Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Had 15 Abortions Over 17 Years

From: http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/nati...091014_4040373

A woman who is a self-described "abortion addict" has written a book in which she details having 15 terminations over 17 years.

In her book called " Impossible Motherhood: Testimony of an Abortion Addict ," Irene Vilar, 40, said she got pregnant and had the abortions as a way of rebelling against her "controlling" husband who didn't want children, according to the Daily Mail.

From the age of 16 until 33, Vilar ended the pregnancies and also attempted suicide several times. She claims that her husband, a 50-year-old Latin American literature professor, told her that having children killed sexual desire. So she stopped taking her birth control pills as a way of defying him.

"But slowly, my days took on a balancing act and there was a specific high. I would get my period and be sad, then discover I was pregnant, being afraid, yet also so excited," Vilar said.

She said she carried out the abortions so that her husband wouldn't end their marriage, but isn't clear about whether he knew of them or not. "Of course, this did not mean I wanted to do it again and again ... A druggie also wants to stop every time," she added.

Vilar eventually left her husband after 11 years and remarried in 2003. She now lives in Denver and has two children and two stepchildren.

"Women have written memoirs about their anorexia or their bulimia, and they explain the best that they can what motivated their addiction or their behavior. I try to do the same in this book," she said.

Pro-life supporter Charmaine Yost of Americans United for Life told the Los Angeles Times that Vilar's story is "tragic." "It really underscores everything we always say in the pro-life movement -- that abortion is part of a very sad story for women," she said.

Vilar herself told ABC News that she was afraid of becoming an unintended symbol for the pro-life movement. "I just imagine the 'baby killer' and I could be a poster child for that kind of fundamentalism," she said.

Feminist author Robin Morgan said that many pro-choice supporters are feeling uncomfortable with what Vilar did, with some saying Vilar has abused women's right to choose. But Vilar said that access of legal abortions saved her life since one way or another, she would have ended all of the pregnancies.

The Guttmacher Institute reports that nearly half of pregnancies among American women are unintended, and 40 percent of them are terminated by abortion.

I can understand having an accident, once or twice in your life... but this woman seams to be using abortion as a replacement for birth control. Shocking is a nice word for this article.
    Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
    MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
    Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
    Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
    Various Graduate Credits - UoP
    MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
    DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

All I can say is it is probably better that she didn't have the kids.

Comment

I am curious if it was the same Man, or Random Men.

The above is just beyond comprehension to me. To think of all the couples that have tried so hard to have children, and are unable to. This makes me sick.

If this is from Random encounters, then the abortions I would assume, are the least of her problems! She is playing a serious game of STD Roulette.
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Sickening.......
          'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Some serious mental issues there.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
              Some serious mental issues there.
              ya think?
              sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

She should be charged for 15 murders and sent to prison for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahawks398 View Post
                  She should be charged for 15 murders and sent to prison for life.
                  No..........but this does bother me.

Comment

It bothers me that a person can abort 15 humans. I guess it doesn't bother you. Wierd how that works.

Comment

I'd Hit it LOL

I'm joking, just trying to defuse this bomb brewing.
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
                        No..........but this does bother me.
                        I concur...
                        Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Comment

Yes, she's mentally disturbed.

JC, it says her husband, so I doubt the issue here is numerous men or STDs...I would venture it goes way deeper than that.

Unfortunately, in trying to explain her mental illness, she will probably become the poster child for anti-abortionist....even when common sense dictates she's the exception, not the rule.

HEDP, she does have children. Two of them.
                          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by deputync View Post
                            I concur...

+2
                            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

A fair minded story would have focused on her mental illness instead of twisting it to tarnish people who oppose abortions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5939 users online. 333 members and 5606 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X