300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best vehicle for short teens - HELP

My daughter is just months away from getting a learner's permit. I'm starting my search for a used vehicle to get for her. Problem is, I have no idea what type of vehicle is good for a 4'9" tall teenager (Dr doesn't expect her to reach 5'). I plan to go to auto shows and the State Fair of Texas and just put her in a bunch of vehicles to find out what might fit her. But I thought I'd put it out to O.com to see if anybody could shorten the list of possible vehicles for me.

Hyundai Accent
    Smaller car, great milage, run forever
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Comment

2009 Ford Focus. I have one, I'm 6'1", but it's great for short people too. FANTASTIC mileage, I get 30 mpg average in the city!

SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
          Now that's funny Taylor!

Problem is I don't think I could ever convince her on that one ----- or convince her mom that it was safe!!!

Comment

Thats because it isn't...

Comment

Honda Fit...
              sigpic

Comment

While your daughter is short I think her survival is still valuable to her parents, small tiny ****box of a car for a beginning driver is just asking to get squshed in an accident.

I think something like a 97 Cadillac Seville with a big V8- and lots of metal electric seats adjusted way forward and up and tilt wheel extended and set where she can reach it, that will get 30 plus MPH on the high way and she won't end up a pancake when she has her first wreck.

Comment

toyota celica. those were built for short people. a mitsubishi eclipse will also work.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                    While your daughter is short I think her survival is still valuable to her parents, small tiny ****box of a car for a beginning driver is just asking to get squshed in an accident.

I think something like a 97 Cadillac Seville with a big V8- and lots of metal electric seats adjusted way forward and up and tilt wheel extended and set where she can reach it, that will get 30 plus MPH on the high way and she won't end up a pancake when she has her first wreck.

Or a 1962 Chevy BelAire Station Wagon. Built like a tank.
                    He would have as much of a chance getting a 16 yr old female to accept the Chevy as he would the Caddy. Or the SmartCar.

Originally posted by Syncrosonix View Post
                    toyota celica. those were built for short people. a mitsubishi eclipse will also work.
                    Loved my 1981 Celica
                    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 09-10-2009, 06:35 PM.
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Tha professor says,

Just put a bunch of bricks or thangs on all tha' pedals....I'ts highly scientific but the end result is a shorter stroke fer tha' legs....
                      Originally posted by mookster
                      Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                      Originally posted by CityCopDC
                      I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                      Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                      I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                      -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Ford Ranger
                        "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

I like the way Hineline is thinking. Maybe a tank with blocks on the pedals!!!

I also thought about small trucks. The idea was met with more than a little resistance. After putting her in several vehicles, I'll probably get what I feel is best no matter what she believes is cool or uncool.

I wonder if I can find my first car --- 1967 Dodge Monaco ------ Now that was a tank!!!!! Im sure she would just love it

Comment

Honda Accords are very good in safety, not sure about the whole height thing. Go to a dealer and have her sit in one, that might help it..

Comment

I'm 6'03" and drive a 2003 Honda Accord. With the seat all the forward and up she reaches the pedal just fine. Problem is, the steering wheel is in her chest. It's just a bad fit somehow.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6361 users online. 344 members and 6017 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X