300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misunderstood

Ifound this site in 2004 while I was delpoyed to Iraq. I was a police officer and have had an interets in this career field so I thought this would be a great place to come and eschange ideas.

FOR THE MOST PART, I enjoy this site. I get good career advice fom people and Ienjoy reading about the application process and all that. HOWEVER, there is an element onhere that has calledd me a trouble maker.troll, a liberal not a cop and not in the military and I wanted to address that.

First of all my intentions have always been honorable. I mean no rouble. I just feel I am able to express mysele. I have high standards for people.Especially people in the public safety arena. I expecet fairness and equality.

The fact is that I am an officer in the military. (Army Reserves) I am a former police officer and I am a former reserve deputy sheriff. Believe it or not it is true.

Why do I post the things I do. I love my country. I am inthe military.I do not support gay marriage. I am strong Christian. I believe in family. At the same time I do not believ in discriminating against anyone including gays. I think we live in an unequal society. I am proud of the current President. I strongly disagreed with invading Iraq . I strongly support our operations in AFghanastan.

So am I a liberal or a conservative? I dont claim either one. Idont want to be defined bya label.I want to be defined by my works.I work with kids. I mentor. I serve the elderly. I give money to the homeless. Thats who i am.

I care about people. I do not come here to strat arguments. I come hear to stimulate discussions. I realize that most (not all ) folks onhere are republican, male and caucasion and that is fine. I think I bring something differnt to the table. Have an open mind and accept new and different ideas.

Thats all. Thanks.

Dude.. you've claimed you're a captain in the US Army, a pilot, a cop, a firefighter, paramedic, truck driver, helicopter pilot and plenty of other things.

Please, get it straight with us. What is it that you exactly do? I've seen you stir up trouble in the various topics forum... which makes you lose all credibility with a lot of the things you've said.

We don't care the color of your skin. I know we've got quite a few police officers here who are black. Nothing wrong with that at all. If you are who you say you are on this post, you seem like a great person who does good work and wants nothing more than to serve his country and his community. However, I just don't know with you....

Comment

He posted what Agnecy he worked with....he worked for one of the most racist Sheriff's in the world down in GA.....who did 4 years and got booted out by the voters...and has tons of lawsuits still pending.....

Explains a lot about his attitude on here if he in fact did work for the guy......

Comment

I for one cannot take you seriously until you start using spellcheck.

IF you are an Army Officer, you are well aware that the quality of your written communications is as important as the substance of your message.

M-11
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by alpha1906 View Post
          Ifound this site in 2004 while I was delpoyed to Iraq. I was a police officer and have had an interets in this career field so I thought this would be a great place to come and eschange ideas.
          Thank you for my freedom. I mean it; what follows is not rflective of that admiration. However....

As soon as you said..

I love my country. I am in the military.I do not support gay marriage. I am strong Christian. I believe in family. I am proud of the current President. I strongly disagreed with invading Iraq.
          ...you lost all credibility as a neutral "inquisitive" discussion starter. Your contridictions in values are best confusion; at worst, a fib.

How can you claim to love your country, yet be "PROUD" of a president who has clearly, directly and continually belittled it; betrayed its secrets thus endangering our (you) military; apologized for it uncontrollably and belittled its highest office by appointing criminals, communists, racists and tax evaders as its highest advisors? How can you claim to be a Christian, when you are "proud" of a president who not only supports murdering babies; he fought and helped defeat a law requiring life support for such babies surviving botched abortions? How does a Christian support a man like this?

So am I a liberal or a conservative? I dont claim either one.
          Newsflash.... you ARE a liberal. Accept your shortcomings and be a man about it. STAND UP for what you believe it, as misguided as it is.

I care about people.
          Great news. A conservative lives within you. Good start.
          I do not come here to start arguments.
          Well, you sure managed to do it a time or two.
          I realize that most (not all ) folks on here are republican, male and caucasion and that is fine.
          Oh? It "fine" to be white, republican and male? Whew ... imagine my relief ... for minute I was worried it wouldn't be! BTW, how do you know most are caucasion? Just wondering? Wouldn't be "assuming" this or grouping us, would you?

I think I bring something differnt to the table. Have an open mind and accept new and different ideas.

Thats all. Thanks.
          Likewise. And if I may ... be your own man! We don't need you to explain or justify yourself - just BE yourself. Cops have a way of separating the wheat from the chaf.
          Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 09-27-2009, 11:16 AM.
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

For being an Army officer and a "police officer," your spelling and grammar are atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha1906 View Post

FOR THE MOST PART, I enjoy this site. I get good career advice fom people and Ienjoy reading about the application process and all that. HOWEVER, there is an element onhere that has calledd me a trouble maker.troll, a liberal not a cop and not in the military and I wanted to address that.

First of all my intentions have always been honorable. I mean no rouble. I just feel I am able to express mysele. I have high standards for people.Especially people in the public safety arena. I expecet fairness and equality.

The fact is that I am an officer in the military. (Army Reserves) I am a former police officer and I am a former reserve deputy sheriff. Believe it or not it is true.

Why do I post the things I do. I love my country. I am inthe military.I do not support gay marriage. I am strong Christian. I believe in family. At the same time I do not believ in discriminating against anyone including gays. I think we live in an unequal society. I am proud of the current President. I strongly disagreed with invading Iraq . I strongly support our operations in AFghanastan.

So am I a liberal or a conservative? I dont claim either one. Idont want to be defined bya label.I want to be defined by my works.I work with kids. I mentor. I serve the elderly. I give money to the homeless. Thats who i am.

I care about people. I do not come here to strat arguments. I come hear to stimulate discussions. I realize that most (not all ) folks onhere are republican, male and caucasion and that is fine. I think I bring something differnt to the table. Have an open mind and accept new and different ideas.

Thats all. Thanks.
              Who cares what random people on the internet say about you?

Grow up, if you are that upset by what people on a website say about you, I don't know how you made it in Iraq.
              Those who believe, ye shall receive.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4845 users online. 291 members and 4554 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X