X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcyclists, how not to clean your chain

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242261

The pics are graphic.
    Last edited by gixxerjoe04; 09-24-2009, 09:38 PM. Reason: not the right info

not working here

Comment

Graphic

"I will start off by saying that I am a worthless squid rookie and I suck at everything in life.
      I was about to go for a ride today and my chain was pretty nasty, so I put it up on the stands and got out the wd-40 and a rag. I started the bike, put it in gear and let it idle. I sprayed the chain down really well and I put the rag up to it and it got caught and took my hand with it through the rear sprocket. I had to have everything above my last joint amputated on my index, pointer and my ring finger on my right hand. Thankfully I am left handed. It was a stupid mistake on my part and now I will forever pay the price for it. Say what you will, flame away, I don't care. I have accepted it and I take full responsibility. I made a choice (not knowing any better) and I will live with the consequences for the rest of my life. I thought I would post this so that 1.) no one else ever makes this mistake and 2.) To show that you don't have to be riding for a bike to get you hurt."

Comment

Can anyone else see the pics? They don't show up when I try to pull up the page.
        Sworn on September 22, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostaLEO View Post
          Can anyone else see the pics? They don't show up when I try to pull up the page.
          Looks like the OP of the motorcyle story decided to delete his picutres off of photobucket.

Futurelaw89

Comment

i wish i knew why the photos arent working, they're working for me and this post is worthless without photos

Comment

I had a friend in Highschool lost a finger and thumb doing the same thing. I have to admit I laughed at him. After the fact he had a good sense of humor about it. No doubt it was dumb but a heavy price to pay.

And you can cut and paste for the photo's. He lost some finger tips but still has the majority of the fingers. Not fun but it won't stop him from riding.
              Last edited by Monkeybomb; 09-23-2009, 07:30 PM.
              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Holy sh*tballs! I don't know if I would have the presence of mind to stop what I was doing and calmly take those pics. (The pictures work).
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

An awesome reason to not have a chain.

I've got a shaft drive and a belt drive.

Of course, I'd like to think I'm smart enough to not stick my digits in moving parts anyway, but at least I'm not faced with that tempation now.
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

At least he's not blaming the company who made the bike and is trying to sue him. Someone at least give him that?

But yeah, damn stupid thing to do.

Comment

I had chain driven bikes and I never ever used such a stupid method like that to clean/ lube a chain.

BTW, I switched to shaft drives after clocking up a lot of highway klicks per day and decided that cleaning and adjusting a chain every 1 500km or so.
                      If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

Comment

Seen a buddy do it on a bicycle once...dunce

Comment

I've never heard of anyone cleaning their chain running in gear. Common sense should prevail at some point, I think it was just a matter of time before he wrapped his bike around a telephone pole or something so maybe for him it's a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Thank God Harleys have a belt final drive
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Smurfette
                            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                            Originally posted by DAL
                            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

After an injury like that. What normal person's first reaction is "dude, imma take me a picture!" Welp guess that guy wont be pickin boogers with that hand.
                              "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4998 users online. 297 members and 4701 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X