300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swine Flu vaccine safe?

So what do you think? Do you feel the vaccine is safe? To include, are you and your family going to get vaccinated?
    Yes
    37.84%
    No
    62.16%

The poll is expired.

Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Of course it is safe...

Here is my arm...stick me!!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Me and the wife can get it for free through work, normally I do not get a flu shot, this year I am going to what the heck it is free.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I don't really know...I've had a few friends who got sick AFTER taking the shot...

I'm not really a vaccine person anyway. I've never even had the flu, and I'm not worried about picking up some pig flu from someone.
        "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Until yesterday, I was unsure as to the safety of the H1N1 vaccine. I spoke with our County Public Health Director yesterday. She explained that the H1N1 vaccine is made in the same way that the seasonal flu vaccine is made...therefore, there should be no different adverse reactions than one gets from the seasonal flu vaccine.

I was not going to get it, now I probably will.
          No, you've got the wrong number. This is 9-1....2.
          - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum

Comment

I don't know but prefer to err on the side of caution. Those vaccines stay in your system, I would be worried about the accumulated effects or some variable they haven't counted on. Wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

I think, medically, it's safe but my thought is this.....why would I want to inject monkey or pig virus into my arm??? I'll take my chances....besides, its the only way I can get a day off of work......

Comment

The seasonal flu shot and H1N1 shots are two different vaccines, so you will need to get both.

They've only just released H1N1, so anyone who got a shot before now got the seasonal flu shot. The first release is limited to high risk groups.

It was developed the same way the seasonal flu shot, so it is safe.

I've been getting a flu shot since the early 90's after being knocked on my butt by a very nasty flu left me bedridden for a week and hit again 6 weeks later.

Once I became a mother, I saw it as maternal duty to avoid getting sick. I also see it as a duty as a first responder to protect my health.
                Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

As long as it's an inactive vaccine, it should be fine, but I'm still not getting it. I've never gotten the flu, never gotten a flu shot, no reason washing my hands and eating healthy shouldn't help this year too.

Some people are of the opinion that all health care workers should get it, and if I'm mandated, I will, but working in the pharmacy, I actually have very little actual contact with patients and am constantly using the hand sanitiser (non-antibacterial) and washing my hands anyway because of general aseptic technique.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/sw...s-at-risk.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...am97QD9B6DCUO0
                    Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Comment

No, not gonna do it.

George Noore from Coast to Coast AM says don't do it, thats enough for me.
                      Go back to where ever you came from, smoke a fatty, and sing Kum-Ba-Yah with Osama Bin Laden. Hopefully you will find the Communist Utopia you so desire.

Comment

Not doing it.

Comment

I'm not going to get it.

My immune system is regulated just fine through proper diet and exercise and I really do feel they are rushing this vaccine without trying to do more testing about the side effects(even though this is considered their "test"). A suspected outcome is Guillian-Barre Syndrome, which is to be considered a rare side effect, but one nonetheless.

Besides, about 36,000 people die from the normal flu year and until the numbers of H1N1 start climbing, I'll let everyone else take the experimental vaccines.

Futurelaw89

Comment

No, since the people who made the vaccine refuse to take it.

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3787 users online. 204 members and 3583 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X