300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE MCs...

Howdy guys. Wondering is anyone is a member of a sworn LE motorcycle club, and how it's working out for you?

I'm turning over joining the nearest chapter of the Blue Knights (90 miles away) but am a bit concerned about potential conflict with the three piece patch 1%er clubs in regard to the BKs and their three piece patch (I know they generally ignore the one or two piece patch riding clubs). Also, is there any fallout directed at LE clubs from the Sturgis incident last year?

If so it's probably not worth the hassle and I'll just continue to ride independent...

Oh, no. Not again.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
      Oh, no. Not again.
      Sorry if I kicked your puppy. Did a forum search for "motorcycle clubs" and "Blue Knights" and found no specific threads...

Comment

That's because they were deleted for turning dumb.

If you ride,great, have fun.

If you feel the need to play OMG on the weekends, go for it.

M-11
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

ND,

Just talk to the guys with your local Chapter. The Knights are a good crew and most have alot of years of experience in Law enforcement. M11 has been in his office too long!
          "God Created Police Officers So Firefighters Would Have A Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
            If you feel the need to play OMG on the weekends, go for it.
            Exactly.... Go hangout with the Blue Knights.......then go hangout with a OMG .....

Not much difference...at all.....
            Last edited by Bearcat357; 09-03-2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Oh come on BEarcat, give it a break.

ND,

Here's a link for the area you reside. Give them a call or email and they can answer your questions. http://www.blueknightsmwrc.com/ Go to one of the four (4) Chapters in the North Dakota area. In our area we have Sheriffs, Deputies, Police Officers and Troopers who belong. The Knights have about 20,000 members and next year the International Convention is in Billings, MT, very close to where you reside.

Take care and be safe!
              Last edited by Napstr; 09-03-2009, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Napstr View Post
                Oh come on BEarcat, give it a break.
                Been around both.....

Look at how they induct.....how they run their clubs....how they ride.....

Once again....same/same......

Comment

Bear,

I'm with the Knights. I know alot about the other clubs you refer to as 1%ers. There is alot of difference between them and the Knights....especially in regards to the "Induction" you talk about.

The Knights have no induction except what you see at the following link...http://bkwcc.org/index.php?option=co...&id=5&Itemid=4

Yes the induction is......
                  1. Be an active full or part time law enforcement officer with powers of arrest.
                  2. Be employed by a governmental agency and receive monetary compensation, be a retired or disabled former law enforcement officer.
                  3. Possess a valid license to operate a motorcycle.
                  4. Own a motorcycle or plan to purchase one within six months.
                  That's it...the only induction, as you state...is being a cop...that can't be too bad............unlike a 1%er....where they start off as a hang around...prospect and then a full patch member.

Just be cop with a bike !!!

In regards to running the club....extremely different and how both ride, I'm not sure what you mean on that one.
                  Last edited by Napstr; 09-03-2009, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Members....Associate members....hmmmm....

You have initiation....order of ride.....Ride Capt's.....punishment/fines for folks ...?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                      Members....Associate members....hmmmm....

You have initiation....order of ride.....Ride Capt's.....punishment/fines for folks ...?

....No initiation Bear.....you earn the right to ride with the Knights by being a Police Officer. Once your position and employment is verified, you are sent a letter and an ID card. That's it Bear.

We ride to have fun, assist with Charities and enjoy other LE's company.

In regards Associate members....it allows other part time LE's with powers of arrest an opportunity to join. Part time cops. But everyone has powers of arrest.
                      Last edited by Napstr; 09-03-2009, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Sorry..... I've been around some of your fellow riders....same deal as OMG..... It might say that in your official stuff....but they were doing orders of march during rides, had Ride CPTs, "punished" members from ride infractions, had initiations, had their own colors....etc....

Same/same....

If folks want to ride....go with some buddies....why pay to ride with a bunch of folks that fly colors and try to act like OMGs...?

Amazing out of all the posts on here, you tend to post 90% of the time trying to defend Cop Bike Clubs.....

Comment

Well I can say this, ride captains are also safety captains...plan the ride and make sure people don't get hurt. 1%ers do not,their structure is very different.

One thing I've learned with over 24 years in LE and still in LE working narcotics. I don't judge a book by it's cover. I certainly don't stereotype .....and pass judgement without knowing all the facts either. The duck theory does not always apply in LE unless you want to get sued or you've been sued!

On another note, I say this to all LE. Most Blue Knights have alot of LE experience. We share the same patrol cars, work the same streets and are the back up of all officers. So remember, an Officer is an Officer.

The comments I've heard in the past are no better than the general public when an officer is charged and convicted and then some stereotype all cops or a department. That is a bad mindset to be in, if you know what I mean. If you judge all by the few you hung around yourself, then your mind is closed and closed to learning. Education is one thing, but learning can only occur when you have an open mind.

Enough of my preaching Bear, but I don't stereotype people. I am observant and cautious to my surroundings.

Good talking to you Bear....stay safe!

Comment

Originally posted by NDTerminator View Post
                            Howdy guys. Wondering is anyone is a member of a sworn LE motorcycle club, and how it's working out for you?

I'm turning over joining the nearest chapter of the Blue Knights (90 miles away) but am a bit concerned about potential conflict with the three piece patch 1%er clubs in regard to the BKs and their three piece patch (I know they generally ignore the one or two piece patch riding clubs). Also, is there any fallout directed at LE clubs from the Sturgis incident last year?

If so it's probably not worth the hassle and I'll just continue to ride independent...
                            Check these guys out:

http://www.ironpigs.com/Chaptersmain.htm

There is a chapter in North Dakota

Comment

Napstr:

Way to find something to post about.

I have worked Sturgis several times, and every time there were problems with "Cop" clubs.

If you want to play Badass, fine have a good time, any 3 patch gang is emulating a criminal organization. This is not a difficult conclusion to make.

Who acted like this first? Cops or criminals?

Why not throw on some grey uniforms with SS insignia? After all, we're just cops. How we present ourselves doesn't matter right?

I ride my bike to work until it snows. Then I wait for the road to plow. I am hardly in the office at all.

M-11
                              “All men dream...... But not equally..
                              Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                              but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                              for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6670 users online. 346 members and 6324 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X