Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jury Duty

I have 3 days off. Mon. Tues. Wed.

On Monday I had Jury Duty and was advised to return on Wed.
    On Tuesday I had mandatory legislature (new laws) training.
    On Wednesday I had Jury Duty and was advised the case got dismissed, but another court needed jurors so I have to show up next Monday (again on my day off)

Why couldn't I have it on my work day.

On a good note I'll make 40 dollars a day for jury duty. My checks in the mail.

Thank God for the automatic jury exemption for sworn in Cali.
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I was on jury duty about a month ago and when the judge asked if anyone needed to be excused for anything OTHER than work, school, single parent, etc, etc. about half the people got in line. I never realized there were that many single parent to a disabled person, had no transportation, were agrophobic and swine flu.

It was very difficult to sit there and listen to these people......

Comment

I hate jury duty. I used to look forward to becoming of the age for me to get picked. Now I dread it everytime I get called up.
        "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
        Not Yet Visited: 16
        Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I recieved my first-ever notice of jury duty last November. I was on Thanksgiving break from school the week I was supposed to serve. I didn't have to go in a single day that week. I was kind of dissapointed though because I could have used the experience in one of my research papers. Oh well, I have the feeling I'll be spending my fair share of time in court in the (hopefuly) not too distant future.

Comment

I went in wearing my "CHARLIE MANSON WAS FRAMED" T-shirt and they said the pool was already full.

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
              Thank God for the automatic jury exemption for sworn in Cali.
              Because I am a reserve officer, I am not automatically exempt.

I actually was put on the panel and was excused by the prosecutor, who also excused another lawyer, who advised insurance companies in coverage disputes. Apparently, she was afraid that we might actually understand the legal issues.

The case might have been interesting, because it was an ADW in a rehab facility, and the defense was insanity.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                I went in wearing my "CHARLIE MANSON WAS FRAMED" T-shirt and they said the pool was already full.

Damn Jas,,, Me too !!!!! But I use tha' unibomber !!!
                Originally posted by mookster
                Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                Originally posted by CityCopDC
                I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                  Were they talking gene pool or jury pool?
                  It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I had jury duty a few months ago on my day off and sat on a panel for a traffic accident. After all the usual blabber, I asked if there was a 10-50 report and if there was I was going to believe the officer. When she asked why I told her that I take accident reports and everyone and their mothers lies to me at the scene so i'm going to take the cop's word on what happened. Needless to say I wasnt picked and went home.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6778 users online. 367 members and 6411 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X