Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...have you ever seen strobe lightening?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...have you ever seen strobe lightening?

Because I have now. I woke up at 4:30am when my power went off, to the most ridiculous lightening show I've ever seen. I'm talking about 2 or 3 flashes every second! It was like a cop was outside my windows with the lights going.

And the funny thing was the thunder. It only sang out about every 3 or 4 minutes, but when it did, it was one of those long, low rumbling ones that shook the apartment and went on for a full minute.

I thought I was going to die at first. It went on for almost 20 minutes too.

I do have to say that if this is the storm that brought the cold front that will FINALLY break summer's hold on Florida....it sure was epic! Summer fought back hard!

Just wanted to share. Anyone else had something like this?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Man, I wish we got stuff like that here. We get rain 3 days a year with no lightning or thunder. I miss a good thunder storm.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Not quite as bad but we're getting hit here currently on the gulf coast. It hasn't rained in while so the change is nice. Its been in the mid 90's still and I'm ready for a little cooler weather. I cant wait to open my windows and get a breeze blowing through.

Comment

I hear you.

I'm going to Panama City Beach for the weekend. It's gonna be awesome to have this cooler weekend!
        "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

I don't know if it was what you explained as "strobe lightning" or not but you couldn't count to five on your fingers between strikes. I was about 10 or 11 or so in Idaho when this happened and there were actually ground strikes all around my Grandpa's farm house, close ones. Scared...hell yes, just like you CP, I thought I was going to die!

Anyone find the "lightning" documentary on the Discovery Channel as fascinating as I did
          Last edited by StainlessSteve; 10-16-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

All Night last night and into this am,I personally love weather extremes.whether it be thick fog,stobe lightning,hurricanes etc:I was born to be an old man weather watcher,have been practicing since I was about 10
            Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Lightning never strikes with just a single discharge.

Check out HowStuffWorks for more about how it works.
              Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

It sounds like heat lightning. Most of it is cloud to cloud and usually occurs when to high level fronts come togethor.
                Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Labor Day Derechos of '98 ... I remember waking up with that storm, and the lightning was coming so fast that it seemed like there were no dark moments in between strikes. (We were, incidentally, amongst those who were without power for an entire week after the event.)

I thought we were going to die during those 15 minutes (I remember screaming to my husband "we've got to go down cellar!" ... you can tell I grew up in tornado country instead of upstate NY). The temperature dropped about 25 degrees after the storm.
                  Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4848 users online. 260 members and 4588 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X