X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CruiserClass
    replied
    These threads always entertain me.

Personally, if I wanted to be around a bunch of other people I'd ride the bus. Riding two up usually means there is one too many people on the bike, and if you've got an intercom so your passenger can bother you then you probably should have just taken the minivan anyway. I've let my wife on the back of the Goldwing a time or two, but the 8-ball is just for me.

Your milage may vary. If you need the companionship or the hobby, knock yourself out. Just because they have a sergeant at arms, dues, chapters, and bylaws doesn't make the American Legion a criminal gang, and neither does a patch and rocker.

*on edit*
    And how did this thread get drug back up after lying dormant for 5 months with almost no activity? Huh.

Leave a comment:

• Nobody
    replied
    I like pie.............
    Last edited by Nobody; 09-18-2009, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Slaughter
    replied
    Are you insinuating that I'm "crying" about this?

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    Which are?
    Don't dress up like a wannabe OMGer....

And if you do....don't cry because other Cops think you are a scumbag for trying to play one....

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
    Is this all it takes to be a gangsta 3-patch, if so I think that it's hard to compare these things to gangster motorcycle hoodlums.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/US-MA...Q5fMerchandise
    You get some hard core OMGers......someone might have an issue with it if you go into the wrong place at the wrong time... just sayin....

Leave a comment:

• David Hineline
    replied
    Is this all it takes to be a gangsta 3-patch, if so I think that it's hard to compare these things to gangster motorcycle hoodlums.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/US-MA...Q5fMerchandise

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Slaughter
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    I guess myself and the folks I hang out with (riders and non-riders) have issues with others trying to play OMG by wearing patches and flying colors..... Looks like they are wannabe OMGers.....

Guess that's why I hang out with the folks that I do....they have the same LE values I have....not those of wannabe OMGers......
    Which are?

(For the record, I don't ride - yet. When I do, I see nothing wrong with riding with other cops who are NOT engaged in criminal activity. You'd think in at least one of those conferences you went to that they would have told you what a "gang" is statutorily defined as. They did when I went to mine, here.)
    Last edited by Sgt. Slaughter; 09-06-2009, 07:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Hmmm. I didn't see the Iron Pigs slingin' dope, running a whore house, doing murder for hire OR operating a meth lab. By the same token, I guess H.O.G. Harley Owner's Group and STAR Riders are wanna-be OMG'ers because they have their own patches and ride bikes.

OH NO! I watched 2 HA members get in a pickup truck last week at the grocery store. I guess shopping at the store AND owning/operating a pickup truck make me a wanna be OMG'er too? Get real.
    I guess myself and the folks I hang out with (riders and non-riders) have issues with others trying to play OMG by wearing patches and flying colors..... Looks like they are wannabe OMGers.....

Guess that's why I hang out with the folks that I do....they have the same LE values I have....not those of wannabe OMGers......

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Slaughter
    replied
    Hmmm. I didn't see the Iron Pigs slingin' dope, running a whore house, doing murder for hire OR operating a meth lab. By the same token, I guess H.O.G. Harley Owner's Group and STAR Riders are wanna-be OMG'ers because they have their own patches and ride bikes.

OH NO! I watched 2 HA members get in a pickup truck last week at the grocery store. I guess shopping at the store AND owning/operating a pickup truck make me a wanna be OMG'er too? Get real.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Bet those guys would have had no issues had they not being trying to be wanna be OMG'ers by wearing colors into the place....

And yes, I've gone to 2-3 OMG Conferences after this event and all of the OMG experts just roll their eyes at what happened.....when asked....and ususally make the comment that had they not tried to play OMG....they would have never had an issue.....

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Slaughter
    replied
    The difference between Sturgis which is a huge money-making event and good-time release for the entire motorcycle community (100% of riders, including OMG's) and Prison Runs (1%ers) should be readily apparent.

According to the article I referenced previously, the place Bearcat linked to is know by the locals and those who attend the Sturgis rally to be a cop-friendly place and OMG's do not go in there. Speculation is that HA's entered (most likely) because their intel stated that a particular officer was going to be there. This officer was involved in a case which put away several members and the 81 crew wanted retribution. Every HA member that went in to the Grand Jury hearing invoked their 5th Amendment rights.

The cops were in a place where they were legally allowed to be. I see no difference between that and me going down the street to Applebee's. If a bunch of HA's come in, I'm not gonna be scared off. If we just stop going places where OMG's might be, since we don't want any confrontation, what kind of signal does that send to them?

Cops should not be 3rd class citizens restricted from enjoying the same freedom as the other 99% of the motorcycle public because we are at odds with 1% of that group due to the job that we do.

Leave a comment:

• ShantyIrish
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    Hmmmm....in this restaurant: www.loudamericanroadhouseI.com t's a heavy metal bar that has a restaurant.....not some place I would be during Sturgis....and one would think a LEO would have better sense to be in there as well....but that's just me...You're right, that's just you. Looks like just about any other bar/restaurant/with a stage, open your eyes, they're everywhere....Just because YOU won't go there, doesn't make it a "bad" place....remember, try not to judge! The Loud American Roadhouse is a nuetral place. Actually it is considered a 'RUB' bar by 1%ers and usually avoided. It's been reported that they went there this particular night because they knew the Iron Pigs were hanging there during the week.

During Sturgis.....

Wearing LE Colors....I've been to many bike weeks all over this country, wearing my LE colors. Guess what, never had a problem. Not once. Actually, many municipalities hire officers from all over to help out for the event, we get welcomed by the working officers. We've actually ran into co-workers and reps from our own agencies...Many are actually happy to have us around, go figure. Also, many establishment's security staffs know who the good guys are and they welcome us too. The only places that we don't go are the ones that are undeniably affiliated with 1%ers. We know which ones they are and we stay away.

Good choices were not made in my opinion......and that was also the opinion of a couple of OMG Experts (LEOs) after the incident as I talked to them at a OMG conference.....
    Again, just your opinion. The OMG experts I know and associate with beg to differ. I work with an OMG enforcement team, it's a multi-jurisdictional TF.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    That's a bunch of misinformation you have. I'd suggest you read the Charles Remsberg article on the entire incident which also states the location involved, “a mainstream, family-type restaurant-bar, with food, live music, and dancing, famous for its steak tips,” says Robert Van Norman, a long-time resident of nearby Rapid City and a partner in the law firm of Nooney, Solay & Van Norman, which defended the accused officers."
    Hmmmm....in this restaurant: www.loudamericanroadhouseI.com t's a heavy metal bar that has a restaurant.....not some place I would be during Sturgis....and one would think a LEO would have better sense to be in there as well....but that's just me...

During Sturgis.....

Wearing LE Colors....

Good choices were not made in my opinion......and that was also the opinion of a couple of OMG Experts (LEOs) after the incident as I talked to them at a OMG conference.....

Leave a comment:

• That Guy
    replied
    I think I can see the others point of view. Almost 90% of Harley riders think they are badasses because they ride HDs. They wear leather and very few wear helmets and are the least friendly of motorcycle owners. Perhps that is why I don't care for them.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Slaughter
    replied
    That's a bunch of misinformation you have. I'd suggest you read the Charles Remsberg article on the entire incident which also states the location involved, “a mainstream, family-type restaurant-bar, with food, live music, and dancing, famous for its steak tips,” says Robert Van Norman, a long-time resident of nearby Rapid City and a partner in the law firm of Nooney, Solay & Van Norman, which defended the accused officers."

I would get banned for linking since the article is on an opposing site, but I can PM the link if you're interested.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6395 users online. 380 members and 6015 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X