300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StainlessSteve View Post
    That's exactally how I use to do mine too and what's funny is that when I'd have hunting buddies over for elk they'd comment like "why doesn't my elk taste like this" .................errr
    It's the gas can fumes from my snowblower that really make the meat.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
      Old Besty is a Remington 700 BDL 30-06. The boy also used a BDL but chambered for a 243 - his first deer rifle. It'll kill an elk with a good shot, but he wants to add a 7mm mag to his arsonal for the big stuff.

Me? My aught six kills everything I want to eat.
      Well I guess I'll have to split this with Sully, he said 243 and I said .06........damn, I wanted it all!

It's the gas can fumes from my snowblower that really make the meat.
      Well..............yeah!, I use to burn old plastic milk jugs under my elk, adds that "something special"

Comment

Well I guess I'll have to split this with Sully, he said 243 and I said .06........damn, I wanted it all!

Well..............yeah!, I use to burn old plastic milk jugs under my elk, adds that "something special"
        Yup and I gotta split it beween Ya's and 1042......... I like yha' plastic too, with a li'l high octane in thar', makes fer good smok'in...

Errrrrr Ummm Troop 1042..... Ya's got ta' have a shot of liberal city slicker blood in ya's ta' use a 50 50 ratio..Just say'in....
        Originally posted by mookster
        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
        Originally posted by CityCopDC
        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

• Originally posted by asullivan View Post

Errrrrr Ummm Troop 1042..... Ya's got ta' have a shot of liberal city slicker blood in ya's ta' use a 50 50 ratio..Just say'in....
          Naw - it's more about the mixin in of some beef fat with the chuck - makes it cook up just perfect cuz elk is virtually zero fat - it needs some.

I do freeze some straight elk burger for some cooking however.
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
            Naw - it's more about the mixin in of some beef fat with the chuck - makes it cook up just perfect cuz elk is virtually zero fat - it needs some.

I do freeze some straight elk burger for some cooking however.
            Oh no,...I understand... just a' pull'in ya bit, Sire....Well A few weeks ago ya' said you and your boy was gonna whack two cows.... and I'll be damned...

I really miss elk hunt'in.. was always ma' favorite... Just Loved ta' hear tha' old bull a' bugling....... Truly Gods Song...Yup, brings tha' old man ta' tears, it does....I never was a trophy hunter Officer.... Just like ya,Whack a big Ole' juicy cow.... I prefered a 3 year old dry cow if possible....Yummy, Yum...

I doubt I wasted 2 pounds of tha' beast...... Boy. Tha' bones made great soup stock...and tha 2 back ivory molars....Gots lots of em...

In closing, I do believe all tha' elk here in tha' Grand canyon state are Colorado strain... Particularly tha' real big uns in tha' Kiabab area in northern Az...

They got wiped out I believe, like tha' mexican thick billed parrot... WE tried and worked hard ta' reintroduce em....But alas....Did not work..., Thar' a Flock'in bird... which lead ta' some trouble....fer tha' program...
            Last edited by asullivan; 11-03-2009, 12:25 AM.
            Originally posted by mookster
            Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
            Originally posted by CityCopDC
            I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
            Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
            I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
            -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

• What happened to my thread????????
              "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
              -George Orwell

Comment

• You've heard of something being "sullied"?
                --
                Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

• I murdered a nice non-typical 6 point whitetail at 0725 hours this morning.
                  Thanks for the help !
                  I try to find a Monkey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yogi298 View Post
                    I murdered a nice non-typical 6 point whitetail at 0725 hours this morning.
                    That's awesome Yogi, you going to put up some pics? Congratulations...

Comment

• I need photoshop or something right? If i can figure it out i will. about 150 lbs field dressed.
                      Thanks for the help !
                      I try to find a Monkey.

Comment

I need photoshop or something right? If i can figure it out i will. about 150 lbs field dressed.
                        Nah, you don't need photoshop. That's just for image editing and stuff. Did you take the pic with a digital camera?

Comment

I need photoshop or something right? If i can figure it out i will. about 150 lbs field dressed.
                          Actually just plug in your camera, digital right? And your computer will prompt you to select a program and save them to "my photos"
                          Then go to something like Photobucket.com get an account, it's free, and upload your pictures. At the bottom of each photo you'll see the (I think) "share" copy and paste the URL with [img]your picture URL here[/img] on each end of the tag and paste it to your reply here and you should see it.
                          To check if you did it right click "preview post" and if their there you'll see them before you hit "submit reply" that way you won't have to do a dip-a** edit

If you need help PM me and I'll get you thru it...

Comment

Actually just plug in your camera, digital right? And your computer will prompt you to select a program and save them to "my photos"
                            Then go to something like Photobucket.com get an account, it's free, and upload your pictures. At the bottom of each photo you'll see the (I think) "share" copy and paste the URL with [img]your picture URL here[/img] on each end of the tag and paste it to your reply here and you should see it.
                            To check if you did it right click "preview post" and if their there you'll see them before you hit "submit reply" that way you won't have to do a dip-a** edit

If you need help PM me and I'll get you thru it...
                            haha yup. Pretty much what he said. I'm just too lazy to type it

Comment

• Originally posted by ArkLawman View Post
                              What happened to my thread????????
                              Arklaw, what is the waterfowl report in your area? I have been considering going to Stuttgart for timber hunting. I have seen many shows on timber hunting and I need to try it!

Comment

• Originally posted by YELLOWLAB View Post
                                Arklaw, what is the waterfowl report in your area? I have been considering going to Stuttgart for timber hunting. I have seen many shows on timber hunting and I need to try it!
                                I hate to seem like a moron but....what's "timber hunting"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1900 users online. 123 members and 1777 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X