X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Name Taken
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2007

How not to get a "police discount"

How not to get a police discount at Taco Bell.

Md. State Trooper Arrested After Abduction Reporting
    Kelly McPherson TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) ―
    Click to enlarge
    Baltimore County Police have arrested a Maryland State trooper for allegedly abducting a man and driving while intoxicated.
    CBS

1 of 1
    Close

numSlides of totalImages What happened at 3 a.m. Saturday has cost a Maryland State Trooper his job.

Kelly McPherson reports exactly one year after he graduated from the state police academy.

Off-duty State Trooper Bruce Wrzosek, 22, pulled up to the Towson drive-thru and ordered up trouble.

"That's an amazing story I wouldn't have thought of it myself," said Debra Rawlings.

Baltimore County Police say they were called to Taco Bell by employees, saying they were being disturbed by a drunken trooper turning on his siren, and trying to pull people over in the drive-thru lane.

"When our first officer got there, the trooper indicated that he was OK. But the officer didn't suspect that things were OK. Actually, he smelled an odor of alcohol," said Corporal Mike Hill, spokesperson for Baltimore County Police.

Before police got there, Wrzosek had thrown a 20-year-old man into the front seat of his cruiser. That man said while in the drive-thru, the trooper yelled, get the expletive out of the way. And when he drove off from county police he said, "They can't do expletive to me."

"It's awful for him to do something like that," said Tiffany Washington.

County police chased the trooper into this residential area to Tilmont Avenue. The witness inside the trooper car told police it felt like they were going 95 miles per hour during the chase.

Here, in the trooper's neighborhood he failed the heel-to-toe sobreity test and during the test Wrzosek said "That's great, I'm drunk. Then before finishing, he said "I'm done, lock me up."

The county's investigation showed there was no reason for Wrzosek to force the 20-year-old man into his car at the restaurant's parking lot. The trooper is charged with DUI, false imprisonment and eluding police.

State police spokesman Greg Shipley says Wrzosek has been fired. During the incident, police say Wrzosek was dressed in plain clothes but was driving his police car.

"People just get away with anything. Some people are protected by the badge and it's unfortunate," said one person.

The trooper was still within his two year probationary period, so his firing was swift.

"This type of behavior is not part of the Maryland State Police and is in no way condoned; this is completely inappropriate for anyone who wears this uniform," said Greg Shipley, Maryland State Police Spokesperson.

Troopers are allowed to drive 25 miles near home.

Wrzosek is in the Baltimore County jail on $500,000 bond.

(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
  • NORCOCOP
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2007

Know when to say when boys n girls. Nuff said.

Comment

• fedguy889
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2004

ummm WOW!!!

Wonder why he was suspended earlier in the year...
      Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

• SgtCHP
        Retired Sergeant - CHP
        • Nov 2006

"People just get away with anything. Some people are protected by the badge and it's unfortunate," said one person.
        I don't think so!!!

Tragically, this is the type of incident that people remember the most. It creates a topic of conversation for weeks within the community. Too bad! At this time of year, too.
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

• RoadKingTrooper
          Have gun......will travel
          • Nov 2008

Yeah Sgt. The OP found it necessary to post the article twice. I guess that way he is sure everyone sees it.
          RKT
          "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

• djblank87
            Resident Crossfitter
            • Mar 2008

That sucks for everyone involved, I wonder if he just got done watching Super Troopers?

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

• Name Taken
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper
              Yeah Sgt. The OP found it necessary to post the article twice. I guess that way he is sure everyone sees it.
              RKT
              It was posted twice because once in the local forum for local dicussion and once in the non local forum for other people to view it. Not everyone stops in the Maryland forum.

He was suspended earlier it appears for disorderly conduct/open container charges in the city.

I agree he didnt "get away" with much at all.

Comment

• TexasAggieOfc
                God Bless Texas
                • May 2007

What ever happened to Professional Courtesy!?!?!?!

;D
                sigpic
                Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

• Presence

driving drunk = bad

driving drunk in your patrol car = really bad

abducting someone from a taco bell drive thru bcause you are angry the guy was in the way of you getting your burrito supreme on time, then leading the police on a drunken high speed chase through your own neighborhood = priceless.

Comment

• bill9823
                    Forum Member
                    • Dec 2008

I believe in Professional Courtesy when you can do it but, this guy pushed it beyond reasonable. If it is one on one then you could do something but not when there are so many involved. Wasted his career.
                    "the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of moral crisis, do nothing." Dante

Comment

• fedguy889
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Presence
                      driving drunk = bad

driving drunk in your patrol car = really bad

abducting someone from a taco bell drive thru bcause you are angry the guy was in the way of you getting your burrito supreme on time, then leading the police on a drunken high speed chase through your own neighborhood = priceless.
                      Thats great!!!!

@ least he didnt run over the taco bell doggie
                      Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

• VChopefull
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by bill9823
                        I believe in Professional Courtesy when you can do it but, this guy pushed it beyond reasonable. If it is one on one then you could do something but not when there are so many involved. Wasted his career.
                        Hahahahaha... The funniest part is that you thought he was serious when he said "professional courtesy"..........

Obv a joke.....

Comment

• fedguy889
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2004

Geez, charged with Kidnapping, Assault-Sec Degree, and False Imprisonment. Not a good way to end a night of drinking. MY GF runs a great rehab (court ordered stuff) in Balt County, maybe he'll get to go there.

Comment

• willbird
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2008

Gee I'm surprised nobody said..

"There are two sides to every story, I would not draw any conclusions until we talk to the Officer himself" :-) :-)

Bill
                            Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

• asullivan
                              Learn'in ma' boy, BBM
                              • May 2008

Why was tha guy inside the Patrolmans car so freaked out ???????? I love taco bell...
                              Originally posted by mookster
                              Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                              Originally posted by CityCopDC
                              I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                              Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                              I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                              -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21094 users online. 62 members and 21032 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...