Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes...the VV and the Legacy Vets, 1%ers everyone should know about.

You see That Guy, what alot of cops who don't ride & don't understand is that we, who ride for LE organizations, probably despise 1%ers more than they do.

Glad to hear the BKChapter up in Anchorage/Wasilla/Palmer was started again.
    "God Created Police Officers So Firefighters Would Have A Hero"

Comment

A. I ride....

B. I don't wear 3 piece patch to show how big my penis is....or how much of of a wanna be OMG I am.....

C. Look at any OMG and Cop Bike club....and IT's THE SAME DEAL......Patches, order of march, ride captains, initiations, "do good for others" ..... Hell, HA does annual bike runs for toys..... Guess what....? So do Cop Gangs....and that's what they are...GANGS.

To the OP.....if you want to ride...ride with some buddies. Why would you want to put yourself out on front street wearing 3-piece patches and acting like a tool.....??

It is what it is......

Thank God the few folks I have witnessed acting in this manner that I worked with....I was able to not work with them any more......... and several of them aren't LEO's any more because they liked living too close to the OMG lifestyle....

Comment

Is your home really only 30 miles by 44miles? how much of a ride can you get?

Comment

Like I said, I ride. I have a 25 year old Metric Drag bike.

I'm glad you all get to ride as well, I have nothing against riding.

I despise OMG's as I lived with a relative who was deeply involved and did fun things like hide heroin in my hockey equipment when I was a kid.

Riding is great, riding with your friends is better, But I will never concede that emulating an OMG is OK.

If it is to you, great. Make sure you have your badges and ID out in the open if you are wearing rockers, the MC patch and are on my lawn.

I do not know Gloria. My POC was always Pat frpom RC, as I was not working uniformed.
          “All men dream...... But not equally..
          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Most, and I use this term not as an absolute...but most of the cop clubs have numerous other patches/pins that ID them as non-1%er's, good guys or non threatening.
            Most(again, not absolute), if not all 1%er's have the 1%er diamond, or hammer pins(if HA affiliated) or support your local 81, red & white, or SYLO if Outlaw MC affiliated..etc etc...you get the picture...

If any of you against cops in clubs had half a brain, you'd be able to figure out who's who in half a second.....(not taking a swing here, you all seem to be very intelligent gentlemen, so I know you can tell the difference)

If you simply use your OBSERVATION SKILLS and take just a moment BEFORE you act or JUDGE another, it should be pretty easy to decide who you're dealing with. Also, for those that like to blanket/broadbrush all motorcyclists wearing patches as killers, drug dealers and gun runners, please get with your agencies OMG investigator, if there is one, and ask him/her to tell you which OMG's operate in your area. That way, MAYBE you'll be less quick to judge one of your own. And it may even come to help you some day knowing who the good guys are.

Give it a try.

And then, go ahead an think of any fraternal organization/club/association you can, and see if you can find one without internal rules/structure/hierarchy.

and M-11...if I'm ever on your lawn, I hope I'm wearing shorts, a tank top, some flip flops and holding a cold beer.....
            Last edited by ShantyIrish; 09-04-2009, 08:09 AM.
            Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

I like pie.............
              Last edited by Nobody; 09-18-2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Oh jeez...now beards are no good too?.....What's this world coming too?

I've got tattoos, a beard and some times my hair gets a little scraggly, I ride a motorcycle...

I better respond immediately to work and turn myself in....

I hear what you're saying..but most people I know are not caught up with what the general public *thinks* we look like. We're not that vain. As long as the ACTIONS are not criminal, terroristic, threatening or anything but lawful...Mind you, the average citizen knows nothing about OMG's...only those exposed to it for what ever reason.
                Last edited by ShantyIrish; 09-04-2009, 11:06 AM.
                Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

I like pie.............
                  Last edited by Nobody; 09-18-2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post

Feel free to dress up and play OMG, but just don't do it in a way that you are representing the profession of law enforcement.
                    Amen Brother.....

Comment

One thing I noticed is, as supporters of cop clubs, we say we act professional, do nothing to disgrace our shields, or professions...we join for increased camaraderie or brotherhood with like minded fellow cops...yada yada yada....

When people against cop clubs, it's always...."Hey you wanna run around, look like a bad guy and ACT A TOOL, or RAISE HELL...." etc. etc...

Where is the correlation coming from that once a cop who rides a bike joins a fraternal org. such as a cop mc, that he automatically becomes a tool or raises hell? All I know, operate their bikes with-in the law, none have ever ran drugs or murdered anyone, none sold guns or extorted money from anyone, none sold protection to adult dancers, none ever were found guilty of assault....I keep coming up zeros.

The only thing that I can come up with is that some of them have longer hair then others, some have tats, some have beards, they wear leather vests when they ride thier bikes....So is it the "look" that you guys don't agree with? Take me for example, while I was on uniformed patrol, clean shaven, regulation hair cut, former jarhead, spit and polish, everything. For the last 5 yrs, I've worked numerous plainclothes/street crime/violent crimes unit, now street crime/tac team. Hair's longer, beard/goatee, just the way I was before going to boot camp. A few more visable tats, thats it. I'm still the same professional police officer I was when I was back in uniform. The only change is appearence and that's because A) It's how I looked before and B) looking like a regular joe helps me in my assignment to blend in better and not get made as a cookie cutter cop as soon as I walk up to someone. Would you think less of me becaue of my appearence? Please tell me no. It actually bothers me that some of you seem to be saying that because I look like I do AND ride a bike in a cop club, that you think some how I'm less of a cop then you or not worthy of getting to know better. How sad, really, for you to close yourself off from others in your profession based upon such superficial reasons or narrow mindedness or some pre-disposed false feelings.

Where are you guys getting that connection from? That "AUTOMATICALLY, ALL members of cop clubs are tools or are trying to emulate bad guys".

I know quite a few officers in cop clubs. Some chiefs, supervisors, local coppers, detectives/investigators, spec op guys, narco guys, patrol guys, hwy guys, all levels of federal guys...all in cop clubs. I can't think of ONE that thinks, acts or tries to be a bad guy. And, none of them have ever been under any investigations or internal inquiries into their off duty behavior or actions stemming from their involvement with cop mc's. These are some of the most professional members of LE that I've seen. Especially so, because of the negative spin other cops who know nothing about it, put on it.

I would bet that there are more non cop club coppers getting into trouble then cops in clubs. I wish there was a study available.

I'm sorry for the long read, really I am. I'll get off the soapbox now...you guys sap all the energy out of me, you win.
                      Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

Wow, I finally read this whole thing. Here in Oregon, BK have one patch. I was a member for one year- went on one ride... I never really got into it because they were all retired except me and about two others. they all rode high end bikes and traveled to Florida, SD since they had all the time in the world.

One thing to remember, OMG's have one glaring difference from BK. the "outlaw" portion. Remember, it takes a group of five or more, dressing alike, having the same interests, "engaged in criminal activity" to make the OMG.

If we, as cops, start deciding we are better based on our affiliations or lack thereof, will only make it harder on the group as a whole. Think about that statement.

I've done SWAT, Street Crimes (UC stuff), FTO, trainer, etc. I have talked with the cops who think because of their assignment, believe they are better than others. It only makes the job harder when you elevate your status or affiliation.

For example, if people who live in say Hawaii want to throw stones, well, weren't there two cops for possession on controlled substances at the Police and fire games??? Or how about the LAPD rampart Division. If I were Hiring cops in Oregon and felt somehow I was better than someone I met from Hawaii or California, I'd be missing out on hiring some good cops.

So, before we throw stones at people in other organizations, look at your own affiliations. You can't say because someone is a BK that they are OMG wannabe's. Like I said, I was a BK for one year and I did not meet ONE of those guys that wanted anything to do with OMG's.

Comment

SPD,

That is exactly the point. These guys knocking the BK have fallen into the trap and the 1%er are chuckling over their beer and meth!

Wakeup guys! When you start ditchin on your own.....they have a great laugh. We do not associate with 1%er's.

I was visiting family in the northeast last year....saw a marked unit talking and a cop and biker with the Outlaws MC were chating it up and laughing. Do I take this as the cop was doing his job OR the cop was ??? The cop was probably just doing what he job and if the public thinks otherwise.....who gives a $hit.

I just happen to ride with other cops. It's better than independants, as sometimes you never know what your riding with!

We in the BK's get approached and contacted weekly by the general public and organizations hoping the BK's will help out their charity. We're not talking about toys for tots like the 1%er's. We're talking about 50-80-$100,000 in fundraising guys. MAybe some of you independant LE riders should come on by some time and see what we do at some of these events.

One BK Chapter that recently started up in the northwest was welcomed into the community by other motorcycle organizations. They were happy to see a LE presence as the 1%er's had just taken over. Yes the BK's had three piece patch...so what. It certainly did not affect they were greated in the community by others.

When I ride, I don't just ride to work....I ride to work and then on the weekend I may go on a 500-800 mile ride....to help make a wish, or the Hope Project for kids or a cops family who is in need. I know I certainly by myself ,or two or three other guys, there is know way we could generate that kind of money. So a large organization, like the Knights, is the answer. I also do other volunteer work too. So maybe next time instead of just watching or looking at us, come on over, sit down and maybe chat with us.

From your comments, you obviously don't work with us on the street,otherwise, like the others I work with, you wouldn't be making the comments your doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                            Amen Brother.....

Bearcat, have you ever contacted the Blue Knights Hawaii 1 Chapter? Give them a call...go for a ride..........beside riding, I'm sure the guys and gals, as we have lady members, unlike 1%ers as it not permitted with them, would love for you to come along for ride. At about events we also make it for the entire family,so the children participate too at events and conventions. WE are a family club!

You said you ride, so why not ride with law enforcement? We also teach the motorcycle safety course Basic and Advanced to the public. IF you've got some experience,become an instructor and teach the public.

You know guys, the number of people in the general public who approach us and appreciate what we do would blow your mind. You guys are out of touch. I've even had a elderly.....and I mean elderly lady...80's ask if she could take a spin on the back of my bike, as she's always wanted to get on a motorcycle. No guys it's not the public who has the problem!

Here's some pics from their site...they hardly look like the public is going to call 911!!!! Give us a call and lets go for ride, play a round of golf or just help out on one of our charities....you may have a great time!

http://home.earthlink.net/~bkhi1/
                            Last edited by Napstr; 09-05-2009, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Napstr View Post
                              Bearcat, have you ever contacted the Blue Knights Hawaii 1 Chapter? Give them a call...go for a ride
                              A. My bike isn't here yet....so.... Hopefully it will appear soon with my truck....but that's a whole different topic....

B. Have no reason to ride with folks that have a rocker/patches on the back of their jackets.....

C. I can go through the Military to take motorcycle safety classes.....so...that would be my option...

D. If I want to do charity stuff....I can go through the local Elks Lodge's.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                                A. My bike isn't here yet....so.... Hopefully it will appear soon with my truck....but that's a whole different topic....

B. Have no reason to ride with folks that have a rocker/patches on the back of their jackets.....

C. I can go through the Military to take motorcycle safety classes.....so...that would be my option...

D. If I want to do charity stuff....I can go through the local Elks Lodge's.....

Okay Bearcat, but you can't beat me up for trying!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4716 users online. 266 members and 4450 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X