Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is now 09/09/09 at 09:09:09

Just a crazy thing. So cool.
    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

not over here
    but yes it is weird when the dates go in chronological order or they are the same across the board

Comment

Originally posted by NextGenOfc View Post
      not over here
      but yes it is weird when the dates go in chronological order or they are the same across the board
      LOL Yeah I agree! I guess I'm just on west coast time, but it's still cool, I agree!

Comment

Next year it'll be...

10/10/10 at 10:10:10...
        sigpic

Comment

It's 12:48 now so I guess we all survived the horror of all those 9s. I guess that means I still have to pay my mortgage.
          http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

it's 09/09/2009 and it no more rare than 09/10/2009

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
              it's 09/09/2009 and it no more rare than 09/10/2009
              Yea, um, I figured that. just wanted to post a thread anyways, because I think it's an interesting thing. And next year I will post another thread called "It's now 10/10/10 at 10:10:10. Have a little fun with it.

Comment

The world didn't end at the last minute? Phew...wait... I still have to pay my taxes? Shucks...

Comment

What's so special about this date?
                  "It's not how they die, but how they live that makes them a hero."

Originally posted by George Carlin
                  You are not a loser, you are the last winner.

Comment

Its my brothers birthday.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is as far as the Mayan calender goes.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                        Unfortunately, this is as far as the Mayan calender goes.
                        Not so fast Casper...

Ya know tha' term Zip, right???

Tha Mayans along w/ Tha' Egyptians had a most excellent solar calender....
                        They used Base 20 so they naturally divided up thar' year in 18 months of 20 days each, totali'in 360 days..A special period of five days at tha end, called Uayeb, brought tha count ta' 365.

Unlike tha' Egyptians, though, the Mayans had a Zero in thar' count'in system, so they did tha rught and obvious thang: They started numbering days with tha' number zero. Tha first day of tha' month of Zip, for example, was usually called tha' "installation" or "seat'in' of Zip.

tha' next day was 1 Zip, tha' follow'in day 2 Zip and so on ta' they reached 19 Zip.

Tha Next day was tha "seat'in" of Zota

This Mayan Calender was wounderfully complicated.., they also had a ritual calender that had 20 weeks, each hav'in 13 days...combined with thier solar year, this created a calender round that had a different name fer every day in a 52 day cycle...

The Myans were well aware of tha' number Zero, Unlike Tha Romans and Egyptians....

This had far reach'in implications... from tha' church to empires, most of it bloody....

Have a wonderfull day...

Tha' Professor Of War...
                        Originally posted by mookster
                        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                        Originally posted by CityCopDC
                        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

That must be why there are zero Mayans around these days.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                            That must be why there are zero Mayans around these days.
                            HeeHeee O' ya so FunnY Mr. JaSpEr!!!

You MuSt be SanTa clause!!!!
                            Originally posted by mookster
                            Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                            Originally posted by CityCopDC
                            I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                            Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                            I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                            -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6354 users online. 363 members and 5991 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X