Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you leave your Christmas lights up year round?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you leave your Christmas lights, on your house, year round, you are definetely a redneck. Not that there is anything wrong with that...But you are in fact red on the neck..

Comment

Yeeep. I leave my christmas lights out all year long on my john deere colored trailer. And that's the truth. lol I'll post some pics today or tomorrow.
      "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Originally posted by ford123 View Post
        If you leave your Christmas lights, on your house, year round, you are definetely a redneck. Not that there is anything wrong with that...But you are in fact red on the neck..
        <-------------Nothin' wrong with a little shading between the collar and head, says the Blue State Redneck.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepdog110 View Post
          My three foot high synthetic Christmas tree has been sitting on top of my broken air hockey table for about three years. That is the only Christmas decoration I own and I'm quite happy about that. No, the lights have never been plugged in and I like it that way.

On a side note, Christmas is overrated. It has lost the meaning that it once had and quite frankly it sickens me. I like to pray on Christmas instead of blowing a ton of cash on crap that people probably don't want anyway.

Yep, I'm a grinch.
          Scrooge!

j/k, I know what you mean though. Christmas morning had a better feel when I was a kid and also the days leading up to it. Even the cartoons were better.
          Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
          Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

my lights

Last edited by az4code23; 09-30-2009, 03:39 PM.
            "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Bah Humbug!!!

Lights?? Why waste the money?

A two-foot fake tree on the table is it...
              "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Keep milking this thread like some of my colleagues milk calls, and it will be Christmas time.

Comment

Originally posted by brn2reign View Post
                  Scrooge!

j/k, I know what you mean though. Christmas morning had a better feel when I was a kid and also the days leading up to it. Even the cartoons were better.
                  I guess that now that I'm an adult I don't think of Christmas as a way to milk items from others. What a selfish way to think of how to celebrate the birth of Christ. I get the symbolism with giving gifts and everything, but in my family it's almost a contest of who can spend the most cash. I say it's a bunch of crap.

Christmas is supposed to be about Christ, not buying stuff for everyone. It's more of an obligation these days than it is to help someone else feel good because you cared enough to get them a little something. Granted, if your heart is in the right place then kudos to you. If not, well... that's really none of my business, is it?

Back on track though, we have a guy in town that leaves his lights LIT all throughout the year. I keep getting confused when it's 1am, I'm sweating because it's hot, and I see "Merry Christmas" lit up on his roof like it's December 20th. (December 20th is usually cold in Nebraska)
                  "To know that you know what you know and that you do not know what you do not know; that is true knowledge." - Unknown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2580 users online. 131 members and 2449 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X