300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Island

So I conjured up this idea of this island in my head today and asked a few close friends and family members about what they thought if it was put into effect.

The island would go as proposed: if you have committed a heinous or any other type of serious crime you can opt out of going to prison and be shipped to the Island. This island has nothing but trees and no source of food besides the ocean. The criminals are allowed to do whatever pleases them and there is no law whatsoever. The Island would be guarded by either the US Navy/Coast Guard or some type of LE agency that would patrol the waters and prevent escape.

A lot of people opposed the idea and said that it would be unethical to have people treated like animals because they would be able to kill, rape, etc without being prosecuted. I thought maybe it would be too leniant because the criminals could basically become friends and live in a little "paradise", but I figured they would run out of food soon enough.

I know its a rambling thought but what do you think...
    Last edited by toto80; 10-04-2009, 08:29 PM. Reason: Forgot the paragraphs, sorry!
    “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

I already live on an island patroled by the Coast Guard and the local Police Patrol.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

This has already been done. The island is called Australia.
      Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Lol....the idea isnt novel....Ive thought that'd be a good solution before.....not realisitc of course....
        'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

I think it's a great idea - except I would mine the perimeter waters, and wish them well - no patrol necessary.

I would also supply them with a ton of hand grenades, handguns, shotguns, bazookas and claymores. I would toss in compound bows and arrows, knives and RPGs. And finally, a dozen chickens, cows and seeds for crops.

Send all American prisoners there and leav them. Seems fair enough.
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Why waste that amount of money to send them to the island, when a 45acp round only costs 50 cents or so?

MUCH more cost effective......and the recidivism rate is right around zero.....
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Wasn't that a movie with Ray Liota?
              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                Why waste that amount of money to send them to the island, when a 45acp round only costs 50 cents or so?

Haha but then there's no entertainment value!
                'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by cbr600_kitty View Post
                  Haha but then there's no entertainment value!
                  Well, THAT depends on where you put that round, now doesnt it?.....
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post

Yea tha' idea been around awhile........

True story...... Was at a oral review with D.O.C...... I mentioned on tha "pro side', no recidivism for the penalty of death.....

I swear, Tha Sgt. looked like he had no Idea what I was talk'in about...

Maybe he was pull'in ole' Triggers and ma' leg......
                    Originally posted by mookster
                    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                    Originally posted by CityCopDC
                    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

No, no, no...

Make the island a real life survivor, and make it pay-per-view. Use the money to fund PD's.

When a person fails a test or gets voted "off," they get fed to the sharks. In the alternative, they could be forced to live in Jersey.
                      Lighten up Francis!

Comment

Well now that ya' put it that way Officer.....

Does sound kinda fun.....Hell Trigger liked it...

Good enough fer me..

But Sharks???? Gotta brain scan em... Find out what thar' most inner deep fear is.....

Thats what tha trolls did, to me when i get banned from tha O.....

Takes big nutzoides ta survive that!!!

Then Ya' skin em alive, like I do trolls........ Put on your detective hat on on find tha thread....... Just like tha' light at you feet!!!

Tha Admiral,
                        Alex sully" Sullivan

FA.O.COM CNC
                        Originally posted by mookster
                        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                        Originally posted by CityCopDC
                        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jere View Post
                          This has already been done. The island is called Australia.
                          Hey, I resemble that remark. Seriously though you are partly correct. Your island was used first until some damned colonials in the Americas decided to have a tea party because they didn't want to accept convicts or pay taxes any more and broke away from the Mother Country to make start their own country and develop their own form of the English language.

Here begins a condensed history lesson. At that time, the country of Australia did not exist, convicts were later sent to the colony of New South Wales, then later to the colonies of Van Diemens Land (later Tasmania), Norfolk Island and so on.

Australia came into existence as a nation in 1901 when the colonies of New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia federated to form the Commonwealth of Australia and those colonies then became states. Later the territories of the Australian Capital Territory, which also administered Australian territories, and the Northerrn Territory came into existence

As a side note, Australia is one of the very few nations to have a constant stable system of government and that has been a result of Australia not experiencing any form internal revolution, civil war, or warlike conflict. With the exception of the Japanese conducting raids on our country during WW2, all conflicts in which Australia has been involved have been overseas beginning with the Boer War until now with our soldiers in Iraq, Afghanistan and other UN military missions. Prior to Federation each individual colony provided troops to foriegn wars such as the Moari Wars in New Zealand, the Sudan, etc.

Isn't Haiti of interest to the US? If so, why not grant US citizenship to the natives, relocate them to mainland US and send your crims there!
                          If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

Comment

You could call it "Club Dread"
                            "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
                            but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

Or we could just build a wall around new york and send in snake plisken when we have problems.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6286 users online. 334 members and 5952 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X