X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• az4code23
    replied
    Originally posted by RDEP View Post
    Am I the only one here that thinks that this is a joke? I can't stand people that say "oh, I served in the military" when they ended up leaving during initial entry training. Get a life.
    +2 I agree.

Leave a comment:

• RDEP
    replied
    Originally posted by just joe View Post
    Finland uses national conscription. They train people and then kick them out-basically a trained reserve. He probably served six months to one year before being released back to civilian life.
    Am I the only one here that thinks that this is a joke? I can't stand people that say "oh, I served in the military" when they ended up leaving during initial entry training. Get a life.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Finland uses national conscription. They train people and then kick them out-basically a trained reserve. He probably served six months to one year before being released back to civilian life.

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    Silver Security badge...$25.00

Leather duty gear...$125.00

Some things money can buy, for everything else, there's the Sheriff's Office!
    I know for one thing, the other day I went to go buy a new leather 1 3/4 leather garrison belt form my uniform, and it set me back $20 stinkin dollars. - I had/have to buy all my own uniform for the sheriff's office, and it aint cheap! Reimbursments are only quarterly! It PMO that these people who impersonate police have so much money to throw around! If they get prosecuted the judge should donate their duty belts to the reserve/auxiliary! I try my best to stay out of the uniform store. The uniform store breaks me. And we only get reimbursed if we buy our uniforms and gear from the authorized uniform stores. So if I buy gear/uniform online, or in a catalog, no reimbursment! So, my point is, when impersonaters get prosecuted, they should donate their "duty-belts" to us!
    Last edited by az4code23; 09-25-2009, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Depyoutee
    replied
    Apologize RDEP typing on pain killers worse than texting while drinking. Have had LOTS of problems with TSA personnel going through security check points in county buildings. Wonder if they would think it "cute" to say some of they things some of them have stated while going through airport security, or jumping the line for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• RDEP
    replied
    Originally posted by JAR_fin View Post
    When I used to work security and if the store I was supposed to guard was near the place I lived I used walk there (like two or three blocks) my security uniform on but I always used a civilian jacket to cover the uniform. I did this also because many stores didn't have guard's booth or any places to change to work uniform... :/
    I just have to ask. You've been in the Navy, and used to work security, etc... and you're only 20. How long is a Navy enlistment in Finland? Or were you involuntarily separated?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Addicted2Iron View Post
    the other day i stopped a car for speeding and a very large man gets out in a "police style" security uniforn. his uniform includes: silver badge on his chest that says security, gun belt with flashlight, cuffs pouches with cuffs, radio holder, oc spray holder, and gun holster! he has a terrible attitude and wants to know why i didnt stop the car in front of him for speeding.

when i tell him that i'm gonna write him a ticket for excessive speed and for his 3 small children who are not restrained (one is a newborn baby) he gets upset and tells me that he donates money to "us" all the time. (i'm a state trooper, and i find a FOP sticker on his windshield fron 1998! he then starts complaing that its messed up that i'm writing him a ticket when he is a police officer, just like me. his terrible attitude makes me VERY suspicious...i run his CH and find he has been arrested about a dozen times for a wide variety of offenses. i run warrants on him and dispatch notifies me that he has 6 active warrants out of various departments in north louisiana!

when i brought this big fella (6'2'' 240) into the parish jail, all the corrections deputys start snickering. apparently they all know him and one said it made their day watching me bring him in in his "police" uniform.
    So was this guy even a security guard? I mean how could he be if he had warrants?

Being arrested and taken to jail in your "police" uniform...Priceless

I just have to wonder that like 10 or 20 years ago did people pull this impersonator **** or is this something that has started lately?

Originally posted by Armitage View Post
    While I do wear a "badge" at work (that clearly says "security supervisor"), I would never think of wearing it off duty, putting it in my wallet, or any of the other things some security folk do which give the rest of us a bad name.

Because my uniform is very "cop like" in appearance, I also try to at least wear my civilian jacket over it if I go into stores on the way to/from work - to avoid some of the aforementioned situations like being mistaken for a cop or store security if an incident happens while I'm shopping.

I did get pulled over on the way to work a few weeks back, while wearing the uniform, but didn't use it to attempt to get any type of favor or anything - the cop did notice it and asked where I worked, then recognised me as I've helped him out a few times with bringing combative patients into the ER etc - as it was he didn't give me a ticket, most likely because I wasn't speeding that much (52 in a 45), have a completely clean driving record, and was very polite and apologetic. Suffice to say I have watched my speed more carefully since then!
    This is great! There should be more security that would want to act this way but because most companies don't give a damn and because the training is quite inadequate everything can happen. The security companies should also be little more careful who they hire. Too many wannabes out there (wonder where do they come from).

When I used to work security and if the store I was supposed to guard was near the place I lived I used walk there (like two or three blocks) my security uniform on but I always used a civilian jacket to cover the uniform. I did this also because many stores didn't have guard's booth or any places to change to work uniform... :/

Leave a comment:

• Armitage
    replied
    While I do wear a "badge" at work (that clearly says "security supervisor"), I would never think of wearing it off duty, putting it in my wallet, or any of the other things some security folk do which give the rest of us a bad name.

Because my uniform is very "cop like" in appearance, I also try to at least wear my civilian jacket over it if I go into stores on the way to/from work - to avoid some of the aforementioned situations like being mistaken for a cop or store security if an incident happens while I'm shopping.

I did get pulled over on the way to work a few weeks back, while wearing the uniform, but didn't use it to attempt to get any type of favor or anything - the cop did notice it and asked where I worked, then recognised me as I've helped him out a few times with bringing combative patients into the ER etc - as it was he didn't give me a ticket, most likely because I wasn't speeding that much (52 in a 45), have a completely clean driving record, and was very polite and apologetic. Suffice to say I have watched my speed more carefully since then!

Leave a comment:

• Till
    replied
    Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
    What bothers me is, here in TN, dont know about other states, you can buy a a gold badge that says hand gun permit holder or something to that effect.
    I believe anyone, in any state, can buy those.

Leave a comment:

• RDEP
    replied

Being arrested and taken to jail in your "police" uniform...Priceless

Leave a comment:

• Addicted2Iron
    replied
    this one IS funny

the other day i stopped a car for speeding and a very large man gets out in a "police style" security uniforn. his uniform includes: silver badge on his chest that says security, gun belt with flashlight, cuffs pouches with cuffs, radio holder, oc spray holder, and gun holster! he has a terrible attitude and wants to know why i didnt stop the car in front of him for speeding.

when i tell him that i'm gonna write him a ticket for excessive speed and for his 3 small children who are not restrained (one is a newborn baby) he gets upset and tells me that he donates money to "us" all the time. (i'm a state trooper, and i find a FOP sticker on his windshield fron 1998! he then starts complaing that its messed up that i'm writing him a ticket when he is a police officer, just like me. his terrible attitude makes me VERY suspicious...i run his CH and find he has been arrested about a dozen times for a wide variety of offenses. i run warrants on him and dispatch notifies me that he has 6 active warrants out of various departments in north louisiana!

when i brought this big fella (6'2'' 240) into the parish jail, all the corrections deputys start snickering. apparently they all know him and one said it made their day watching me bring him in in his "police" uniform.

Leave a comment:

• RDEP
    replied
    Originally posted by Depyoutee View Post
    Warning to Off Duty Thread Users
    Warning to al users: Sexually suggestive, explicit and profanity is not acceptable behavior on Officer.com.

LINY!! Even the dreadful TSA- as you may be able to discern from the above- profanity is not acceptable behavior!
    ***LOST***

Leave a comment:

• Depyoutee
    replied
    Warning to Off Duty Thread Users
    Warning to al users: Sexually suggestive, explicit and profanity is not acceptable behavior on Officer.com.

LINY!! Even the dreadful TSA- as you may be able to discern from the above- profanity is not acceptable behavior!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by On the sly
    The guard has every right to wear his uniform or badge on his way to work. I could care less what people think, but if the man wants to buy some coffee or a pack of smokes with his badge, fine let him do it.

Not a big deal.
    Come on, I'm just saying that he could get in a dangerous situation when he is bying the coffee in his uniform in a store he doesen't even guard and robbers hit there at the same time. Now the robbers would immidiately think that he is a security guard for that store and if they never seen a guard in that store they could panick or then they could mistaken him as a police officer and shoot him. But if he would wear plain clothes then there maybe wouldn't be any problem.

This is my opinion only and of course the guard can do what he wants (well except here in Finland I was told not to wear the uniform on my way to work if I use public transportation).

Leave a comment:

• LINY
    replied
    Everyone has a badge now-a-days. Even the dreadful TSA. I don't think this is much of an issue.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2519 users online. 171 members and 2348 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X