300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.COM Darwin Awards

I know the Darwin Awards have been discussed previously on the forum, but I had an idea. Why not post your own interactions with your top 1 or 2 Darwin Award candidates, and let the rest of O.COM vote for the top 3 deserving? Just something I thought might be fun, and an easy way to share stories of stupid people without being too offensive.
    Last edited by Iowa_Hopeful; 10-01-2009, 07:06 PM. Reason: grammatical errors
    On the hunt for Iowa Depts hiring!

okay I'll go first. Got a call about dark one evening about a report for a break-in; so I was not in an almighty hurry(since I thought it was just a report) go by and gas up and head to the call. As I arrive there's aguy at the end of the drive and he says "the car is just about amile down the road with a flat on it"...okay I'm thinking this is just too good to be true. He asks can he ride with me, I ask can you ID any stolen stuff, he says sure. We get to the car and this numbscrote is standing there with the car, a flat and no spare. We can see some of the stuff in the back seat, so I hook the guy up for...

possession of stolen property and being stupid.
    It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
    Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

How about for the posters that come here claiming to be one thing but quickly flame themselves out as the trolls they are.
      Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
        How about for the posters that come here claiming to be one thing but quickly flame themselves out as the trolls they are.
        + 1...
        It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
        Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

+2!!!!
          "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Jesus we get so many, it is going to be tough to rate them. I'm thinking the peanut butter story, and the turd a few weeks ago who posted about the cops using 4 rounds to put a deer down.
            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Last edited by az4code23; 10-01-2009, 07:59 PM.
              "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Definitely looking forward to some of these stories.
                "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Comment

Should have let him continue smoking, he could have been a true Darwin winner
                  Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Unfortunately (or fortunately as the story will tell) I did not personally see this one, but it occurred at my station and I saw the pictures:

So this tweaker has an incontinance problem. He takes a 1 1/8" diameter brass hex nut, and screws it on down the shaft to help stop the leaks.

After a while he realizes he can't get it off due to the swelling. A few days later with the nut still attached, he decides to turn himself in for a warrant, knowing we have to provide medical attention for him.

No I wont post the picture, but I'm not really sure he left the hospital a "whole" man. It looked like it was dead before he came in.

Didn't kill himself, but he sure removed himself from the gene pool.
                    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                      who posted about the cops using 4 rounds to put a deer down.
                      Had a Sgt. (RIP) who was on an injured dog call. He shot it three/four times before it died.......the family was standing outside the whole time and watched it.

I do know a city boy who went on an injured deer call..found it laying in the ditch and shot it once, he said he saw breath so he shot it again....it moved so he shot it again....it didn't close it's eyes so he shot it again.... We still have fun with him over this.
                      A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

I was on a ride-along when there was a pursuit/OIS involving another deputy....(dirtbag reversed his stolen truck into deputy's patrol car)...the guy got hit in the back of the head, but the bullet just surfed the guy's skull.

As they pulled the guy out, he says "Man, I didn't know those bean-bags hurt so bad!"
                        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Hey, Wait a minute's.....

What about"s me and trigger....

Oh,,,,, Ummmm Hi, Bendy not breaky.....

Can I be ur lump O' coal?????
                          Originally posted by mookster
                          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                          Originally posted by CityCopDC
                          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

A little while back, in Limerick City here in Ireland, a well known crook, was showing a mate of his how to kill somebody while very drunk at a house party. he took out his pistol, removed the magazine, took off the safety and blew his own brains out, he forgot he had one in the breach. Now there's a real contender for the Darwin awards. News Report
                            OUTBREAK, Limericks Zombie Festival 2011

Comment

Double post
                              Last edited by foinse; 10-29-2009, 03:53 AM. Reason: double post
                              OUTBREAK, Limericks Zombie Festival 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5503 users online. 298 members and 5205 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X