Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What guns were popular in Wild West? (~1880)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What guns were popular in Wild West? (~1880)

Just curious... What were they using back then? what kind of revolvers, shotguns, rifles etc

I blieve .22lr was popular back then? .45 colt???

I want to buy a nice wild west cowboy style rifle and pistol

The win model of '94 original cal 32-20 today it's usually cambered fer 30-30.

The colt SAA in .45 "long colt" 4 5/8" is most popular fer quick draw artists like myself... (Be prepared ta spend a small fortune though)... and good quick draw Leather will cost more than several hundred bucks...)

And, most High-wall Single shots...........

Dead troll souls are warm at night.......
    Last edited by asullivan; 01-25-2009, 06:49 PM. Reason: SSA to SAA
    Originally posted by mookster
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Originally posted by CityCopDC
    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

The henry 44/40

Sharps 45/70 and 45/90

Colt Saa

Schofield revolver
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
        The henry 44/40

Sharps 45/70 and 45/90

Colt Saa

Schofield revolver

What about my mod 94 MB, Uhh That thar was one of em that won tha west it was.... I was there!!!

Just ask John Wayne!!!!
        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

The Winchester 1894 wasn't invented until well 1894. 1880's was the period right?

Comment

The Winchester 1894 wasn't invented until well 1894. 1880's was the period right?

Well Heck MB your always so technical and stuff, officer...

A few years here, a few years thar.....

Ya know, kinda like mak'in grub..... Give er take.... A few years thar, Take a few years here,, Ya know good buddy!!!
            -Frank

Comment

Again 1897 not 1880's................................LOL

Comment

Shotguns were usually break open singles or doubles side by side.

Comment

Errr Steve,

MB and myself, are of aware of tha evolution of tha Win Mod 97 scattergun...
                  We were referin'in to tha centre fire rifle, lever action repeating arm...
                  -Frank

Comment

colt ssa = single action?

Comment

Again 1897 not 1880's................................LOL
                      Like I said officer MB,

tha 97 NOT THA 80!!!!
                      -Frank

Comment

Originally posted by eyildiz View Post
                        colt ssa = single action?
                        10-4, saa= single action ARMY..........
                        -Frank

Comment

There was the Winchester model 1873 which is often mistaken for 1894. There were still alot of black powder pistols and rifles in use at the time as well.

the 1873

Almost forgot about the Spencer

The henry

Marlin 1881 45/70

Winchester 1887

Comment

Yea, there ya go Steve.....
                            Beautiful specimens....
                            Last edited by asullivan; 01-25-2009, 06:53 PM. Reason: remove mirror.
                            -Frank

Comment

MB whip up

a 4 5/8" colt SAA fer steve... 3rd generation if ya can......

Steve,
                              that is what I use in Quick draw........
                              I don't know how ta make that thar pictures.....
                              -Frank

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11915 users online. 504 members and 11411 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X