Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting 2009 Reports??

Let's hear thr war stories.

For me, two ventures for muleys out into the desert with my oldest son - two trips back home with no joy - got skunked. The boy did turn a prairie dog insid out just for fun however and I snagged a few wabbits

Got into a sheeoot ton of the ladies, but nothing with antlers.

We go out for elk in 2 weeks. Will advise.....

You?
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

I had bad JuJu for Archery Elk. They had vacated the area. I could have roped and ridden muleys though.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Plenty of BIG whitetail bucks where I work... Some in velvet.

Unfortunately every Oklahoma State Park is also a game refuge.

sigh...
      "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly. -Teddy Roosevelt"

Comment

Investigated an archery loss 5x5 bull elk.

Investigating a waste of meat on a 5x6 bull elk. Hunter also left the rack which makes me suspect there might be more than just not taking all the meat. Not a lot of leads to go on.

Investigating bull moose shot and taken when season was closed. Retrieved bullet, brass, tire tracks, hair samples, blood samples.....Just need a suspect now.
        oh wait, probably not the hunting reports you are looking for
        He who laughs last.......thinks slowest

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
          Let's hear thr war stories.

For me, two ventures for muleys out into the desert with my oldest son - two trips back home with no joy - got skunked. The boy did turn a prairie dog insid out just for fun however and I snagged a few wabbits

Got into a sheeoot ton of the ladies, but nothing with antlers.

We go out for elk in 2 weeks. Will advise.....
          Remember ma' response about MB Bad luck W/ Elk ???
          MB,, did ya ever call and get a kill count in tha' particular area???

You?
          Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
          I had bad JuJu for Archery Elk. They had vacated the area. I could have roped and ridden muleys though.
          Ya, Ain't that tha truth eveytime!!

Originally posted by trouttrooper View Post
          Investigated an archery loss 5x5 bull elk.

Investigating a waste of meat on a 5x6 bull elk. Hunter also left the rack which makes me suspect there might be more than just not taking all the meat. Not a lot of leads to go on.

Investigating bull moose shot and taken when season was closed. Retrieved bullet, brass, tire tracks, hair samples, blood samples.....Just need a suspect now.

oh wait, probably not the hunting reports you are looking for
          Naw, we don't like pocher 'tother..... unless ya a' starv'in....Happened here in Az when tha' mines shut down more than a decade ago, but I here tha' game populations have grown well, in those areas, due ta' conditions...

trouttrooper, it seems like tha' logg'in tucks like ta' hit elk on tha dirt roads at night fer fun, ....... Fact or fiction....?????

WEll anyway Officers, tha' best of luck knock'in a few ta thar' knees.... Even though I like ta' nail em when they are bedded down and chew'in thar" cud....A kill is a bag.....

Sully
          Last edited by asullivan; 10-05-2009, 01:17 AM. Reason: dd
          Originally posted by mookster
          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
          Originally posted by CityCopDC
          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

I can't bring myself to kill Jersey Deer. They are so small they all look like Fawns to me.

I need to go out west again...

M-11
            “All men dream...... But not equally..
            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

New York Bow Season for Whitetails 2 weeks away. I have alot of sign around my stand. Will advise of the results.
              Thanks for the help !
              I try to find a Monkey.

Comment

hitting an elk w/ a logging truck will generally require some $$$ to repair the logging truck. Still driveable in most cases, but will have bent bumpers, steering out of adjustment, broken headlights etc. The ones I talk to around here grumble about repairs after tagging an elk.

hitting a moose w/ a logging truck............moose dies...sometimes, logging truck out of commission. Just not a good day all around for everyone.
                He who laughs last.......thinks slowest

Comment

Last month (Sept) my Pa and I got quite a few birds. I am looking forward to hunting some elk, bobcat, mountain lion and big horn sheep this season!
                  "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Originally posted by trouttrooper View Post
                    hitting an elk w/ a logging truck will generally require some $$$ to repair the logging truck. Still driveable in most cases, but will have bent bumpers, steering out of adjustment, broken headlights etc. The ones I talk to around here grumble about repairs after tagging an elk.

hitting a moose w/ a logging truck............moose dies...sometimes, logging truck out of commission. Just not a good day all around for everyone.
                    Wow now that thar' is very interesting indeed!!!!... Hummmm, Ya Like I said Tha Fish and Game ( Az ) said, " Yup, them thar' logg'in trucks love ta' hit em"
                    fer fun...... As ya stated above, I concure with tha' "results"...

Well Officer,

Thank ya very much fer tha' info... Do appreciate....

Sully
                    Originally posted by mookster
                    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                    Originally posted by CityCopDC
                    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

General rifle buck and bear opens 10/10 in the LA area. Of course I'll be working opening day. Then again, FLSA regs require me to take a break after working a certain number of hours.
                      No telling where I may be when that time comes.

Comment

I bagged two this morning, on my way into work. I use a 2003 Dodge Stratus for all my hunting, I know it is an unconventional caliber but after hitting the deer, it tends not to run off and you do not have to spend the rest of the day tracking to find out where it went. Heck fish and game don’t even cite you for not having a permit.
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3927 users online. 248 members and 3679 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X