300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydroxycut Goes Bye-bye

Just thought I'd share this if anyone here takes this cr*p....hopefully not, but just in case....

FDA Announces Recall Of Diet Pill Hydroxycut
    Liver Damage, Other Health Problems Reported

WASHINGTON -- Government health officials announced the recall of popular weight loss pill Hydroxycut, after reports of liver damage and other health problems.

Food and Drug Administration officials said Friday that Iovate Health Sciences Inc., of Oakville, Ontario, the manufacturer of Hydroxycut, has launched a nationwide recall of the dietary supplement, used by people trying to shed pounds and by body builders to sharpen their muscles.

"The FDA urges consumers to discontinue use of Hydroxycut products in order to avoid any undue risk. Adverse events are rare, but exist. Consumers should consult a physician or other health care professional if they are experiencing symptoms possibly associated with these products," said Linda Katz, M.D., interim chief medical officer of the FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition.

The FDA has received 23 reports of serious health problems, including liver damage requiring a liver transplant, according to a FDA's Web site. The FDA also has received a report of one death due to liver failure. Other reported health problems include seizures, cardiovascular disorders and rhabdomyolysis, a type of muscle damage.

Hydroxycut is advertised as made from natural ingredients. It accounts for about 90 percent of the market for weight loss supplements, with sales of about 1 million bottles a year.

Dietary supplements are not as tightly regulated by the government as medications. Manufacturers don't need FDA approval ahead of time before marketing their products. The list of products being recalled by Iovate currently includes:

Hydroxycut Regular Rapid Release Caplets
    Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Rapid Release Caplets
    Hydroxycut Hardcore Liquid Caplets
    Hydroxycut Max Liquid Caplets
    Hydroxycut Regular Drink Packets
    Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Drink Packets
    Hydroxycut Hardcore Drink Packets (Ignition Stix)
    Hydroxycut Max Drink Packets
    Hydroxycut Liquid Shots
    Hydroxycut Hardcore RTDs (Ready-to-Drink)
    Hydroxycut Max Aqua Shed
    Hydroxycut 24
    Hydroxycut Carb Control
    Hydroxycut Natural

http://www.kmbc.com/health/19341984/detail.html?taf=kc1
    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

It's about time. That stuff is so fake and bad for you.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Good. So much hype, and so dangerous.

I'm reading a great book about the weight charts and how they arent true either. It has the history of how they were created... and that was even flawed.

Comment

Well those charts dont take in to account a lot of the factors that make us different.....

Bones structure, body structure, boobs, muscles, etc.

Comment

I know of an officer that takes this crap. I told him to just go to the gym. I bet he will go work out after reading this.....at least I really hope so.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Smurfette
          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
          Originally posted by DAL
          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Hydroxycut and all other weightloss gimics are a joke, they have been proven that they don't work. A good daily diet and exercise is all you need!
            ---------------------------------------------------
            HEROES WILL BE REMEMBERED BUT LEGENDS NEVER DIE!!!
            YOU DONT NEED A BELT TO BE A CHAMPION!!!
            PAIN IS ONLY FEAR!!!

Comment

that sucks. hydroxycut was pretty decent.

Comment

First it was "Dreamaway", then "Hydroxicut", what's next??? Am I going to have to eat less and exercise more? I think the world is coming to an end.
                "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by cbr600_kitty View Post
                  Well those charts dont take in to account a lot of the factors that make us different.....

Bones structure, body structure, boobs, muscles, etc.
                  Yep, exactly. And family history... it was discussing looking back over old family photos... sometimes it's amazing how much bodies are alike. And not just in weight, in the exact way they are built.

Comment

It is a waste of money too for those who bought it. Save your money and join a gym!
                    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                    Not Yet Visited: 16
                    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Well a lot of people use it while working out at the gym......so some people were still doing the right thing, but thinking this type of dangerous drug would assist them.....

Theres a REASONNNNNNN it cant get FDA approved.....

Comment

My roommate wrestled in high school and said they took it all the time, and he swore by its usefulness in helping him cut weight. That was also back in the day before they banned ephedra. He said it was useless after they took the ephedra out.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

I'm sure it's useful in losing weight... so is crack, and heroin

It also can kill ya.

Comment

I don't know what this thing is about "natural" ingredients.

Arsenic is natural.
                            Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                            Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                            A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                              I'm sure it's useful in losing weight... so is crack

Commonly referred to as the stem fast diet.
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10377 users online. 373 members and 10004 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X