300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1N1 Overhyped

Folks, This is so overhyped by the government it is sickening shall we read what the worlds expert on flu vaccine says?

Evidence to date suggests that the “H1N1 flu is not a major threat,” and there is little evidence that flu vaccines are effective in preventing the flu, so says Tom Jefferson, MD, arguably the world’s leading expert on influenza vaccines.

Dr. Jefferson has authored 10 reviews of research on the influenza vaccine for the Cochrane Collaboration, which is a widely recognized leading international science institution that evaluates clinical research.

Jefferson notes that Australia has just completed its wintertime, and only 131 deaths related to the flu occurred this year. Because Australia’s population is 22 million people, this death rate is not significant. One does not need to predict the future when the future has already happened somewhere else.

Jefferson’s previous detailed analyses of flu vaccines show very little efficacy in providing real health benefits. Jefferson’s team asserted strongly, “There is not enough evidence to decide whether routine vaccination to prevent influenza in healthy adults is effective.”[1] Jefferson’s research confirmed that flu vaccination did reduce slightly the number of adults experiencing confirmed influenza, but there were increased numbers of adults experiencing “influenza-like illness” (its symptoms are similar to the flu, though are presumably causes by other viruses, not the flu viruses). The bottom line is that the number of adults needing to go to the hospital or take time off work did not change between those adults giving the flu vaccine and those who did not.

Although the media commonly promotes the flu vaccine for children, Jefferson and his research group summarized their investigation on this subject by asserting, “National policies for the vaccination of healthy young children are based on very little evidence.”[2] They expressed strongest concern about the lack of efficacy and safety of flu vaccination of infants two years of age and under. They did note that the flu vaccine is effective in reducing the flu in children over two years of age, but they found little evidence that the flu vaccine was even effective in reducing school absences. Further, they found “no convincing evidence that vaccines can reduce mortality, hospital admissions, serious complications and community transmission of influenza.”

The strongest evidence of benefit to the flu vaccine is in the elderly.[3] However, the researchers found that the benefits to the elderly were “modest.” In fact, the number of flu-related deaths in elderly Americans has actually increased steadily during the past 33-year-period despite the fact that there has been a large increase in flu vaccinations for this population. Only 20% of all elderly Americans had a flu shot in 1980, compared with 65% in 2001.

Jefferson expresses some considerable surprise at how few studies have been conducted on the elderly, especially recently. He notes, “Only five randomly controlled trials have been carried out in elderly people, of which only one was carried out in the past 2 decades using vaccines available today.”[4]

Dr. Jefferson’s team noted that the benefits of the flu vaccine for the elderly are “consistently below those usually quoted for (national policy) decision or economic model making.”

What about the H1N1 Vaccination?

Jefferson had some particularly harsh words about the safety and efficacy of this vaccination. The FDA recently announced the approval of four (!) H1N1 vaccines. And Dr. Jefferson has expressed serious alarm about the “evidence” for the safety and efficacy of these vaccines:

1) The study was tiny, only 240 adults. The authors made reassuring statements about Guillain–Barré syndrome (GBS), which is ridiculous because GBS occurs in one out of 750,000 to 1 million vaccinations, and this study only had 240 participants;

2) One-third of these volunteers had side effects that resembled influenza-like illness (fevers, headaches, sore throats, etc.), so they were vaccinating to prevent symptoms that they were causing;

3) There was no placebo arm in the study, yet there’s no ethical excuse for not having a placebo arm because these are experimental vaccines; and

4) The description of what additive substances were in the vaccine was unclear. We know that there is thimerosal [mercury] in this H1N1 vaccine, but its manufacturer did not say whether there are additional substances like aluminum, which can be found in many other vaccines. We just don’t know. And they are advising this vaccine for pregnant women and children over six months of age!

Is There Really a Pandemic?

Something “fishy” seems to be going on at the World Health Organization (WHO). WHO has declared a “flu pandemic,” in part because they changed their definition of the word “pandemic” in May, 2009.

The earlier version defined pandemic as: “An influenza pandemic occurs when a new influenza virus appears against which the human population has no immunity, resulting in epidemics worldwide with enormous numbers of deaths and illness [emphasis in the original document].” The NEW definition of pandemic was changed to: “A disease epidemic occurs when there are more cases of that disease than normal. A pandemic is a worldwide epidemic of a disease. An influenza pandemic may occur when a new influenza virus appears against which the human population has no immunity.”

Because flu viruses change on a regular basis, the WHO will declare a new “pandemic” when simply one more death than the “normal” is observed. Big Pharma “warn” people about the yearly possible pandemic, pumping more fear into the hearts and minds of the susceptible and gullible public.

When Jefferson was asked about the “flu pandemic,” he responded directly: “this pandemic really is a commercial operation.”

In light of some recent efforts to make the H1N1 vaccination “mandatory,” it seems that Big Pharma’s commercial operations have become so successful that they have successfully lobbied politicians to require health and medical workers to get the H1N1 vaccine. Big Pharma’s efforts have been so successful that they have almost successfully fooled other scientists to think that it is “unethical” to conduct a placebo-controlled trial due to the (incorrect) assumption that flu vaccines are effective.

Even Big Media whose coffers are filled with Big Pharma’s advertising are not immune to this influence. Isn’t it a bit strange that the research of Tom Jefferson and his team have been virtually ignored by Big Media, despite the fact that their research has been published in the BMJ (British Medical Journal), the Lancet, the Cochrane Database, and other high-impact scientific journals. One would hope that the media and government would follow the Research not the money as the state of NY is doing. Do not allow your state to mandate vaccines and trample your rights like the good people of NY are letting happen. This is about MONEY for the vaccine maker not making you safe. By the way did you know the vaccine makers are immune from lawsuits please roll up your sleeve now do you really trust the pharmaceutical companies. Fda approved means nothing so was Vioxx now how many people dropped dead from that medicine plenty The FDA is in big pharm's pocket.

I seriously question whether the public health risk in Australia from H1N1 is representative of the public health risk in the U.S.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

i hate how if anyone feels sick at all they automatically think they have swine flu

Comment

If the swine flu breaks out in your neck of the woods you might get sick, just like with any other flu. The up side is you have about the same chances of dieing from the swine flu as you do the other strains of normal flu. After reading that stat I quickly dismissed any thought of getting the vaccine.
        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

i've been saying it for months now. the "pandemic" is pure grade b.s. more people die each year from the regular flu. i've already been exposed to it THREE times now and i never caught it. my immune system is that awesome. i don't bother with getting yearly flu shots, or any of that garbage. when i get sick, i let whatever is ailing me, kick my *** for a few days, and then it's all over like i was never sick in the first place.

Comment

Hear, hear!
            Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Comment

just wash your damn hands and sneeze on your sleeve.

Oh wait, a lot of people dont do that to begin with.

And that is why I have hand sanitizer.

Comment

Originally posted by Syncrosonix View Post
                i've been saying it for months now. the "pandemic" is pure grade b.s. more people die each year from the regular flu. i've already been exposed to it THREE times now and i never caught it. my immune system is that awesome. i don't bother with getting yearly flu shots, or any of that garbage. when i get sick, i let whatever is ailing me, kick my *** for a few days, and then it's all over like i was never sick in the first place.

My immune system is so awesome, I never even caught the chicken pox. AND I was a carrier of the virus. My sisters got them twice. MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by ChgoPaintball View Post
                  My immune system is so awesome, I never even caught the chicken pox. AND I was a carrier of the virus. My sisters got them twice. MUAHAHAHAHAHA
                  i've been exposed to it plenty of times when i was between the ages of 5 - 9 years of age. dunno if i ever carried the virus for it, though. besides, do you ever notice that those going bonkers with the flu shots are generally the ones who get sick the most and for the longest periods of time?

Comment

The CDC also has expertise in H1N1 flu issues

CDC: 76 children dead of swine flu as cases rise

By MIKE STOBBE, AP Medical Writer Mike Stobbe, Ap Medical Writer – 2 hrs 19 mins ago

ATLANTA – Health officials said Friday that 76 U.S. children have died of swine flu, including 19 new reports in the past week — more evidence the new virus is unusually dangerous for the young.

The regular flu kills between 46 and 88 children a year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That suggests deaths from the new H1N1 virus could dramatically outpace children's deaths from seasonal flu, if swine flu continues to spread as it has.

CDC officials say 10 more states, a total of 37, now have widespread swine flu. A week ago, reports suggested that cases might be leveling off and even falling in some areas of the country, but that did not turn out to be an enduring national trend.

"We are seeing more illness, more hospitalizations, and more deaths," the CDC's Dr. Anne Schuchat said at a press conference Friday.

The new virus, first identified in April, is a global epidemic. The CDC doesn't have an exact count of all swine flu deaths and hospitalizations, but existing reports suggest more than 600 have died and more than 9,000 have been hospitalized. Health officials believe millions of Americans have caught the virus.

The virus is hitting young people harder. Experts believe older people are suffering from it less, perhaps because they have a bit of immunity from exposure over the years to somewhat similar viruses.

Most healthy children recover and often suffer only mild symptoms. But some have died from it, often from a second infection that moves in while the body is weakened from the flu.

Kids with asthma or chronic heart or respiratory conditions also are at greater risk for serious complications.

Experts say it's important for parents to watch their children's symptoms carefully. If a child appears to get better, but fever and a cough return, there may be a second infection. Other trouble signs are rapid or difficult breathing or bluish skin color.

Vaccinations against swine flu began this week and so far, states have ordered 3.7 million doses. Demand is exceeding supply, and people seeking the vaccination should ask their state or local health department where to go, said Schuchat, who heads the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

Health officials also said more data is trickling in from several clinical trials of the new vaccine, and so far no serious side effects have been reported.

Preliminary results from one study indicate that both a seasonal flu shot and a swine flu shot are effective when given during the same doctor's office visit. However, the government is not recommending that people get the nasal spray versions of the seasonal and swine flu vaccines at the same time.

The nasal sprays contain weakened, live virus, and the government doesn't have data on how a person's immune system would react to exposure to both at once, said Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

Comment

Hell, ya guys think ya's tough....

Ma' immune system is so awsome, I can eat $h it and $h it gold.... Really..
                      Originally posted by mookster
                      Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                      Originally posted by CityCopDC
                      I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                      Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                      I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                      -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                        The new virus, first identified in April, is a global epidemic. The CDC doesn't have an exact count of all swine flu deaths and hospitalizations, but existing reports suggest more than 600 have died and more than 9,000 have been hospitalized. Health officials believe millions of Americans have caught the virus.

The virus is hitting young people harder. Experts believe older people are suffering from it less, perhaps because they have a bit of immunity from exposure over the years to somewhat similar viruses.
                        I have to call BS on some of that. It's been a global epidemic since April and we are almost half way through October. Suggesting 600 deaths isn't a lot considering, in the first place and secondly, suggesting numbers isn't very scientific.

The H1N1 is so different on one hand but so similar that many may have a resistance to it already?

Plus the idiot AP writer should take a clue and quit calling it the swine flu, since it's confused so many people.

I don't know how serious it is but writing a sensational op ed piece doesn't add credibility.

Comment

Even without the above information I wasnt gonna get the shot, now nobody in my family is getting the shot. My immune system is great, It's very rare that I even get the common cold but my immune system is not as awesome as asullivan's.
                          Thanks for the help !
                          I try to find a Monkey.

Comment

The only winters when I got the flu were winters in which I did not get vaccinated against the flu. I have never had more than short-term discomfort from getting a flu shot.

The choice is for you to make, but if you or family members do get the flu, they should stay home rather than expose others to the virus.

Comment

Kinda reminds me about those people who get the shot. My mom does and gets the flu every year without fail. I'll keep my $30 bucks and save it instead of someone pumping me full of dead viruses.
                              "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
                              I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3908 users online. 256 members and 3652 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X