Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama calls Kanye West a jackass

Obama calls Kanye West a jackass

President Barack Obama has labelled rap star Kanye West a "jackass" for interrupting Taylor Swift's winning speech at the MTV Awards on Sunday.

West stormed the stage in New York to tell the crowd Beyonce should have won the prize for best female video.

Since then, he has called Swift personally to apologise.

Speaking before a TV interview, Mr Obama said: "I thought it was inappropriate, it's like she's getting an award, why are you butting in?"

He added: "The young lady seems like a perfectly nice person, she's getting her award, what's he doing up there?"

Chatting with CNBC reporter John Harwood, Mr Obama made an off-the-cuff remark: "He's a jackass."

The comments came to light after ABC News staff mentioned them on Twitter.

The network said some of its employees had overheard a conversation between the president and Mr Harwood and did not realise it was off the record.

The network apologised to the White House and CNBC and removed the Twitter posts.

An audio recording of the remarks was later posted on showbiz website TMZ.

Since the incident at the MTV Awards, West has admitted he was in the wrong and has said sorry.

Swift told ABC News Radio that the rapper called her after the ceremony. "He was very sincere in his apology and I accepted that apology," she said.

But she told the US chat show The View, that his behaviour had "rattled" her.

"I had to perform live five minutes later, so I had to get myself back to the place where I could perform."

West, who was booed every time he appeared on stage after the incident, also wrote on his blog afterwards about how sorry he was to have ruined Swift's big moment.
    sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Kanye West is a jackass!

I think this is the first comment made by our prez that does not make him sound like a used car salesman...

The above comments reflect the personal and unofficial opinions of the poster; and in no way should be taken to indicate any opinion or policy of any government agency.

Comment

Originally posted by TXLawdog77 View Post
      Kanye West is a jackass!

I think this is the first comment made by our prez that does not make him sound like a used car salesman...
      +1

Comment

See, Obama does tell the truth sometimes.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree that Kenye is a jackass but one thing that does bother me is that the president keeps making comments on people in the news. He made a personal comment on the cops who arrested his friend and now on the VMA. I just think that the president needs to watch was he says due to his position.

I heard a Senator from Georgia was angry at the guy who called the President a liar and the Senator made a reference to the KKK because of that incident. Why does disagreeing with the President have to be a racial issue. Sorry if I hijacked the thread.
          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Doesn't the president have more important things to worry about than a stupid award show?

Comment

Obama calling him a Jackass would be considered a professional opinion.
              Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Holy cow, I agree with Obama on something.... I'm feeling a little faint. I have to sit down...
                Originally posted by kontemplerande
                Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                  Holy cow, I agree with Obama on something.... I'm feeling a little faint. I have to sit down...
                  Damn liberal.
                  Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                      Have a couple of beers....it worked for me...

Comment

Originally posted by alexg View Post
                        Doesn't the president have more important things to worry about than a stupid award show?
                        He was just chatting it up before an actual interview, and he was asked if his daughters were as annoyed as the reporter's daughter at the Kanye West, Taylor Swift thing. The guy still has a life, the whole "incident" was about 20 seconds long, and it doesn't take that much time out of his life to see it and form the opinion that Kanye West is a jackass.

Comment

Kanye West is a jackass!

+2
                          The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                            See, Obama does tell the truth sometimes.
                            Yep.

Once so far.

Comment

No he told the truth twice....He got the girls the puppy (Bo)...
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2959 users online. 142 members and 2817 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X