Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security "Police"

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    He could be an employee and it being the stores dress code for him to wear it like that where he was doing his job as he was paid or he could be some wannabe wanting attention. There is far too little info to infer anything but conjecture.

    That being said I do stop by a gas station sometimes before/after work but only have my badge if I am in uniform and I make sure the word Security is easy to see (it is written on my uniform is 6 places). I am not a police officer and don't want to be mistaken for one, but the hard uniform can be confusing to some. The funny thing is is when I am in uniform is the only time I am not armed.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Seahawks398 View Post
      With a name like toto, we can't go wrong.
      Maybe ya could make fun of it! Might be a little funnier than this thread huh? Just pointing out the fact that some guy could of come in and robbed the place, seen a badge, and shot thinking it was some type of LEO. I just find it a bit weird for someone to where a badge and not be in some type of LEO position, but hey, thats just my crazy opinion!

      Also thanks to all who replied! Got it from a different perspective...
      Last edited by toto80; 09-22-2009, 12:19 AM.
      “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”

      "In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

      Comment


      • #18
        Most def., Im not trying to knock anyones job, hell Im friends with garbage men to a drug addict (aka my father). All Im saying is I found it kind of out of place because I never had seen anyone do that before, but now I can look at it as commonplace.
        “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”

        "In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

        Comment


        • #19
          In some places fire fighters and EMTs/paramedics wear badges also...

          Them and code enforcement, animal control, health inspector, building inspector, geek squad....
          When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

          Comment


          • #20
            Why should undercover security guard / LP wear the badge visible. Also if the guard was on his/her way to work there is no reason to wear the badge in a store that you don't guard.

            Also it's not a good idea to wear security uniform and stop by at stores that you don't guard wearing the uniform because at least in Finland you have "jurisdiction" only at the area you work and I speak from experience that it can lead to annoying situation when you are confronted and can't do **** about it. Thats why I started to take whatever I need from home and made my day trough without having to stop by anywhere else. In the large malls where I worked we had guards booth in the other side of the mall where were the camera controls and the store you have to guard in the other side. So while walking back and forth I didn't have jurisdiction in other stores on in the mall hallway. Yeah... Not that cool when 50% knew about that.

            (I'm ex security guard)
            Last edited by JAR_fin; 09-23-2009, 08:51 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Everyone has a badge now-a-days. Even the dreadful TSA. I don't think this is much of an issue.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by On the sly
                The guard has every right to wear his uniform or badge on his way to work. I could care less what people think, but if the man wants to buy some coffee or a pack of smokes with his badge, fine let him do it.

                Not a big deal.
                Come on, I'm just saying that he could get in a dangerous situation when he is bying the coffee in his uniform in a store he doesen't even guard and robbers hit there at the same time. Now the robbers would immidiately think that he is a security guard for that store and if they never seen a guard in that store they could panick or then they could mistaken him as a police officer and shoot him. But if he would wear plain clothes then there maybe wouldn't be any problem.

                This is my opinion only and of course the guard can do what he wants (well except here in Finland I was told not to wear the uniform on my way to work if I use public transportation).

                Comment


                • #23
                  Warning to Off Duty Thread Users
                  Warning to al users: Sexually suggestive, explicit and profanity is not acceptable behavior on Officer.com.
                  __________________
                  officer.com
                  The Web's Source for Law Enforcement


                  LINY!! Even the dreadful TSA- as you may be able to discern from the above- profanity is not acceptable behavior!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Depyoutee View Post
                    Warning to Off Duty Thread Users
                    Warning to al users: Sexually suggestive, explicit and profanity is not acceptable behavior on Officer.com.
                    __________________
                    officer.com
                    The Web's Source for Law Enforcement


                    LINY!! Even the dreadful TSA- as you may be able to discern from the above- profanity is not acceptable behavior!
                    ***LOST***
                    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      this one IS funny

                      the other day i stopped a car for speeding and a very large man gets out in a "police style" security uniforn. his uniform includes: silver badge on his chest that says security, gun belt with flashlight, cuffs pouches with cuffs, radio holder, oc spray holder, and gun holster! he has a terrible attitude and wants to know why i didnt stop the car in front of him for speeding.

                      when i tell him that i'm gonna write him a ticket for excessive speed and for his 3 small children who are not restrained (one is a newborn baby) he gets upset and tells me that he donates money to "us" all the time. (i'm a state trooper, and i find a FOP sticker on his windshield fron 1998! he then starts complaing that its messed up that i'm writing him a ticket when he is a police officer, just like me. his terrible attitude makes me VERY suspicious...i run his CH and find he has been arrested about a dozen times for a wide variety of offenses. i run warrants on him and dispatch notifies me that he has 6 active warrants out of various departments in north louisiana!

                      when i brought this big fella (6'2'' 240) into the parish jail, all the corrections deputys start snickering. apparently they all know him and one said it made their day watching me bring him in in his "police" uniform.
                      The greatest injustice is using the law to keep justice at bay.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Silver Security badge...$25.00

                        Leather duty gear...$125.00

                        Being arrested and taken to jail in your "police" uniform...Priceless

                        Some things money can buy, for everything else, there's the Sheriff's Office!
                        Invisible Signature.......FAIL

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
                          What bothers me is, here in TN, dont know about other states, you can buy a a gold badge that says hand gun permit holder or something to that effect.
                          I believe anyone, in any state, can buy those.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            While I do wear a "badge" at work (that clearly says "security supervisor"), I would never think of wearing it off duty, putting it in my wallet, or any of the other things some security folk do which give the rest of us a bad name.

                            Because my uniform is very "cop like" in appearance, I also try to at least wear my civilian jacket over it if I go into stores on the way to/from work - to avoid some of the aforementioned situations like being mistaken for a cop or store security if an incident happens while I'm shopping.

                            I did get pulled over on the way to work a few weeks back, while wearing the uniform, but didn't use it to attempt to get any type of favor or anything - the cop did notice it and asked where I worked, then recognised me as I've helped him out a few times with bringing combative patients into the ER etc - as it was he didn't give me a ticket, most likely because I wasn't speeding that much (52 in a 45), have a completely clean driving record, and was very polite and apologetic. Suffice to say I have watched my speed more carefully since then!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Addicted2Iron View Post
                              the other day i stopped a car for speeding and a very large man gets out in a "police style" security uniforn. his uniform includes: silver badge on his chest that says security, gun belt with flashlight, cuffs pouches with cuffs, radio holder, oc spray holder, and gun holster! he has a terrible attitude and wants to know why i didnt stop the car in front of him for speeding.

                              when i tell him that i'm gonna write him a ticket for excessive speed and for his 3 small children who are not restrained (one is a newborn baby) he gets upset and tells me that he donates money to "us" all the time. (i'm a state trooper, and i find a FOP sticker on his windshield fron 1998! he then starts complaing that its messed up that i'm writing him a ticket when he is a police officer, just like me. his terrible attitude makes me VERY suspicious...i run his CH and find he has been arrested about a dozen times for a wide variety of offenses. i run warrants on him and dispatch notifies me that he has 6 active warrants out of various departments in north louisiana!

                              when i brought this big fella (6'2'' 240) into the parish jail, all the corrections deputys start snickering. apparently they all know him and one said it made their day watching me bring him in in his "police" uniform.
                              So was this guy even a security guard? I mean how could he be if he had warrants?

                              Originally posted by RDEP View Post
                              Silver Security badge...$25.00

                              Leather duty gear...$125.00

                              Being arrested and taken to jail in your "police" uniform...Priceless

                              Some things money can buy, for everything else, there's the Sheriff's Office!
                              I just have to wonder that like 10 or 20 years ago did people pull this impersonator **** or is this something that has started lately?

                              Originally posted by Armitage View Post
                              While I do wear a "badge" at work (that clearly says "security supervisor"), I would never think of wearing it off duty, putting it in my wallet, or any of the other things some security folk do which give the rest of us a bad name.

                              Because my uniform is very "cop like" in appearance, I also try to at least wear my civilian jacket over it if I go into stores on the way to/from work - to avoid some of the aforementioned situations like being mistaken for a cop or store security if an incident happens while I'm shopping.

                              I did get pulled over on the way to work a few weeks back, while wearing the uniform, but didn't use it to attempt to get any type of favor or anything - the cop did notice it and asked where I worked, then recognised me as I've helped him out a few times with bringing combative patients into the ER etc - as it was he didn't give me a ticket, most likely because I wasn't speeding that much (52 in a 45), have a completely clean driving record, and was very polite and apologetic. Suffice to say I have watched my speed more carefully since then!
                              This is great! There should be more security that would want to act this way but because most companies don't give a damn and because the training is quite inadequate everything can happen. The security companies should also be little more careful who they hire. Too many wannabes out there (wonder where do they come from).

                              When I used to work security and if the store I was supposed to guard was near the place I lived I used walk there (like two or three blocks) my security uniform on but I always used a civilian jacket to cover the uniform. I did this also because many stores didn't have guard's booth or any places to change to work uniform... :/

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by JAR_fin View Post
                                When I used to work security and if the store I was supposed to guard was near the place I lived I used walk there (like two or three blocks) my security uniform on but I always used a civilian jacket to cover the uniform. I did this also because many stores didn't have guard's booth or any places to change to work uniform... :/
                                I just have to ask. You've been in the Navy, and used to work security, etc... and you're only 20. How long is a Navy enlistment in Finland? Or were you involuntarily separated?
                                Invisible Signature.......FAIL

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 2655 users online. 128 members and 2527 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X