300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best gun to carry concealed when off dut

I'm just looking for what the general thought out there is or what others carry

I would carry a smaller version of your duty gun. An example is on duty I carry a G22. Off duty I would ideally carry a G23 or G27. It keeps you shooting a weapon that has the same telemetry as the your duty gun so your reflex won't have to adjust if the SHTF.

I'm between guns now (sold some) so if comfort is an issue I'll carry my Keltec P11. Usually I'll just carry my duty pistol.

What ever one you carry you need to train with it just like your duty gun. At a minimum you want a gun that operates on the same type platform. You don't want to carry a Glock on duty and a 1911 off duty as an example. They are completely different firing/safety systems and at some point your trained reflex will kick in.
    Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Here's something you can keep in your boot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BYnG...eature=related

Comment

Leesrt that is kinda of how I was leaning towards. I carry a duty G22 and thought I might should stay with a smaller gun yet a .40 so everything is the same.

Comment

Thats a broad question....lol.

Carry what you're comfortable with, and something you dont have to 'relearn' to use and that's second nature.
          'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Asking what type of gun is best, is like asking what kind of car to get, there is good and bad with everything. Might want to drop on down to the firearms section, and look around, there are many good posts that cover just about everything from caliber, to holsters to ammo, just about anything you would want to know about firearms.
            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

The best gun to carry off duty is the one that you are comfortable using. Make it one that you are familar with and can use quickly in a high stress situation.
              Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by tmyatt23 View Post
                Leesrt that is kinda of how I was leaning towards. I carry a duty G22 and thought I might should stay with a smaller gun yet a .40 so everything is the same.

If thats the case try the G23. It, along with the G30, are my favorite mid size Glocks. The shoot very balanced and you can use your duty mags in a pinch.
                Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

I have a Glock 21SF at work and a Glock 36 for off duty. I like them both..
                  summer - winter - work

Comment

Very thin, light and accurate..

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CBEQ9QEwAw

Comment

I carry a .38 with a bright pink handle. The last thing I want to go through their head is "Is that a bright pink han........"

Comment

Originally posted by Multi Tasker View Post
                        I carry a .38 with a bright pink handle. The last thing I want to go through their head is "Is that a bright pink han........"

HAHAHAHA!! you mean the second to the last thing

Comment

I like the NAA guardian .380, small and reliable.

Comment

Duty carry- G22

Cold weather Carry- G23

Summer time- Keltec .380

Comment

Something you can conceal, something that is approved by your department (if they have requirements), something similar to your duty weapon, and something you can shoot accurately.

After you find that pistol, practice, practice, practice, practice and practice somemore...
                              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6379 users online. 357 members and 6022 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X