay in Luxury Tax" Also the Yanks are good for Baseball- Look at the ratings for all of the Play Offs and WS. There were 3 types watching
                            Yankee Fan
                            Philly Fan
                            Yankee Hater just watching to watch them lose.

Remember the money spent on Pavano, Brown?

All is right in the Universe for me.
                            Alllllright-a ya found me!

Comment

Alllllright-a ya found me!
                              LMAO I knew it, yet we agree on everything else in this forum lol
                              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4926 users online. 296 members and 4630 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X