Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What percentage of the national budget is NASA's space programs?
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
      What percentage of the national budget is NASA's space programs?

$17.6 Billion for the year of 2009

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2008...09_budget.html
      Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Comment

...And this does what to improve our lives on earth? I think its pointless too. Imagine all the food stamps people could get with that kinda money!
        "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Instead of spending it on the moon, how about giving it back to the people and bailing them out vice the big wig companies.

One year of not reasearching space will not hurt us, however one year of not reasearching space will greatly help us financially!
          Religion is flawed, because man is flawed.

Comment

NASA is a fraction of one percent of the national budget. Its work leads to important advances in science and technology. Why should we stop advancing knowledge and capability to give handouts to people who, for the most part, haven't earned anything?
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhh.... They cain't do that!!!!!! that means no more cheese!!!
              Originally posted by mookster
              Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
              Originally posted by CityCopDC
              I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
              Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
              I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
              -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
                Ohhhhhhhhhh.... They cain't do that!!!!!! that means no more cheese!!!
                You mean we all have to collectively cut the cheese?
                sigpic
                Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                  You mean we all have to collectively cut the cheese?
                  Ohhh Officer Kaps....... Ya got's a genius one of them, thar' idears, ya doooo's

We all cut tha cheese, at one moment of time, it wills knock tha orbit of tha' big balls of cheese away from us.....Ors, It will knock us away's from tha big ball of cheese..

anyways, we be screwed... No cheese!!!!

Oh Lordy, save us from this here, dastardly deed!!!!!
                  Originally posted by mookster
                  Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                  Originally posted by CityCopDC
                  I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                  Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                  I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                  -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

The moon will be fine, but It will add one more crater under its belt. Space exploration is important, much of our technological and medical stuff came as a result of NASA and space exploration. Its well worth the small fraction being spent on it, and NASA has improved aviation safety and aviation in general.
                    Last edited by MD11pilot; 10-06-2009, 03:27 PM. Reason: Grammer
                    Life is what you make of it

Comment

NASA Will Bomb Moon on Friday

(Oct. 7) -- A NASA probe is about to fire a missile into the moon and you might be able to get a glimpse of the impact.

The missile released by the Lunar CRater Observing and Sensing Satellite (LCROSS) will slam into the moon's south pole Friday, sending up a plume of debris several miles high. Instruments on the booster trailing the missile will analyze the debris and, before also crashing into the lunar surface, will relay the data to the LCROSS orbiter.

Researchers hope the blast will reveal evidence of underground water deposits. Previous missions have confirmed traces of water on the surface and some scientists believe there could be billions of tons of ice locked away in the deep, shadowy craters of the lunar poles. That ice might be a source of drinking water and fuel for astronauts, if they ever return to the moon.

There's nothing new about objects hitting the moon. Comets have bombarded the lunar surface for billions of years, leaving it riddled with craters. Those comets could be the source of the water, although there are competing theories, according to SPACE.com.

Unlike comet impacts, NASA knows exactly where and when its missile will strike the moon -- the crater Cabeus A at 7:30 EDT Friday morning. That means amateur observers with telescopes should be able to see the flash when the bomb hits. NASA has details about how to observe the event.
                      sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

I'm waiting for the response from Al-Qaeda on the moon
                        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

So they are going to smash a million dollar satalite into the moon just to see if there is water?
                          RIP Sgt. Joe Bergeron, We will surely miss you.

- EOW 5/1/2010 -

Comment

Yep. They should fly out here, it's much closer.

Comment

They should load the spacecraft up with certain individuals! Then we'd be getting our money's worth.

Comment

Watch them blow a chunk off and big giant piece of the moon heads to earth. Karma would be a b*tch if that happened.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2824 users online. 142 members and 2682 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X