Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whale Wars

Those people are nutz...

Yeah they are, the 2nd mate of whatever looks to be perhaps the nerdiest person on the earth....kind of a cool show to watch though.
    "The ultimate test of a man's conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard."

Hilarious:

"I read your first line, and came to the conclusion that you're an idiot."

-StudChris

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/showthread...ght=whale+wars

Comment

Why you ruining my thread? I've hurt folks for less...

Comment

I do it from time to time. It's nothing personal.

Comment

I understand what they're trying to do, but at the same time those fools need to get their asses handed to them by one of the ships they're constantly harrassing, throwing sh*t on/at, or otherwise doing something out of their league.

I don't know how common it is for a Japanese whaling ship to have weapons onboard, but when those activists get shot or have their ship blown out of the water, I'll be the first to say, "I told you so..."

Comment

Ya, if they were smart, the Japs would sabotage the ship by getting inside. Just act like some hippie, apply, get on the ship and chop up whales in front of them..

Comment

Paul Watson is a known extremist, anyway.

Comment

I think they are criminals and don't understand how they can get away with it. If the crew of a whaler shot one or two of them when the eco-terrorists illegally boarded one of their vessels, maybe that would slow their roll.
                  Last edited by just joe; 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM.

Comment

The Japanese are violating the law, but allowed to continue. The members of the Steve Irwin are nothing more that pirates hiding behind the Dutch Flag and the premise of fighting for the whales. The guy that was on last season that left, forget his name, was a complete ****** and has zero regard for human life.
                    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Anybody down for Whale Sushi tonight, my treat.

Comment

Wife was flipping through the channels last night, came across the show, and just had to call me over to see the "idiots" in action as she called them. I walked in just in time to see the hippies purposely ram the japs, That to me is a total disregard for any life, if you want to save the whales that is fine not my cup of tea, but to act as a terrorist is not helping to further your cause in the eyes of people like me.
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Nuts? No, these people are eco-terrorists and should be treated as such.

Comment

The Japs need to be ready the next time those eco-terrorists come around.

Comment

(disclaimer) Haven't seen the show...and have missed how the whalers protect themselves from the reckless nuts...

BUT.......cruise ships and Navy use LRAD's as one level of seemingly effective protection...

...let's say whalers can't / don't carry guns...for whatever legal, political, ethical reason.... ...couldn't they try LRAD's to protect their ship AND their lives?
                              Last edited by socalres; 09-09-2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5067 users online. 287 members and 4780 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X