300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Spangled Banner - Best Ever

Ok, someone sent me this link this morning and I was amazed. These girls, who range from age 8 to 13 performed this for a college basketball game. The place was completely silent. In my opinion, the best version of the song, ever....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgJnsX1GYvg
    Last edited by jthorpe; 10-09-2009, 11:52 AM.

HOLY S**T! That was beautiful! Actually made me tear up some...
    Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Comment

NICE! I got something in my eye while they were singing that.....
      "Rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior but for evil behavior. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same." ~~ God

Comment

Ya know, hearing this reminded me of a little incident in Denver last year where this woman decided without telling anyone to replace that song with her own version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTpQpRHYKpw

It's stunts like this that fuel racism in this country and IMO, her stunt was extremely disrespectful.

Which one would you rather hear?

Comment

WOW!!! I am impressed, that was beautiful! As to the other 'thing' doesn't do it for me but I can't figure out why you would take this thread and these girls down that road ?
          Last edited by StainlessSteve; 10-09-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

How beautiful! Brought a tear to my eye.
            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

M-11
              “All men dream...... But not equally..
              Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
              but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
              for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

They were fantastic,I WILL NOT take that away,but when you think about it,that song was meant to be sung by young voices,they can actually still hit the noteswithout hurting themselves.
                Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

That was awesome! We have such a beautiful anthem.

Still remember Whitney Houston's rendition of the Star Spangled Banner during the Superbowl, man what chills that gave me. Actually whenever I hear the anthem sung really well I get crazy chills.

Comment

Wow. Thats all I have to say....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5037 users online. 289 members and 4748 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X