300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Trader dot com

Does anyone have experience with autotrader.com? I'm wondering about how long I could expect a vehicle to sell if I list it there.

I have a 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 hatchback. It's got about 90k miles on it and runs great. It's been in two fender benders but has been repaired and looks/runs good as before. I want to get rid of it and get something else and don't really want to resort to trading it in and getting ripped off.

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 12-05-2009, 02:39 AM. Reason: .............................
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Obviously... I'd be selling it for a reasonable price.

Comment

Kelly Blue Book puts it at a private party resale value of $5,160. I'd sell it for $4,500.

Comment

I have better luck on craigslist to be honest. I sold two trucks on craigslist both with one week turnarounds.
          "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

I sold 2 cars on eBay. When I listed on Auto Trader they just sat there.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Smurfette
            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
            Originally posted by DAL
            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
              I sold 2 cars on eBay. When I listed on Auto Trader they just sat there.
              eBay charge too much money. imo.
              "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

I bought my last motorcycle off it the same day it was listed so it worked for him.

Comment

I sold my old car on craigslist and have bought a truck on craigslist, not to mention its free to post.

Autotrader is alot nicer of a site.

Comment

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 12-05-2009, 08:14 AM.
                    Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Side question:

Besides it maybe not making a lot of sense. Is it possible to buy a vehicle through a dealer while overseas?

Comment

I have sold, and bought a few cars from Autotrader. The good thing is once you pay for the add (the optional) it will run until the car sells. I wasn't in a hurry to sell my cars in the past, so that was a key point.

Edmunds has a free 30 day add that you can run, I sold my Mustang through them not too long ago.

Are you in a hurry to get rid of the car?

Comment

Originally posted by RSGSRT View Post

Are you in a hurry to get rid of the car?
                          Yes. I'm currently deployed, so I'm paying on a vehicle that I intend to get rid of anyways. The sooner the better really. The vehicle is at my parent's house and I'm thinking about employing my little brother to clean it up, take pictures and put ads on the net for me... as well as have some help from my bro/parents if there are any people interested in viewing/test driving it.
                          Last edited by concon02; 09-22-2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/07/...ion/index.html
                            Last edited by Nobody; 10-08-2009, 10:32 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5600 users online. 310 members and 5290 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X