X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Subtle Hint From The Governator of CA

Too good not to share.................

Veto message seems to spell out guv's feelings
    The San Francisco Bay Guardian picked up on what could be interpreted as a not-so-hidden message in Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's veto of AB 1176.
    Read the first letter of each line to see one way to read the message the governor sent to the bill's author, Democratic Assemblyman Tom Ammiano.
    To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am returning Assembly Bill 1176 without my signature.

For some time now I have lamented the fact that major issues are overlooked while many
    unnecessary bills come to me for consideration. Water reform, prison reform, and health
    care are major issues my Administration has brought to the table, but the Legislature just
    kicks the can down the alley.

Yet another legislative year has come and gone without the major reforms Californians
    overwhelmingly deserve. In light of this, and after careful consideration, I believe it is
    unnecessary to sign this measure at this time.

Sincerely,
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

A coincidence of composition or a not-so-subtle diss to the Democrat who reportedly greeted the governor's surprise stop at a Democratic fundraiser with "You lie!" and "Kiss my gay ***" just days before the bill got axed?
    "My goodness, what a strange coincidence," Schwarzenegger spokesman Aaron McLear said. "I suppose when you do so many vetoes, something like this is bound to happen."

McLear also pointed out that the margin-hugging text of other vetoed measures spell words such as "poet," "a bow" and "soap."
    Kevin Yamamura contributed to this report.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Now that's funny
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

HAHA wow good find.
      "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Comment

California rocks!...
        sigpic

Comment

Our Gov will kick you Gov's A**!!!

Comment

Sweet!! Well done Arnold!
            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
            Not Yet Visited: 16
            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Priceless......

-SC
              Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
              - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
              MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
              Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
              Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
              Various Graduate Credits - UoP
              MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
              DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

I'm going to remember that when I have to write a rebuttal to my next letter of reprimand.
                ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2930 users online. 167 members and 2763 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X