300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shack

Ok so I cannot for the life of me find a place to discuss books, so I have decided to do it hear.
    With that I was wondering who has read the book "The Shack" ?
    If you have I was hoping for what you thought of it. I read it and thought it was the most wonderful book I have read in a while. Truly great stories about Gods love for us.
    If you have not I am hoping that this discussion might interest you in reading it.

And discuss….lol

The above comments reflect the personal and unofficial opinions of the poster; and in no way should be taken to indicate any opinion or policy of any government agency.

I read it. It has a powerful message of spirituality and faith for the central character, who as you know suffered the loss of his child through other than natural means which would be horrible enough on it's own.

I can't think of a trial of faith that would be more shattering than to lose your child through rape and murder. The guilt that parent feels, in their mind and soul, for failing to protect their child and the natural order be turned upside down.

I nearly lost my one and only child at birth, to e-coli and pneumonia, and was the closest I've ever been to insanity during the three weeks he was in PICU. I've never prayed so hard in my life and will be eternally grateful that he survived it. Not sure what would have happened otherwise.

Comment

I read it a while ago. I enjoyed it, but I think it was a little deliberate when pulling at the heart strings.

I think Lovely Bones, while not focused on spiritual growth, did a great job showing how tragedy impacts a family.

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal is another favorite...on the surface it looks like farce, and there are some funny bits...it packs a serious, spiritual one-two punch.
      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

I have not read the Shack.

Originally posted by willowdared View Post

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal is another favorite...on the surface it looks like farce, and there are some funny bits...it packs a serious, spiritual one-two punch.
        Christopher Moore is one of my favorite authors. Great book.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
        and I'm not sure about the former.
        -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

I read it back in May. Great book, really re-worked my relationship with God. When I first read it, I was rolling my eyes over all this talk of faith and God. Wehn I was done it gave me a whole new outlook on religion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5146 users online. 286 members and 4860 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X