Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greyhound Buses???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greyhound Buses???

    Just a thought, I was possibly debating to take a greyhound bus ride instead of driving 6+ hours to visit family in the future, I was wondering does anyone know the issue with carrying your firearm while riding a greyhound bus?

    I ask because I have never riden a greyhound bus before, and I have no idea what the rules are on this topic, because I take it, it would be different than flying armed.

    I am a FED LEO, I will be carrying badge and Creds with firearm as usual.

    Preferably LEO's answer or people with CCW that have been in the situation, none of this he/she said, my friends brother's sister's type answers.

    Thank you

  • #2
    i'd take some kind of protection. the types of people who ride the bus aren't exactly model citizens. yeah, many people are afraid of flying. then there are the special ones....you know, those rare ones. you never know while you're sleeping, the person next to you may be plotting your demise. you may end up waking up being stabbed repeatedly, gurgling on your own blood, and eventually beheaded after you're dead, lying in a pool of your own blood.

    Comment


    • #3
      Haha, case closed I will take my truck.

      Comment


      • #4
        I work for Greyhound (a very small, commission based station though) and as far as I know, no. (This hasn't been brought up at all, because we don't search bags or anything at my station I work at) Those bigger company stations, like Atlanta, Jacksonville, Orlando, New York, etc etc etc will do some sort of security screen.

        Are you taking it for business purposes? When I pick up my paycheck tomorrow, I will inquire about that for you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
          Haha, case closed I will take my truck.
          wise decision. the last time i was on a greyhound bus was due to the company being too cheap for airline tickets. i spent 16 gnarly hours sitting next to some real "geniuses" who reeked of the magical grass. one of them was obviously fresh out of prison.

          Comment


          • #6
            But then again, I've had the SWAT team board one of the buses with mp5's, dogs, cans of mace, etc....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BBM View Post
              I work for Greyhound (a very small, commission based station though) and as far as I know, no. (This hasn't been brought up at all, because we don't search bags or anything at my station I work at) Those bigger company stations, like Atlanta, Jacksonville, Orlando, New York, etc etc etc will do some sort of security screen.

              Are you taking it for business purposes? When I pick up my paycheck tomorrow, I will inquire about that for you.
              The trip would be for pleasure as me being in Law enforcement Fed Leo, I dont check the mail without my gun. lol

              BBM, Thank You

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Syncrosonix View Post
                wise decision. the last time i was on a greyhound bus was due to the company being too cheap for airline tickets. i spent 16 gnarly hours sitting next to some real "geniuses" who reeked of the magical grass. one of them was obviously fresh out of prison.
                I take it back, i did ride one once before I was in the 7th grade and going to DC on a school trip, wasnt bad as best as I can remember yet i was on there with just school kids and teachers. LOL

                Comment


                • #9
                  From A to B flying would cost approx. 600 bucks, and riding the bus would cost 100 bucks.

                  I will probably just drive my truck and spend $150 in gas.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't know what's worse, getting your head cut off on a Greyhound bus, or derailing on (R)Amtrak...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BBM View Post
                      I don't know what's worse, getting your head cut off on a Greyhound bus, or derailing on (R)Amtrak...
                      I will take the derailing, maybe i could survive somehow or not.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
                        From A to B flying would cost approx. 600 bucks, and riding the bus would cost 100 bucks.

                        I will probably just drive my truck and spend $150 in gas.
                        So it's a medium range trip then? You MAY be able to get away with it if you just put your firearm in your check bag. Then again, you're gonna have to worry about the worthless security, the ghetto handling your bag, then offering to take it for you and getting it lost forever. Yeah, not a good idea.
                        Last edited by BBM; 09-12-2009, 09:09 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BBM View Post
                          So it's a medium range trip then? You MAY be able to get away with it if you just put your firearm in your check bag. Then again, you're gonna have to worry about the worthless security, the ghetto handling your bag, then offering to take it for you and getting it lost forever. Yeah, not a good idea.
                          No, I am not checking bags, I would be carrying a tactical backpack with some clothes in it, I would be gone for 2-3 days.

                          I was thinking i would stuff it inside a IWB holster with jacket as usual and be joe blow citizen.

                          Do you have to walk through a metal detector or be wanded?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As for the trip it is a 8 hour bus ride I already checked on the greyhound website but I dont think riding this bus will be good, I will probably just drive.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Depends on what stations you're going to switch buses. Make sure you have your CCW, and your PD credentials just in case too.

                              Comment

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 11909 users online. 502 members and 11407 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X