Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montana vs Alaska vs Colorado

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Montana vs Alaska vs Colorado

    Which of these states would you rather live in? For those of you that have been to any of them, please tell me what its like. I plan to move to one of them after I graduate.......

  • #2
    Colorado...I've never been there, but I've heard it's nice...They have a major city (Denver), they have a lot of outdoors stuff too...
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I grew up in Montana, and with mountains and all it is absolutely beautiful! I'm looking at getting in laterally to Alaska on their AST division. Colorado, I've never been there. Hands down, Montana is an absolutely wonderful place to raise children, and it is wide open. Just plan to make an hour trip for groceries, and see absolutely nothing except mountains, or hills. That next town little Johnnie needs to stop in for tinkle, may only have a couple houses, and one gas station:0.
      Most people fail because they trade what they want MOST, for what they want at the MOMENT.

      The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, WHO can know it?
      -Jeremiah 17:9

      Is it any surprise that cops don't trust anyone?

      Comment


      • #4
        I've been to Alaska....Anchorage in fact, and we also went up to Denali park.

        Alaska is a rugged, but beautiful country. Mountains everywhere! From a flatlander like me, it never got old waking up to see the awesomeness of those mountains. I was there in May, and the weather was perfect. A little chilly, but no humid bite to it...the days were long....VERY long...daylight from about 5am- 12 am. That was the hardest thing to get used to. It would be daylight at 11:30 at night, but everything was closed.

        The landscape hadn't greened up yet. It was still brown, and kinda dead looking. Still, it was just...rugged. If you like that sort of thing, you'll like Alaska. I could live there, no problem.


        But I hear the winters SUCK! Might want to have a vacation home in Florida for Winter. 3 nights where it gets down to 20 is better then 3 weeks where it don't get above 0.
        "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

        Comment


        • #5
          Alaska!!!! No other choice! And the winters RULE if you ride snowmachines!

          Comment


          • #6
            I love Colorado. After visiting the state frequently during high school and college, I moved here from MN 8 days after I graduated college. Climate is perfect - not too cold, hot, or humid. Scenery is beautiful. Plenty of outdoor activities, year-round.

            Comment


            • #7
              montana is wide open. there used to be no speed limits up there. too bad those days are long gone. some of yellowstone national park is there. the other piece of it is in wyoming. butte isn't too shabby. it's a college town with lots o' hawt wimmin folk running around. many of them work at the all nude strip club in rocker. it's a dinky town on butte's west side. the problem with montana is that it's too damn cold there during the winter. however, if you LOVE the outdoors, you'll LOVE montana.

              colorado is the state i plan on living in at some point in the future. it's just a matter of finding employment where i can afford to live here on my own, without roommates. the whole state is pretty, the people are laid back, denver is an awesome sports and music city, colorado springs is less than 80 miles south of denver, wolf creek ski resort along us160 in south-central colorado, pagosa springs, durango, cortez, vail, fort collins, greeley, i can go on and on. my heart is in the denver area, though. during the winter, they actually make use of the de-icing stuff. it works quite well. yeah, you'll end up having the brown sludge on your ride, but that doesn't really matter. it's better than the sand they use in montana. if you want fireworks, you don't have to drive very far. just make a trip to wyoming. go on i-25, take exit 2, and you'll see all kinds of fireworks warehouses that are located just off the freeway. colorado is absolutely beautiful during this time of the year. one more thing, if you want the BEST DAMN CINNAMON ROLLS IN THE WORLD, go to johnson's corner in loveland. it's located off of i-25, exit 254.

              as for alaska, i couldn't help you on that. i have never been there.

              Comment


              • #8
                Colorado's nice except for the recent influx of Texans & hmmmm, errrrr, uhhhhh, Californians.

                If you want real wide open space with less people, I'd go with MT, or AK.
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

                Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

                Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I would eat my own face to live in Alaska.

                  M-11
                  “All men dream...... But not equally..
                  Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                  but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                  for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

                  TE Lawrence

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                    Colorado's nice except for the recent influx of Texans & hmmmm, errrrr, uhhhhh, Californians.

                    If you want real wide open space with less people, I'd go with MT, or AK.
                    How crowded is colorado? People keep saying its really crowded there now. Where I live now there are certain places I can't even go at certain times of day because I will literally just sit in traffic. I definitely dont want that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Alaska.....
                      'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Western Montana is far superior to any other place on earth, but I guess I'm a little biased.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
                          How crowded is colorado? People keep saying its really crowded there now. Where I live now there are certain places I can't even go at certain times of day because I will literally just sit in traffic. I definitely dont want that.
                          i was just in colorado yesterday and a little bit of today. traffic isn't nearly as bad as the traffic along i-81 between hagerstown, md and bristol, va, and i-95 between new york city and richmond, va. hell, it's not even nearly as bad as traffic in so-cal, or chicago. basically, in a nutshell, traffic in denver isn't squat compared to those cities.

                          as i've already stated, denver is an awesome city for music and sports. music-wise, they quite literally have a bit of everything ranging from polka to the most extreme stuff out there. denver is a bit dense, though. if you want more wide open space, check out aurora or go 50 miles north to fort collins. fort collins is also less than an hour away from cheyenne, wy. if you don't want to go to fort collins, take a drive for about and hour and a half south into colorado springs. that city is downright pretty. pueblo isn't too shabby either. it's about 30 miles south of colorado springs.

                          i have relatives in thornton. unfortunately i don't get to see them much. when i'm going to be in the denver area for longer than a day, they're always busy with other things. one of my uncles, who's now retired from the LE shindig, has complications from agent orange. he's always having to go to the hospital for something. it's quite sad, really.

                          at any rate, i'm just a truck driver, a headache, and an eyesore to most people out there on the roadway. i don't really get to see the more pretty side of towns. i do have serious plans on getting my butt to the denver area some time before 2011. what i really enjoy is that people i've encountered have been very laid back, somewhat carefree. for me, that goes quite a long way.
                          Last edited by Syncrosonix; 09-05-2009, 06:46 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Montana. I would live in Montana and have a 1000 acre cattle ranch. That would be cool. That would make my 5 acre look tiny.
                            "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Syncrosonix View Post
                              montana is wide open. there used to be no speed limits up there. too bad those days are long gone. some of yellowstone national park is there. the other piece of it is in wyoming. butte isn't too shabby. it's a college town with lots o' hawt wimmin folk running around. many of them work at the all nude strip club in rocker. it's a dinky town on butte's west side. the problem with montana is that it's too damn cold there during the winter. however, if you LOVE the outdoors, you'll LOVE montana.

                              colorado is the state i plan on living in at some point in the future. it's just a matter of finding employment where i can afford to live here on my own, without roommates. the whole state is pretty, the people are laid back, denver is an awesome sports and music city, colorado springs is less than 80 miles south of denver, wolf creek ski resort along us160 in south-central colorado, pagosa springs, durango, cortez, vail, fort collins, greeley, i can go on and on. my heart is in the denver area, though. during the winter, they actually make use of the de-icing stuff. it works quite well. yeah, you'll end up having the brown sludge on your ride, but that doesn't really matter. it's better than the sand they use in montana. if you want fireworks, you don't have to drive very far. just make a trip to wyoming. go on i-25, take exit 2, and you'll see all kinds of fireworks warehouses that are located just off the freeway. colorado is absolutely beautiful during this time of the year. one more thing, if you want the BEST DAMN CINNAMON ROLLS IN THE WORLD, go to johnson's corner in loveland. it's located off of i-25, exit 254.

                              as for alaska, i couldn't help you on that. i have never been there.
                              Originally posted by Syncrosonix View Post
                              i was just in colorado yesterday and a little bit of today. traffic isn't nearly as bad as the traffic along i-81 between hagerstown, md and bristol, va, and i-95 between new york city and richmond, va. hell, it's not even nearly as bad as traffic in so-cal, or chicago. basically, in a nutshell, traffic in denver isn't squat compared to those cities.

                              as i've already stated, denver is an awesome city for music and sports. music-wise, they quite literally have a bit of everything ranging from polka to the most extreme stuff out there. denver is a bit dense, though. if you want more wide open space, check out aurora or go 50 miles north to fort collins. fort collins is also less than an hour away from cheyenne, wy. if you don't want to go to fort collins, take a drive for about and hour and a half south into colorado springs. that city is downright pretty. pueblo isn't too shabby either. it's about 30 miles south of colorado springs.

                              i have relatives in thornton. unfortunately i don't get to see them much. when i'm going to be in the denver area for longer than a day, they're always busy with other things. one of my uncles, who's now retired from the LE shindig, has complications from agent orange. he's always having to go to the hospital for something. it's quite sad, really.

                              at any rate, i'm just a truck driver, a headache, and an eyesore to most people out there on the roadway. i don't really get to see the more pretty side of towns. i do have serious plans on getting my butt to the denver area some time before 2011. what i really enjoy is that people i've encountered have been very laid back, somewhat carefree. for me, that goes quite a long way.
                              I love the cold and the snow so montana sounds fine.

                              when you say denver is good for sports, what type of sports do you mean?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4690 users online. 242 members and 4448 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X